•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

An apology.

1. Liam Esterran.

Some of you may have seen a small spat between jw, Bruno and I last week in chat, I just wanted to clear some stuff up relating to that as I know how easy rumour can spread and such.

With my failure to qualify from the semi final, I was kinda pissed off. It was the first time I'd missed out since my first participation in edition 10 and I thought I had sent one of my best songs, in hindsight I think this was a silly reaction, but it was purely emotive and I got over it later on.

However, my usual talk of the contest had obviously been more than a little soured by this so a good portion of my chat topics referenced this failure and in my usual joking nature I did what I thought would be obvious as parodying Dhakan's "you all have no taste" routine, clearly this was not understood.

A few days later, upon realisation that Rama and CTP also had missed out, I jokingly acted as if racism was behind this, at which Bruno snapped and in an articulate rant told me off, I mistook the lack of gramatical errors as an inject by jw and things escalated from there. Again, I was not serious here and know that this is clearly not racism, it was just a topic that was on my mind.

The three of us cleared this up fairly fast after we realised that the fight was getting more intense than any of us wanted and we all apologised for anything hurtful that was said and agreed to get over it, but for anyone who didn't get the full story or may have heard a rumour, I'm sorry I was a bit bitter and I'm sorry I badly channelled my feelings of not qualifying into humour that didn't really translate at all.

That being said, if I don't qualify this edition, y'all are dead to me :D

x

-Liam
    Jonny likes this.
  2. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

Dramamamamamamaa
    Dramamamamamamaa

i didnt know about this, but thankfully it's ok now ;)
  3. Liam Esterran.

I wasn't sure how many people knew about it, but I needed to get it off my chest regardless.
  4. Mina Member with a "past"

I'm curious to see how you'll feel the 4th or 5th time you don't qualify...lol :PxD
  5. Liam Esterran.

I imagine it'd get easier each time. I had not failed to qualify for 13 editions, I guess I had come to expect to be in the final :P

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023