•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Greece 2017

1. Mina Member with a "past"

It seems that we're going to send Demy to Eurovision...with Kontopoulos and Evaggelinos (meaning our typical Sakis style). She's a pop singer, 26, very popular over here. She sings both in Greek and English. I'm not a fan of her music (I think she's talented, just not my style) and I'd have preferred something different but I'll wait for the song before I start complaining (not holding much hope with Kontopoulos involved, though). Apparently she will sing 3 (English) songs and, rumours say that the result will be 100% televoting.

Anyway this is one of her songs (surely, you recognize which song it is):

James and Anaconda like this.
  2. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

:( more popcorn pop from Greece, shame and yet more English
  3. Mina Member with a "past"

Lots of talk about Demy over here. People are expecting her to do very well, especially with Kontopoulos and Evaggelinos (anything under a top 10 or even a top 5 would be considered a failure).

I did some digging and found her singing my beloved 'Believe' with my beloved Dima <3 She doesn't have his voice or personality, of course, but I think she's doing a good job considering she was only 22 at the time...and I'm a bit more hopeful now...here she is.

4. Mina Member with a "past"

The songs are going to be released on 10th March, apparently. I don't know why it takes so long..as if Kontopoulos is going to write 3 mastepieces :rolleyes:
    sokrates1988 and Anaconda like this.
  5. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

3 duffers i imagine :(
  6. Julio STRANGLES

one of the Greek songs got leaked, This is Love click HERE to download in order to listen to it.
    Anaconda likes this.
  7. DenDutch Well-Known Member

8. Julio STRANGLES

And the prize for best lyrics of the year goes to.... ''This is love and rain falls from above''!
  9. DenDutch Well-Known Member

We'll have to say goodbye to our beloved line of "rain falls from above" in this revamp
    Teodor likes this.
  10. Teodor Moderator

Goodbye "rain falls from above" :xD:

P.S. Julio, the lyrics' change happened under your comments :D
  11. Mina Member with a "past"

Reaching out for the stars is also bad. Grrrrrrr
  12. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Used to be crap, now it's revamped crap. Lucky she's cute as pie.
  13. Pedro Member

Maybe my opinion will change with her live performance, but I quite didn't get the hype around her...
  14. James ... and his things xD

If it wasn't greece, their fatewould be obvious
  15. Mina Member with a "past"

I disagree and not because I'm Greek. This is certainly not the kind of pop music I like but it has its fans and even more so in a year with no outstanding dance songs .Especially when the staging/performance is good..and the staging of our acts is, usually, very good. It doesn't have to do with it coming from Greece but with the fact that Greece works hard on presentation. It would be great if we could send a good song, too, of course.

Some dance songs have to do well and they usually do. Unless you believe that Laura last year did well because the song was a masterpiece and not because of the performance.
  16. James ... and his things xD

The problem is that the Greek song is only outstanding in the category 'cheap'.
  17. Pedro Member

I believe they can get through with a good staging like Mina said, which they usually have.. But yeah, not outstanding at all. Cheap lyrics.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023