•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

escChat in World Government (Civilization IV)

1. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

I have started a game of Civilization IV with 16 nations, each one being represented by a member of our chat. The current year in the game is approx AD 1460. I picked the nations by the location of each member (or in one person's case, their political affiliation).

Here are the nations involved. They are listed by: Chatter name, Historical leader, Nation...

James - Leopold II - Belgium

Estêvão - Yushchenko - Ukraine
    Martin - Christian IV - Denmark
    Mina - Alexander - Greece
    Liam - Curtin - Australia
    Aaron - Llywelyn - Wales
    Tomas - David - Israel
    Luís - Lincoln - America
    jw - Henry VIII - England
    Jesús - Franco - Spain
    Júlio - João II - Portugal
    Nick - de Witt - Holland
    Almila - Atatürk - Turkey
    Adam - Robert the Bruce - Scotland
    Anette - Gustav - Sweden
    Nessie - Kim Jong-il - DPRK

Current Religions
    Christianity: Belgium, Ukraine, Wales, Portugal, *Latvia, DPRK
    Hinduism: Greece, America, Spain, Turkey, Sweden
    Buddhism: Denmark, Israel, Holland, Scotland
    Judaism: England
    Athiest (No State Religion): Australia

Vassal States
    Nations that are currently under the control of other nations:
    Holland - controlled by Denmark
    Turkey - controlled by Greece
    Scotland - controlled by Belgium
    Sweden - controlled by Belgium
    DPRK - controlled by Wales
    *Latvia - originally overseas cities of Portugal. Granted independence by João II, now a Vassal of Portugal

Current cities (colonies) in the New World:
    Ukraine (5): Donetsk, Odessa, Zaporizhizhia, Lugansk, *Epirus (native village of new world captured by Ukraine)
    Denmark (3): Horsens, Vejle, Greve

At this point in the game, it is one of the rare times where there are NO nations at war with anyone. Some notable wars of the past:

Sweden vs. Belgium: back and forth until Belgium captured Stockholm. Sweden now a vassal of Belgium.
    Wales vs. all non-Christian nations: everyone that is not Christian seems to keep declaring war on Wales. However, all attempts usually end in truce and no cities changing sides.
    Ukraine vs. DPRK: Long, drawn-out war that resulted in Ukraine capturing 4 of the 7 DPRK cities, including both the capital Pyongyang and Seoul. Before Ukraine could finish off DPRK, the Apostolic Palace (led by Pope Llywelyn) convened a vote of all Christian nations that forced Ukraine and DPRK to immediately end the war. Ironically, DPRK would become a vassal state of Wales.
  2. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

Most displeasing qf:@
    James likes this.
  3. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Adam, I apologize for the mix-up. Scotland was supposed to have you listed. It has been fixed now. Enjoy being controlled by James ;D
  4. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

WITH LOVE BABY is your new national anthem, Scotland.
  5. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Enjoy being Jewish jw. ;D
  6. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Have I ever told you that I don't like you.
  7. ohasof

I feel like Russia 2010: Lost and forgotten :(
  8. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

YOU CAN KEEP SEOUL.

IN FACT, I WANT YOU TO KEEP IT.
  9. Liam Esterran.

Woo! I want to play this game sometime, it looks fun!
  10. Aaron N Moof master

And to think i'm more of a lover than a fighter :P
  11. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

New Game

Ok...it's almost to the point of declaring Leopold II of Belgium the winner of this game. I am thinking of starting a new one. In the new game, people would be grouped into teams (a.k.a. "Alliances"). Since the world map generated is different each time a new game is started, the world does not look like earth. Also, there is no guarantee that Alliance members will be located next to each other.

As of right now we currently have 16 civilizations (see original post). I already plan to include Sheep as the leader of the Sami civilization, Dave will probably be the leader of the Celts, Jonny is now India, and Petar will be Serbia

This brings us to 20 civilizations. Here are the problems:

Problem #1: Jóhanna wants to be included, however Iceland is not an available civilization to choose from.

Problem #2: I think 18 is the max number of civilizations to begin a game with.

If the max number of civilizations is 18, I may split the nations into two "semis" with 10 in each. The top 5 would then compete in a "final".

So, the main reason for this post is to get suggestions on who would like to be teamed up? I have a couple of suggestions:

Juche Alliance: England, Portugal, DPRK, Scotland
    Bloc-Voting Alliance: Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, India
    Scandi Alliance: Sweden, Denmark, Sami, Celts
    Spautch Alliance: America, Spain, Belgium, Holland

In this scenerio, I would need to leave out Australia and Wales unless I can add two more civs to make all the alliances even.

Comments?
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Ofc I have a comment:P Holland should join the Juche alliance:P
  13. Liam Esterran.

It's not like I seemed to do much last game anyway.
  14. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

actually Liam, in the current game I have, Australia is the only country (other than Ukraine) to establish colonies in the new world. For now, Australia is not in the gun sights of Ukraine...but it all could change if Australia forges an alliance with Turkey ;)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023