•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Holland 2014

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

2. Mina Member with a "past"

I just read that this is not the song. Too bad as it sounds good.
    Loukas likes this.
  3. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

It indeed isn't. This radio DJ made a joke. He now said after Ilse said it was a 'nice try, but not their song'. We'll hear the acoustic version tonight.
  4. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

5. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

6. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

What a strange song. And couldn't you just slap the prat in the hat o_O
    jw likes this.
  7. Julio STRANGLES

8. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

so dull
  9. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

It's an Emma case. I love Ilse DeLange, but why did she bring him? The song is underwhelming, but I still don't hate it...
  10. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I still really can't make my mind up about this. It's almost ethereal, but so much better if you only listen to it.

As many of you know I cannot be doing with a woman with an acoustic guitar; it just looks all wrong, and I could seriously smack him round the head with his guitar - stop waving the bloody thing around! I think it will also depend on how much of a false Southern drawl she puts on when she sings it (not much of one I hope).

I think I could really really like this, but somehow I don't think I will.
  11. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

I COMPLETELY agree Janet - it's almost as if there's enough there for me to really like it but at the same time - there's something missing. I feel the song would be better with just Ilse. But at the same time, it needs some sort of male voice to contrast with hers. It's all very 50-50 with me.
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

As many of you know, I'm no fan of Waylon. The fact he has Ilse with him saves his ass for me, but he is such an arrogant twat. Here's what he said about the contest:

13. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

there's a secondhand Paul Potts and a bad imitation of Bruno Mars

Hahaha! He's not wrong though.
    Code9189 and Rua like this.
  14. nara New Member

OMG!!!! HE is paul potts :o lol
  15. Martin New Member

I think it is a shame that he holds this opinion. still it is ability that counts and as a pseudo American I love the common linnets. best to all
  16. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Anti-Waylon rant: Part 2

The twat is at it again. He has now, pretty much, left The Common Linnets. He will do the concert on 21 June and that's that. He wanted more creative control and says there was a conflict of 'emotional commitment to a solid formation' between the two. Fact is that Ilse has said she wants to keep working with Jake Etheridge, JB Meijers, Daniël Lohues and Rob & Matthew Crosby - because that's what The Common Linnets is. Waylon couldn't agree to that and wanted more credits. That's where the issue is.
    The Common Linnets will continue, but without twatface. Twatface will release an album in September, which will hopefully flop. Respect to Ilse for telling this arrogant twat off.
    Code9189, Scheeples and Jonny like this.
  17. Mina Member with a "past"

This is sad. I loved those 2 together:'(
    Code9189 likes this.
  18. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

GOD he comes across as such a self-absorbed cunt. In particular, when he decided to call Axel a 'second rate Paul Potts', despite personally having consciously constructed his entire professional image around a dead American country singer, he entered a whole new level of try-hard douchebaggery.

I'm glad to hear that this pillock is thoroughly disposable.
    Scheeples likes this.
  19. What a COW he is.

But seriously, I am so gutted for Ilse :( the level of sheer idiocy it has taken him to turn his back on something this successful is mind-boggling. Hopefully he can be replaced and forgotten ASAP, "Calm After the Storm" was even playlisted on BBC Radio 2 yesterday! http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist#b
  20. Code9189 And There's a Noisy Storm Outside me...

Hope Anouk joins Ilse to create the Uncommon Linnets

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023