•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Guess the Final scoreboard for Baku

1. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

Hello everybody! :D This is Chapulhuacanito, in lovely Masiosare calling...

On this ocassion (and because it's already May, the ESC is less than 3 weeks away and we've already heard all songs several times) I'd like to propose a new game:

GUESS THE FINAL SCOREBOARD OF THE ESC 2012.

How to play? Quite simple: write down (and paste in this Forum thread) the 26 countries that YOU THINK will be in the Final IN THE ORDER YOU THINK they will end right after the Final on May 26th. Of course these 26 already include the Big5 + :az:... but you also have to include the 10 countries you believe that will qualify from each Semi-Final... and (of course) rank them all in the order YOU THINK they will end on May 26th.

How will the results be measured? The point-awarding method will be divided in 3 sections, according to both SF and the Final:
    1. At the end of the 1st. Semi-Final, 5 points will be awarded for each country correctly guessed into the Final. This gives a maximum of 50 points if someone correctly guesses all 10 qualifiers from SF1 and have them in their personal scoreboard.
    2. At the end of the 2nd. Semi-Final, 5 points will be awarded for each country correctly guessed into the Final. This gives a maximum of 50 points if someone correctly guesses all 10 qualifiers from SF1 and have them in their personal scoreboard. These points will be added to the points received from SF1 (which now gives a maximum of 100 points available). It is important to notice that, at this point in the game, no points are still awarded from the Big5 nor :az:.
    3. At the end of the Grand Final, 3 points will be awarded for each country correctly guessed in their final position. Also, 1 point will be awarded for each country guessed within ±1 place (higher or lower) from its final position. No points will be awarded for countries that differ ±2 places (higher or lower) or more from its final position. This gives a maximum of 78 points available during the Final if someone correctly ranks and guesses every country in the exact same order as in the Final of ESC 2012.
    (NOTE: if a player is awarded 3 points for correctly guessing a certain country (ANY COUNTRY... from the top of my head I'll write ANY country... :rolleyes: ...hmmm... for example, out of the blue, let's say SAN MARINO :xD:), it cannot receive any more points regarding that country's position in the Final. I believe this is kind of OBVIOUS, but let's just avoid confusions :P).

Points obtained during the Final will be added to the points obtained during the Semi-Finals; so the total points available is 178.

What if there's a tie? In the case of a tie in the total of points, the tie-breaking system will be as follow:
    1. Number of countries correctly guessed and ranked as in the Final (i.e. that were awarded 3 points).
    2. Number of countries guessed within ±1 place from their rank in the Final (i.e. that were awarded 1 point).
    3. Number of countries correctly guessed that qualified from the SF (i.e. that were awarded 5 points).
    4. If there's still a tie o_O then all players involved in the tie will be declared winners... and I'll simply run and buy a lottery ticket. <<
    When is the deadline? SUNDAY MAY 20th @ 23:59:59 JW's Time. Right after all countries had their 2 first rehearsals and before the dress rehearsals (in case you want to check the first rehearsals to rank your countries).

So... make up your mind, post your list of possible ranking and let us all know...
    ... how do you think the scoreboard will end in Baku?

:al: :de: :at: :az: :by: :be: :ba: :bg: :hr: :cy: :dk: :sk: :si: :es: :ee: :fi: :fr: :ge: :gr: :hu: :ie:
    :is: :il: :it: :lv: :lt: :mk: :mt: :md: :me: :no: :nl: :pt: :uk: :ro: :ru: :sm: :rs: :se: :ch: :tr: :ua:

... thank you and participate! :xD:
  2. James ... and his things xD

dont we have such game yet in the poll?
    Lilly.., Julio and Ljupco like this.
  3. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

but not as a contest, the poll only gives a common result, not individuals. I remember this was done in 2010, but in a different way: For each position wrong you had the amount of points of difference. Therefore the winner was the one with least number of points. For example: if you predict San Marino 4th in final and (suprisingly passing through) it was 25th in the final, you've earned 21 points (which is bad). Don't you like this more, pepito?
  4. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

If we post a top, can we change it as we want until 20th of May?
  5. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

This is too complicated for me.
  6. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

I had completely forgotten about that. WHY do you remember such small details? I actually organised it, didn't I? It was tied in with everyone's Poll 2010 predictions I think.
  7. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

i finished up 4th i think.
  8. bashers Oooooshhh!

Hmmm I shall wait to give my predictions LOL
  9. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Are you working out all the points Peps? Or do we have to work out our own? Tbh it's complicated even reading it let alone seeing how many points we've scored. But if all we have to do is come up with a list... ...
  10. Jonas Persson EURO NEURO

It wuld be fun to se all predictions from everybody :)
    pepepaez likes this.
  11. topditi-mix Member

Good action.. but when we should start write our prediction :rolleyes:,;
  12. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

Yes, Gianluca. You can post your prediction and change places until May 20th. After that date, I'll save the available predictions into my computer. So no one will change them. As it is on a Sunday, I'll have time to check all available predictions and confirm them with each player. :D
  13. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

Of course not, Lilly: just make your prediction with the 26 finalists in the order you believe they'll end in the Final. That's it. I'll take care of the points. :D
  14. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

Yes, Janet... I'll do all the point-counting. You just post your list of 26. :D
  15. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

You can start writing your predictions whenever you want. As I answered to Gianluca before, you can even modify them until May 20th at 23:59:59 jw's UK Time. :P After that, I'll save the available predictions and give the points as the SF and the Final results are known.
  16. Curtis Belgium is a non country.

bit awkward when nobody goes along with it... innit.
  17. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

Moldijan will be proud of participating...
    thank you for suggestions Masiosare.
  18. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

Only seven days left to submit your predictions for "Guess The Final Scoreboard for Baku"... make up your mind, make your prediction and paste in the Forum! ^_^
  19. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

1.Cipro
    2.Romania
    3.Macedonia
    4.Italia
    5.Lettonia
    6.Norvegia
    7.Bosnia
    8.Olanda
    9.Azerbaijan
    10.Svezia
    11.Serbia
    12.Spagna
    13.Grecia
    14.Serbia
    15.Islanda
    16.Moldova
    17.France
    18.Germany
    19.Bielorussia
    20.Danimarca
    21.Slovenia
    22.Regno Unito
    23.Belgio
    24.Svizzera
    25.Finlandia
    26.San Marino
    27.Portogallo
    28.Russia
    29.Croatia
    30.Austria
    31.Lituania
    32.Bulgaria
    33.Slovacchia
    34.Israele
    35.Ucraina
    36.Estonia
    37.Ungheria
    38.Malta
    39.Irlanda
    40.Albania
    41.Georgia
    42.Montenegro
    pepepaez likes this.
  20. mrvirgo Active Member

?:rolleyes:
    pepepaez likes this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023