•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Pre-promo for all songs

1. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

ok i know the songs arnt out yet - and all promo stuff forbidden, but i thought it might be nice if every person compteting wrote a short sentence to describe the reason why we all picked our song (without giving anything away obvoiusly!)
    the reason i picked my song was not only the fact i love it, but the fact its almost like the story of my life, cliché i know but every lyric within my song reflects something that i have been through (and usually come out of) this contest shouldnt be about countries or artists i think (although it makes it more fun!) but personality and meaning behind the songs
    some short sentence...
    if you dont like the idea your welcome to ignore it
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

I don't know exactly why I picked my song. It's a song I like, I've known it for ages, I have no idea what the lyrics mean (it's not in English or Greek:P) and I thought it would be funny to pick that song because I'm sure noone else will have something similar:D
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I like the idea! :D

OK, I picked my song because ... imo its just a really really great song! Its exactly the sort of genre that I LOVE and it makes me want to get up and dance! Its powerful, catchy, energetic, and the lyrics aren't half bad either! I hope you'll all love it as much as I do! :D
  4. OMG fantastic idea!!! :) It's like what they do in MF (yep, sorry for mentioning that again :P) a little short sentence to entice and intrigue the voting public...

Well, I picked my entry because...erm, not really sure :S I had only recently heard it and thought it was a really strong, catchy song with a seemingly incongruous message.

In short: it's contemporary, commercial but not crap! :D
  5. Mark New Member

Well I haven't picked my song yet, today it will be choosen though :D But the reason it will be picked...

Because all you lot thought it was the worse in my MFMF and voted for it, so you had less competition :D and coz your all jealous of Ishtaristan ( I feel like a Turk/Norwayish:D)
  6. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Mark will I get ur entry tonight or tomorrow morning? (T'is easier if I know it tonight) :D

Btw its even better for me reading all of these, cause I know what all your songs are already!!! muhahaha :D
  7. Mark New Member

erm ... probs tonight, I dunno whos left to vote for wants to vote though :D
  8. Kevin New Member

well i narrowed my selection down to 5 of my favourite songs (although one is rather boring now), so i could get an idea of people's opinions and so i may have more chance of doing well, as i know which type of music you prefer :D
    luckily it was one of my favourites of the 5 songs that won :)

the result and my fabtastic poster will be revealed tomorrow :D
  9. calrisle Scrutineer

Well boys and girls, I didn't pick my song - you did! I do know why I put it up for contention at Melodavestivalen, though. I love Ollie's notion of going for something heartfelt, something meaningful and sincere - but on this occasion, the song that's been chosen is all-out, kill-you-stone-dead power pop, crafted beautifully with everything in it's right place. The artist is just like a total breath of fresh air, and I remember that the first time I heard the song, it lifted me up, made me smile, and made me want to dance.

For those who would dismiss the bubblegum nature of some of the songs knocking around in the final here, there's a place for everything in the world, a place locked away in even the darkest of hearts than can be filled with warmth and happiness, and there's even a place for pop music that means nothing. Music is one of our most basic pleasures as humans, and anything that makes me want to jump around my living room doesn't have to be deep and meaningful.

It's easy to tell someone your heart is breaking or that you're in a dark and lonely place - but it sure is difficult to make a heart beat faster and a smile grow wider in the space of three minutes, which is what pop as perfect as my song choice manages to do for me.
  10. Aaron N Moof master

my song was chosen by my own internal MF :P

i really like my song, its catchy the musics great and the singer is one of my faves!! :D

i hope you like it when it gets shown :) :)
  11. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

OMFG I most certainly agree!! :D After rock, or pop/rock, theres nothing better than a bloody good pop song! :D A decent pop song should not only put a smile on peoples faces, but have a kick ass rhythm which can make anybody wanna dance! It should also be catchy, infectious, and definitely not be cringeworthy! Because I think that is big problem, that alot of pop songs become cringeworthy because they have either truly awful lyrics, or they just sound cheap if you know what I mean.

Here are a couple of examples of what are (imo) near perfect pop songs (aka they fulfill their pop-purpose entirely!)
    Agnes Carlsson "Release me" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSb6e3grdL8
    Elin Lanto "Discotheque" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvMVZ369Be8

And you should all also listen to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZ0s7bdFHM :D "I believe in miracles" has gotta be one of the most under rated pop songs of all times for me!
  12. I selected this song as someone else :@ had chosen the one I wanted :)

And I chose it because I wanted this singer to have a second chance. She didn't do very well in MF :P And I LIKE IT OF COURSE :D
  13. OMG I know who you and Jonny have chosen now!!! :D And possibly which songs! Can I get some points for that Jonny? :P

...funny, I thought given your country name, we'd be the one sharing an artist ;)
  14. EURO SHEEP!!!!! I thought it would be too obvious :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023