•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

It's about Kosovo

1. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

ATTENTION! I had no idea where to post this and I ended up posting it in OFF TOPICS but it has to do with eurovision .
    So RTK ( Radio Television of Kosovo) will broadcast the THREE eurovision shows LIVE!
    And they're looking for technical modalities so us- Kosovar eurovision fans CAN VOTE TOO! ( probably as a part of Albania ) and Kosovo will compete in Eurovision Young Dancers competition , as the membership application is accepted , after those steps , Kosovo will probably join ESC next year.

Souce : RTKlive.com post

[IMG]
  2. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Am a bit worried about RTK when I see this:
    http://www.ebu.ch/news/press_archive/press_breves_2003_112_kosovo.php?display=EN

seems liked RTK might cease to exist soon,,,

Also, this contest might be the Eurovision Young Dancers competition. It's not the Eurovision Dance Contest as I'm pretty sure that has been permanently cancelled due to lack of interest. Even their official site has been removed.
  3. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

That was an update of 2003 , wasn't it ? We here in Kosovo would have heard if RTK was in such a bad situation , they're having their best time now and yes my bad , sorry its EUROVISION YOUNG DANCERS competition .
  4. CTP Jass hater

I seriously doubt RTK is going anywhere - including to Eurovision, for the time being at least. I suspect there'd be quite a few protests. Then again, humankind may pull a surprise and everyone might get along with each other for 3 nights a year...
  5. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I don't see Kosovo joining, tbh. Just looking at the countries who do not recognize Kosovo as independent, we see Spain. Spain is ofc one of the Big 5, so I don't think EBU would go with a participation.
    However, if Spain accepts a participation, then I see an Israel-Lebanon/Tunisia situation coming up. Serbia will not participate if Kosovo participates and the other way around, I think.
  6. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I remember reading somewhere that if Kosovo were allowed to take part, Serbia would withdraw, and whether you agree with it or not, I imagine the EBU would put Serbia before Kosovo.

I think it'd be nice to see them take part, but as has already been said, I can't really see it happening for a while yet.
  7. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

I'm still waiting to see any EBU-official confirmation of Kosovo taking part in anything EBU-related as a full member.

This is the official Eurovision Young Dancers website: http://www.eurovisiontv.com/en/eurovisiontv/music_dance/eurovision_young_dancers.php

The participating broadcasters listed are:
    NRK (Norway), WDR (Germany), SVT (Sweden), NPS (Holland), HRT (Croatia), ERT (Greece), RTVSLO (Slovenia), RTP (Portugal), and TVP (Poland)

I've yet to see RTK added to that list from an official source. Also, the website states "The competition is open to solo dancers aged between 15 and 20, representing EBU Members."

As much as I support Kosovo in their struggle for international recognition, I would find it unfair for them to be allowed to take part if they are not an EBU member. Then we might see applications from other non EBU-members: Canada, USA, Australia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Chechnya, Euskadi...
  8. Bosnian_Serb New Member

Kosovo cant participate cause 1.lot of countries dont support that
    2.its not member of EBU,and it wont be until Serbia recognized it,which will happen never
  9. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

As a matter of fact...Kosovo HAS been given permission to enter the Eurovision Young Dancers competition, and we WILL see the Kosovar flag there :D
    Lilly.. likes this.
  10. DJ Balkan Ramadanske♥

Kosovo is participating now Eurovision Young Dancers! :D

Dardania and Lilly.. like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023