•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Our Votes: Finland wins the 1st semi-final with 135 points!

?

Are you happy with the results?

Poll closed 11th May 2009.
YES! Very happy! :D 7 vote(s) 53.8%
Yes, quite happy! 1 vote(s) 7.7%
It's OK I suppose... 2 vote(s) 15.4%
I'm dissapointed... 1 vote(s) 7.7%
I HATE THE RESULTS!!! :( 2 vote(s) 15.4%
  1. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

Finland have claimed first place in our semi-final 1 voting with 135 points. The country - represented by Waldo's people with the dance song 'Lose Control' - received points from all but one voter as well as earning six sets of twelve points.

Out of the 18 participating countries, only 10 could pass through to the final and thanks to your votes, the following 10 countries qualified (with points);

Finland 135
    Sweden 116
    Switzerland 105
    Bosnia & Herzegovina 99
    Portugal 74
    Iceland 73
    Malta 62
    Turkey 62
    Andorra 49
    Romania 48

Download the NEW scoreboard here! :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/22219489...Scoreboard.doc

ANALYSIS

• Only 7 countries received sets of 12 points - Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Bosnia Herzegovina, Portugal, Iceland & Malta.
    • Finland received the most sets of 12 points - 6 in total.
    • Nobody received points from every voter - the closest were Finland and Switzerland, who received points from 16/17 voters.
    • Both Malta and Turkey & Romania and Armenia drew on points - Romania qualified, however, as it received more votes. Malta also received more votes, therefore finished ahead of Turkey in 7th position.
    • All Brits, apart from Mark, gave their 12 points to either Sweden or Finland.
    • There is evidence of diaspora voting - Alison gave 12 to Malta & Patte gave 12 to Sweden.
    If you spot anything else interesting, please post!

2. Mark New Member

Where is israel !?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  3. Mina Member with a "past"

Gooooooooooooo Waldo!!!!!!!
    I am thrilled with the results (if only the same thing happens on May 12!) and all the countries I gave high points to made it to the final:D
  4. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I am verrryyyy happy :D In fact if I remember rightly, I voted for 9 of the 10 qualifiers, but i'm not sure ;)
  5. Aaron N Moof master

sweden and andorra went though!!!!! yayayayayayayayayyay i'd be quite happy with these scores in may!!!
  6. OMG Armenia didn't make it :( and who the hell voted for "The Balkan Sluts"!? Meh, 8 out of 10 ain't bad :D and I'm happy for Sweden. But Stew, was it a good idea to tell everyone Finland's score/position?
  7. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

8. Kevin New Member

How can that minging Bosnian song make it :(
    and sweden 2nd wtf? portugal is boring too
    israel and bulgaria are way better, as is montenegro
  9. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

Well, it's done now :D lol
  10. Kevin New Member

i liked the balkan sluts :P
  11. MILKshake  

rofl just rofl @ disapora votes :D

but finally enough Malta made it xD

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023