•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Oh Thomas!

?

How do we solve a problem like Thomas?

Poll closed 1st October 2010.
Negotiate with him. 2 vote(s) 15.4%
Thomas the Wank Engine. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Let's put up with him. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ban Thomas. 5 vote(s) 38.5%
Do nothing. 6 vote(s) 46.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

[IMG]

I sense that our beloved old-timer Thomas is no longer happy when he visits the escChat website and chatroom. In fact, many escChatters - most of whom are especially kind and polite with Thomas - have noticed that whatever we do, he ends up even more upset as a result of his visits to escChat.com :( [©]. I don't know [©] for sure, but I'm fairly convinced that the site is bad for Thomas and he should leave like he always says he will do. At the same time, his depression can have a negative impact on the mood of other users and the image of the site.

It seems in a way, sort of inexplicable that Thomas would keep coming back.. however, as most of us in escChat are drug addicts, sex addicts, Juche-fanatics and Sheepaholics, we all understand why it could be that Thomas frequently returns. Maybe he is addicted to the escChat community. Maybe he is irrationally paranoid about how we respond when he leaves and needs to see what happened. Maybe he is glutton for his own perceived punishment or hungry for ESC news that he can get elsewhere. Either way we could help. Maybe by giving him a polite push or a ban we could make this poor orpheline's life that little bit better. He would no longer suffer the trauma of his escChat ordeal. It's the least we can do.

But I don't know [©] if I speak for everyone or even anyone else at all. So I have created a poll. Participation is graciously encouraged. The poll options are described below. [all © Thomas]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• * Negotiate with him: Even though trying to talk reasonably with Thomas has never worked in the past, I think that this post will make Thomas think about how his actions affect others and encourage him to be more positive.
    • * Thomas the Wank Engine: Thomas should stay!! I think his avatars are erotic and his moodiness turns me on!!
    • * Let's put up with him: I don't like Thomas at all but his rants amuse me and he is a constant source of amusement.
    • * Ban Thomas: I think Thomas would be happier and better off if he were not able to access escChat at all.
    • * Do nothing: Leave Thomas alone!! If he gets pleasure from feeling sorry for himself, who the hell are we to intervene!?

2. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

*Ooops.. double post* IGNORE THIS
  3. Eurovizz Member

Thomas hates me T_T'
  4. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

I think Thomas hates all of us T_T.
  5. Thomas Member

No, I don't hate anyone.
    No, I am not feeling sorry for myself. Can this topic be removed? Other members complained in the past about injection-related things as well and I was asking for injections not to occur so that members who aren't aware of the injection thing don't think I wrote those sentences. A ban is not a solution, it would add to the depression and strengthen some of my fears. Can't the account removal option be set for this site? I wrote "I'm leaving" in the same way as some people do. And it was meant like in Finnish, there are no verb sentences, a same sentence can be the past, the present or the future, following the context (or a rule like that).
  6. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

Thomas.. until you stop being so depressive and self-deprecating, I stand by my belief that it's better for you to be banned.
  7. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

To be honest, Dingo, I have no idea how to handle this Thomas-case. To me, it looks like he is just rude (just entering, leaving an essay and leaving) and I also think he hates us and I do think the image of the site doesn't get better with his behaviour, and I think that is very, very, very disrespectful to JW. JW puts a lot of work in this site, making everyone happy with having this site. And then Thomas comes in and gets us to make him the subject every time.

I am very sorry for Thomas' fears and I do hope that will improve in the future, but it is sure that he is not reasonable to us. So talking is definitely not an option. At first, his rants and essays were amusant, but for me, now it gets a little bit annoying.

Thomas, if you read this, I know what could help a bit for me: if you come and want to say something to us, say what you have to say and give us an oppurtunity to respond and don't leave immediately. That frustrates me the most.
  8. Thomas Member

nno I was not being rude, it's a self-defense mechanism because it is too dangerous staying when there are many people and it doesn't spoil jw's work, you don't need to accuse me without knowing me. I had also to edit posts if there were injections, and I came to the chat to ask for them not to occur and if it indirectly modifies the spirit of the chat as it was meant you can decide that I don't come, but I almost didn't come to the chat anymore so I wasn't spoiling the site but you don't need to put the blame on me cos you don't know me nor the whole case, and about talking, I wrote an essay today in the chat cos there were injections I had erased weeks ago but they were back again, so I had to erase them again
  9. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

