•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

2010 Election Poll

?

What's your preference for the UK General Election

Poll closed 6th May 2010.
Labour 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Conservatives 1 vote(s) 7.1%
Liberal Democrats 5 vote(s) 35.7%
Other (e.g Greens, UKIP, an Independent, or the BNP if you're a knob) 5 vote(s) 35.7%
  1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I didn't know where else to put this and it's not really eurovision related but still :P

Just vote for who you are/would be voting for (as obv most of us arent old enough to vote or don't live in the UK) in the election in May :)

If you don't live in the UK and aren't familliar with the parties ...
    Labour: Centre-Left party, have been in power since 1997.
    Liberal Democrats: Centre party who still lean slightly to the left, haven't been in power since .. a very long time ago.
    Conservatives: Centre-Right party, and were last in power pre-1997.
    Green Party: Very-Left party, who believe in well .. Green policies. Don't stand a chance.
    UKIP: Fairly Right Wing Party, believe in withdrawing from the EU. They came 2nd in European election but they'll get nowhere in the general election.
    BNP: Just LOL (Bunch of racist Nazi's)

At the moment the opinion polls are pretty inconsistent. They suggest that the Conservatives will get the most votes however they'll probably not get a majority and because the voting system favours Labour, it may well be that Labour get less votes but win with a minority government.
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

rofl, of all the forums to post it in you picked this one (ESCSC Countries).

hang on, i'll make a non-ESC forum and plonk it in there.

I guess the First Past The Post system has its merits after all. :P

BTW, the LibDems have never been in power. Their history can be traced back to the Liberal party (and then the Whigs) who were last in power under David Lloyd George around the time of WWI, but the actual modern-day LibDems (a merger of the Liberal Party and the SDP) have never ever been in power.

Wow, I guess I still remember quite a bit of the British A-Level history module :D
  3. Mina Member with a "past"

I don't know anything about Uk politics but I like the centre so I'm voting for Liberal Democrats.
  4. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Congratulations, you're no longer an Ellaby when it comes to taste Mina. :P
  5. Monster Raving Loony Party FTW.

But being serious for a moment, the whole of Cornwall is currently golden and I despise Labour and the Conservatives. Liberal Democrats all the way (to the 3rd place).
  6. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Oh bloody hell poor Lib Dems :P And LOL yes I did chose a rather irrelevant section to put it in, ty for changing it :D
  7. I suppose I should vote for the Green Party as I favour the Green Party over here (which is centre-left though) :D Or maybe labour.
  8. Eurovizz Member

Voted for the Conservatives, since I've always supported the Conservatives here in Norway. :) Also, since my dad works for them it has always been a bit natural for me to agree with several things of their policy. I don't know how the Conservatives in the UK are, though.
  9. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

My vote would go to

My vote would definitely go to the Green Party, we have one here too, GroenLinks, and it is also very left!
  10. Eurovizz Member

UK election stirs much attention in Norway

[IMG]
    :D
  11. Arben The Flag Lover

im more interested in that southpark article though :P
  12. Eurovizz Member

Haha, yeah..that South Park article was about lots of people protesting against NRK as the channel has permanently decided to stop all broadcasts of South Park due to its inapproriance :@

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023