•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

EscChat Song Contest Continent

1. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Ok guys and gals and alien robots (hi Charlotte)!

We have an official map for our EscChat Song Contest. This map is in it's early stages, and only shows the boundaries between countries. Future maps will show cities, lakes, rivers, forests, swamps and deserts. That will actually be up to you! You will pick from one of the available countries to make as your location (i.e. the location of "State of the Ark", if you are Stockholm Calling). Once you've chosen your country's location, you can then decide what terrain types are found in your country.

[IMG]

Map of the continent of Avalon. It is tentatively set as a large island-continent in the Atlantic Ocean.

These are the numbers that have already been claimed:
    1 - Nova Nova Scotia
    2 - Wodongaria
    3 - Lusitânia
    5 - Safinette
    6 - Hexelbourg
    7 - Hatican City
    8 - Kristonia
    9 - Sheepmark
    10 - Annex of Furnyland
    11 - Annex of Furnyland
    12 - Furnyland
    13 - Støkkanslåndet
    14 - Furnyland's Nuclear Test Site
    15 - Eigerland
    16 - Black Daisystan
    17 - Empelia
    18 - The Westerlands
    19 - Il Regno d'Italofilia
    20 - Jamoukovia
    21 - Annex of Furnyland
    22 - Dhakan
    23 - LuLuland
    25 - State of the Ark
    26 - San Minino
    27 - Davis Island

Since we've "relegated" a few countries off of the map (due to no longer competing), we have plenty of spots available for new countries and possible expansions! As a reminder, no new island nations will be added to the map until ALL of the continental spots have been assigned.

Please post here the available numbered location you wish your country to have and I will update the map.
  2. 9 tah Este :D

or anything on the coast if that's not possible ;)
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

SHEEP WE ARE NEIGHBOURS!!!!

Anyway estevao you must know the terrain of my intense anus shaped glorious nation :D

The terrain is very very dense forest, as the dictatorial regime has limited development among the natives thus many people still live in tribes with little or no de-forestation. :D Huge rivers run across the country bordered with huge flood plains which the forest-natives use for growing crops which they use for subsistance farming, just scraping a living. The coast has huge sweeping untouched beaches, backed by huge sand dunes which abruptly merge into the rainforest after a belt of crops. :D The country is very flat, apart from some mountains in the north, which are home to the infamous oooga-booga tribe, who are the very first natives of the country before it was colonised and inhabitated by Irish, French & Belarusian immigrants.
    The coast is also home to most of our main cities, which contrary to the inner part of the country are very developed, highlighting the extremely un-even distribution of wealth within the country :P The Belarusian half is in the north of the country, with the majority of the tribal population, whereas the Franglais speaking half is the southern part with the developed cities, & important government buildings.

Cities (in order of size) -
    Capital:
    La Minske (Bang smack in the middle of the country, straddling both language parts)
    2nd city: L'Anus (On the south coast)
    L'Ooga-Booga (In the north)
    (We have a very small population of only 175,745.5 people so we only have 3 cities)
  4. Actually Este, I have some questions to ask you, but I can't type very well at all this evening, so I will ask them later ;)
  5. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Questions from Sheep

No problem Sheep...whenever you are ready to ask you can ask me in chat, on skype, in a PM here or e-mail them to me at: [email protected] ;)
  6. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

previous map

There was a previous map that some people had been using. That map was made long before our EscChat Song Contest and thus, is not included in this map. This map is for all contestants in our contest. For those of you that had countries on that old map, you are more than welcome to pick a new location on the current map for your country. A couple of people have already done so.
  7. CTP Jass hater

How bizarre, Nova Nova Scotia is my home state in real life... only upside down :P

Støkkanslåndet would like number 13 if possible, number 21 as a second preference please.
  8. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Chris!

I see you are 11 hours ahead of me here in Lisbon Portugal (Tasmania UTC +11, Lisbon UTC +0). Maybe if I can wake up at 11am here (10pm your time), we could meet in chat! :D

We'd love to get to know you in chat some time :)

Estêvao
  9. Madwolfy New Member

Could Novterbia have 11 please?
  10. Almila i am what i am

am i too late for a place at the coast?
  11. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Coastal countries still available...

Coastal countries still available...

East Coast: 4, 5 & 6
    South Coast: 18
    West Coast: 21
    North Coast: 19 & 20

You are more than welcome to any of these Almila :)
  12. Almila i am what i am

Thank u so much este!erm i kinda need ur help i prefer east coast first of all-continent reminds me of usa so ill go accordin to ny n texas haha-i cant c numbers clearly on mobile i can only say my wish pls u pick the available1.the blue at the east looks great is that available
  13. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Map...

Actually, it's a map of Australia flipped vertically...

There are two countries on the east coast...
    #3 is a dark blue. That is my country: Lusitânia
    #5 is bright blue. That is still available.

Shall I give you #5, the bright blue on the east coast? :D
  14. CTP Jass hater

Hmmm, I have been a bit of a forum lurker :P I've got some late nights coming up watching the Tour de France, so I might pop in sometime.

Information about my little country:

My country is extremely mountainous and cold, with plenty of snow and skiing! The mountainous terrain makes travel between here and number 12 (Furnyland) impossible via the ground. The country has a population of around 150,000 people, who are fiercely independent, with the majority living in the capital, Östlåndet (which we decided to pronounce oost-larn-det).
  15. Almila i am what i am

yes!!please este :D that would be great!!
  16. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

who wants to do me a favour?? i need a country to have a city/town/village named metaxashire. the ppl from metaxashire are the ones that came to fireflance a long time ago and established the city new metaxashire (our capital)... anyone interested?
  17. calrisle Scrutineer

I'll do that Kots :)

Davis Islanders are historically of Swedish and Scottish origin, so hopefully you don't mind your settlers coming from our background :):)
  18. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

oh!!! ty so much dave!!!
  19. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

updates

Ok....I just added Solico's country of Yehuda.

The island countries of San Minino, Davis Island, State of the Ark, MILKlands, and Lululand will be added in the next day or two. And since Arbana is located underwater, I'll show where it is approximately.

(And I hope everyone is finding the forums easier to search now) :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023