FFS there is nothing dangerous to you or your privacy here!! If you think there is then you should get the f*ck off.. it's the only solution.
  10. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Ok Thomas, now it is q.f. enough for me. I want(ed) to help you at first, then I thought: Oh well, let him be who he wants to be. Then I thought: He is freaking annoying, but that is no reason to ban him. But now, you q.f. pissed me off. If you think it is dangerous here, get out.
    And you can say 'It was not rude' 1000 times, but that will never change my opinion. For us, you don't need some mechanism to protect yourself.
    And about your injections, who on earth is injecting you, in your opinion? Talk to that person yourself, don't start crying to others in essays.
    And to be honest, I don't want to know you if you keep behaving this rude to me, I am sorry.
  11. Thomas Member

I'm not being rude at all and I was talking quietly. Someone defending himself doesn't mean he's rude. If someone explains his opinion, it doesn't mean he is not respecting the other person's opinion. I don't know this site well, I remember people asking jw not to inject months ago but I cannot be sure as to whether some mods were given some powers like injecting and I don't want to accuse. No, I came back only as to the injection thing and you didn't need to talk as if I was spending much time in the chat. Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

So for the record (regulars are not concerned here), to the members who only visit the forum and/or come to the chat sometimes, and who know me from esctoday chat, for example: I am a normal polite person and you can notice that there's nothing making me rude and some people unconsciously interprete things as they aren't.
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Thomas, you are rude in my opinion. Maybe it's just my standards, or the way I have been raised.
    My parents taught me always to reply to questions if they are asked.
    I asked you a question, so could you please be so polite to answer it?
    Again, if you did not read the question: Who do you think is injecting you? And why don't you talk to that person 1-on-1?
  13. Thomas Member

I was only editing my post. I'm not rude.
  14. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

FOR THE ATTENTION OF MEMBERS WHO ONLY VISIT THE FORUM AND/OR COME TO THE CHAT SOMETIMES, AND WHO KNOW THOMAS FROM ESCTODAY CHAT, for example:

It is no coincidence that everyone (well I do not see anyone commenting otherwise) here feels distant and disillusioned about Thomas. We could never connect with him because he wouldn't allow it. We don't mind what he does elsewhere in other sites and chatrooms- good luck to him and everyone there. But here in escChat he is very private and in some ways rude.
  15. Thomas Member

FOR THE ATTENTION OF MEMBERS WHO ONLY VISIT THE FORUM AND/OR COME TO THE CHAT SOMETIMES, AND WHO KNOW THOMAS FROM ESCTODAY CHAT, for example:
    I wasn't rude since I was explaining partly why I was leaving the chat. I cannot manage many people reacting to my sayings so I need to leave it's not about rudeness.
  16. Dingo "Who's Online" page Fan#1

Why do you come here then if you can't manage many people reacting? More often than not there are more than two people in a chatroom or forum :P
  17. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Please, be a man of action and LEAVE already. You keep saying you will leave, but instead stay around tormenting others. Did you ride the short bus to school?

And for the record...

Your poll of who's better: Christina or Britney? is SHITE!
    Your proposal of including 9 & 11pts is DOUBLE SHITE!
  18. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

You are not rude? I wouldn't say that tbh.
    'Your opinion doesn't matter to me.'
    That is something I would never say and in my opinion you just crossed a line and it was very rude. For me, it is end of story with you. I do not wish to talk any more to you, and I am very sorry for that. But unfortunately, me and my mood are not willing to be ruined or depressed by your insults. That is also why I chose for the option Ban in the poll. I do not like to ban or tell people I do not want to talk to them, but for me, you crossed a line.
  19. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

You would earn my respect if you did what you have been saying since I can remember: I will leave and not come back.
    Do so.
    If you don't want to leave, fine, but then try to fit in with the rest: talk, be friendly, don't be rude, don't write essays...
    If you can't do that, then I will say once more: I will talk no longer to you.
  20. Thomas Member

you crossed the line before me that's the point. there is nothing rude about telling sb that you don't care about his opinion if you are sure that what he says is not true. and no, I didn't insult you, I was taking my defence and I stayed calm. if I don't feel respected it is normal for me not to care about sb's opinion, so don't claim something is an insult when it's not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023