•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

New Rules: Consultation #2

?

Would you like to set up the ECBU as outlined below?

Poll closed 15th July 2009.
Yes, I'd really like that. I'd like it a great deal. 6 vote(s) 100.0%
No, I honestly can't think of anything worse. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. calrisle Scrutineer

More consultation!

The ESCChat Broadcasting Union (ECBU)

This proposal asks members if they favour the setting up of a 'broadcasting union' to govern the contest and assist hosts and participants.

The basic role of the broadcasting union would be as follows:

• to make rules and help settle disputes
    • to provide a central web-based resource for statistics, country information, flags and other graphics which can assist hosts in staging the contest
    • to provide a central pool of talent where assistance can be given to hosts who struggle with graphics, video-making etc
    • to deliver sanctions to countries who break rules or don't play within the spirit of the rules (such sanctions would not be in any way involved with full participation in the site in general, and would apply only to the contest)

Part membership of the union would be granted automatically as a fully functioning member of escChat.com, but would only be extended to full membership once at least a country name and flag was submitted.

The executive or steering group of the broadcasting union would consist of the following:

• all current and future site administrators (currently jw and Ollie)
    • two moderators, on the executive for a term of 5 editions, on an alphabetical rotation by username
    • five members of the site, elected for a term of 5 editions using a forum poll

As the contest is now operated by the site, administrators would of course have the final say, but by opening up membership of the decision-making executive of the union to all members, hopefully we can all see democracy in action!

So, do you like the idea of a helpful and fair broadcasting union? Do you think the proposal will be a good addition to our contest? I personally think it's worth it for the flags and statistics website alone, but then I am of course a gigantic nerd.

Vote using the poll!
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

Since I'll be one of the hosts who will struggle with graphics etc (if I ever win of course:P), I definitely like this idea:D
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I like it :) I think the electing process could get a big complicated .. but I dont know how else could do it anyway! :P I think any way of making the contest fun, easier, and generally more friendly is an excellent idea :D
  4. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

i fully agree with this and the other thread - and although there are flaws to this one - they can easily be eradicated with time

for the non mods i think that the first 5 to come to either me or jw and explain that they wanna be a part of desicion making etc should be in it - otherwise it may seem like its a popularity contest

i dont fully agree with the admins having the final say and the only solution i could think is verrry complicated but ill go with it
    :P:D;):):o:rolleyes::cool: well done david
  5. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

By the way I was thinking, I think mods and normal members should be voted in on the same level. I mean that its a bit unfair that as a mod you're kinda guaranteed a position in the thingy, but if you're just a junior member the chances of getting in are alot slimmer.

Basically I think we should try and avoid segregation (I think thats too strong-er word but i'm not feeling intelligent lol!) if we can! :P

(But that Ollie & jw should definitely have guaranteed places because we need some stability and constant members at least! ;))

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023