•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Latvia 2019

1. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

After two semifinals held on 26 January and 2 February, Latvia will select its Eurovision 2019 representative in the final of the Supernova this Saturday, 16 February. I will try to post links to the broadcast and the exact time in a subsequent post in this thread.

Here are the 8 finalists (live performances from their respective semis):
    1. Markus RivaYou Make Me So Crazy
    2. Edgard Kreilis - Cherry Absinthe
    3. Aivo OskisSomebody’s Got My Lover
    4. Double Faced EelsFire
    5. Dziļi Violets feat. KozmensTautasdziesma [Folk Song]
    6. Laime PilnīgaAwe
    7. Samanta TīnaCutting The Wire
    8. CarouselThat Night

I wouldn’t say anything remarkable missed out on the final from the original line-up of 16, according to my taste, with the possible exception of Elza RozentāleYou Came On Tiptoe (if you really have a lot of time on your hands and want to have a listen). To my chagrin, nobody attempted to cut us down one by one by one by one.

From the finalists, some eternal returnees, like Markus Riva (6th consecutive attempt), Samanta Tīna (5th attempt in Latvia, and she also tried twice in Lithuania), and Edgars Kreilis (3rd consecutive attempt). Neither them, nor Supernova newcomers like Aivo Oskis, Laime Pilnīga, or Carousel do it for me. Double Faced Eels have a nice song though.

It’s no secret I am personally rooting for Dziļi Violets ft. Kozmens, as they are different and fresh and interesting, and Eurovision needs this kind of entries, and Kozmens (who is none other than the Riga Beaver!) clearly tries to emulate Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello <3.
    Rua likes this.
  2. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

One latvian song how nice of them :( sadly it wont stand a chance if they have got a international jury
  3. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

"combination of votes from a jury of music professionals and the Latvian public."- there's a chance, sok :up:
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  4. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

oh good news those international juries have already ruined Montenegro, come on the Kilts :)
    Anaconda likes this.
  5. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

I'm not particularly gone on most of these songs - Markus and Samanta should probably throw in the towel at this rate - I usually like Edgars but I think the song still sounds unfinished. Double Faced Eels missed a trick going with their Latvian version and Carousel just isn't my type of music (and it seems like it's the favourite of the Latvians which.. confuses me). Laime Pilnīga, I actually like his voice quite a lot and the song actually has a nice melody but it needs work.

Overall, not exactly shooting up my rankings but there's a few that could dodge the bottom two or three.
    Anaconda likes this.
  6. CTP Jass hater

I like Tautas dziesma. I'm sure Cutting The Wire would be Janet's favourite, and would probably have last place locked down if they chose it. Although maybe it'll get some votes for the backing singers boobs. The singer from Double Faced Eels looks like he's going to try and copy Alf Poier's signature crotch grab move as well.
    Anaconda likes this.
  7. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Oh, ye jest </
    Anaconda likes this.
  8. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

9. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Duo Carousel won the Latvian National Final Supernova last night, with their song called That Night:

See here for more details about how the winner was decided and how other finalists fared:

cats.jpg
  10. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :zzz:
    1 people like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023