•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

EBU Jury/Televoting results revealed!

1. Liam Esterran.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=18893&_t=EBU reveals split voting outcome, surprising results

I hate to throw around an 'I told you so' to people around here, but certain people were adamant that the Juries had caused the downfall of Slovakia in the first semi, when in fact nobody voted for her, and people blaming Juries for the success of Russia, who actually was dragged down by the juries. Funny huh?

In my eyes, this shows me the Juries are pretty good. I'd have been sad to see Belgium in 14th position in the final.

The biggest shock to me is that with only televoting, France would have been 8th and Spain 12th, interesting :)
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

What I noticed is that:
    a/ Greece won the televoting in the 1st semi (I was sure about that:P)
    b/ The juries screwed Spain again..12th in televoting, 20th with juries...those people must be deaf.
    c/ The juries also screwed Sweden (I expected that after the mf).

Now if only someone could explain to me why Spain was 20th and Romania (Romania ffs!) 3rd with the juries and Israel (with Harel's horrible vocals) 5th :rolleyes: :@
  3. Liam Esterran.

Yeah, there are some rather odd patterns there.

I think they balance each other out nicely though.

seeing Ireland higher would have been nice though.
  4. CTP Jass hater

I think Finland should be most upset... That said, I'm happy enough with the Juries. There's always some losers and winners from either system, which is why both are used I guess, as Liam said, they balance each other out.
  5. Poor, brave Finland :(

Interesting how close the jury voting was in the final, glad to see Belgium 2nd. One thing I've noticed is these juries are far too pro-Israel. Last year top 10 jury voting, this year again with a dull song featuring appalling vocals.

And France came 8th in the final with televoting! :D Result!

edit: WTF is it with Macedonia 10th in the semi-finals in the juries ears :@ deaf tossers.
  6. Mina Member with a "past"

The funny thing is that the big 4 wanted the juries the most and this year...........the Uk would be last anyway, Germany would win anyway and they seriously screwed France and Spain.
  7. Arben The Flag Lover

I still want telvoting only back as the "west cannot win without juries" thing has been proven wrong twice now, some countries (france spain finland serbia) loosing their deserved placings is the only thing that jury bring. If noone votes Belgium it has noting to do in the top3 q.f....

even Holland almost qualified again with televote...
  8. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

I keep hearing people say, keep the system, limit the televotes to one per phone. Who thinks televotes should be limited? Do you think the EBU will ever do that? Doubt it. :P
  9. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Sheep, Macedonia had to come 10th somewhere. :D
  10. Liam Esterran.

Hmm, maybe not one per telephone, but one vote per country would be my suggestion.
  11. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

They already are limited. To 20.
  12. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

I thought it was 25. Well limit it to one I mean.
  13. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

And deserved it was too! There must be another way ...

Go France!!!!!
  14. Going on the 2008/2009 semi-final voting rules the qualifiers would have been:

Semi one: :gr::is::be::ru::rs::fi::al::by::pt::ba:
    Semi two: :az::tr::ro::dk::ge::am::ua::lt::se::il:

Finland replace Moldova, and Sweden/Lithuania replace Cyprus/Ireland
  15. One point I think people are missing when questioning the validity of jury voting in the final is how they affected the results in 2009.

How would people have felt if Turkey and Azerbaijan had beaten Iceland? If the UK had come 10th with one of their most notable songwriters and spirited promo campaigns ever? If Patricia Kaas had come 17th?!

In addition to that, the juries did help Western countries like Belgium this as well as Portugal, Cyprus, Norway and Ireland. The problem is they had a few high profile causalities this year, most notably Spain and France; two countries who by all accounts have been the biggest advocates for having juries back.

I'm sceptical as to the purpose of them in the semis but I still believe there's a valid place for them in the final if not affecting the winner, but the other placings.
  16. I'm one of those people who welcomed the juries back, but now I'm not so sure. I'm glad they voted for Belgium though :) But poor Anna.

Mina, you said on esctoday that Belgium gained 8 positions with televoting :S
  17. Mina Member with a "past"

I meant with juries. Belgium was 14th in televoting and finished 6th because of the juries...I was so mad when I wrote that, I got confused..lol
  18. Mina Member with a "past"

If Azerbaijan had beaten Iceland, I would have felt fine, I liked them both:P But I know what you mean about Turkey and France. For the Uk, personally I believe 10th would be more deserved because the song, in my opinion, wasn't anything much..it was Jade's performance that helped it a lot.

However, the fact that the juries voted highly for the big names of 2009, and voted highly for Romania and Israel this year, makes me question their validity even more.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023