•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

ABOUT TONIGHT

?

Which option do you prefer?

Poll closed 9th July 2016.
Option 1: Proceed with the show tonight with results on another day 8 vote(s) 61.5%
Option 2: Have the Nations Night tonight and do the show in full next Saturday (16/7/16) 5 vote(s) 38.5%
  1. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Greetings to you all.

Tonight is the scheduled night for the Fly with us team event, which is a live show. It is, however, very likely that due to time constraints, although we can have the show and the voting, we won't be able to have the results presentation tonight.

So, I am presenting you with two options, which must be decided before 7pm UK tonight. Majority wins, so please vote. Note that only votes from participating members (including Norman) will count.

OPTION 1

Proceed with the show tonight, vote live as normal, but defer the results presentation to another day.

OPTION 2

Reshuffle the schedule so tonight will be Julio's Nation Night instead, and do the team show next Saturday instead, where we could complete the whole thing, including the results, in one day.

Please vote. Thank you.
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

I'll go with no2. Better to have it all in one night, I think.
  3. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

I am personally in favour of Option 1, as I would assume people kept tonight free and are looking forward to it. But chiefly I really like the idea of a show in two parts, it keeps the suspense going for longer, makes it much more exciting, and gives us something else to look forward to. Many thanks for all the work and commitment.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  4. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

I tend to agree with boby (God help me.) People will have kept tonight free whereas they may not have done for next week - I think proceeding with the show and voting tonight makes sense wit the results another day (preferably not Monday as I am likely to be on the sleeper train)
    sokrates1988 and Anaconda like this.
  5. James ... and his things xD

I am personally more a fan of having the show and the results on the same night, but I understand that it needs time.

As I am on holiday next week, so I wouldnt be able to be here next saturday, I voted for option 1.
  6. Ronini SHIT Taste Central

Since Option 2 would allow me to attend Julio's Nation Night I'd otherwise miss, I went for that option. Nonetheless I'd really prefer the option that allows the largest number of people to attend both events.
    Merjan likes this.
  7. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

90% likely to be out next saturday so gone with option1, Like people have said they have kept tonight free for a while now.
    Anaconda likes this.
  8. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

IF option 1 were to prevail, we'd most likely do the results just before the reveal of the #100 songs on Wednesday. Unless there are many objections?
    Rua, adamacs, Ronini and 2 others like this.
  9. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

sounds good to me jw
    Anaconda likes this.
  10. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

That would be great, ty.
  11. Curtis Belgium is a non country.

I'm on holiday from the 15th to the 22nd so I voted option 1 I also have no objection to the results being on wednesday
    Anaconda likes this.
  12. James ... and his things xD

HFc
    Anaconda likes this.
  13. James ... and his things xD

Wednesday is ok for me
    Anaconda likes this.
  14. Mina Member with a "past"

I'm ok with Wednesday, too.
    Anaconda likes this.
  15. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I agree with Ron
  16. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

but more people might not be free next saturday unlike tonight where lots have made sure tonight was kept free
    Anaconda likes this.
  17. dan Bald Member

I'm fine with either option but voted option 1 due to those who are away/unavailable next Saturday.
    sokrates1988 and Anaconda like this.
  18. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

And Ron said he would prefer the option that allowed most people to attend both events.
  19. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

yes but if people have kept tonight free but cant do next saturday there will be less people attending then tonight
  20. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

But surely Ron's point is to go with the option that allows most people to attend both events (isn't it?)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023