•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Portugal 2015

1. Julio STRANGLES

This year we will use the usual FDC method selection, there will be 12 songs taking part on the national final.
    All of them will be in Portuguese and so will be the singers/composers.
    There will be 2 semi finals and 1 final each semi final will have six songs from which 3 will go into the final.
    The top 2 songs from televote will go directly to the final, the third qualifier will be selected by the jury which will consist on the composers of the songs taking part on the semi (they cannot vote on their own song).
    On the final the top 2 songs on televote will go into a super final together with a third song selected by the jury. The one of those 3 that will win televote will go to ESC.
    Jonny likes this.
  2. Julio STRANGLES

Here are the singers/composers many familliar faces even old ones, I mean really old names :P

Semi final 1

Rita Seidi (composer Sara Tavares) - Lisboa, Lisboa (Lisbon, Lisbon)
    The Voice contestant, as for the composer she represented us in ESC 1994

Leonor Andrade (composer Miguel Gameiro) - Há Um Mar Que Nos Separa (There Is A Sea Between Us)
    The Voice contestant, composer wrote for many singers such as Mariza, Simone de Oliveira etc.

Filipa Batista (composer Augusto Madureira) - A Noite Inteira (All Night Long)
    The voice contestant, as for the composer he wrote the 2010 song for Filipa Azevedo

Yola Dinis (composer Nuno Feist) - Outra Vez Primavera (Once Again Spring)
    She is a fado singer, he composer several fdc songs over the years

Goncalo Tavares (composer Goncalo Tavares) - Tu Tens Uma Magia (You Have Magic)
    No idea who he is.

Adelaide Ferreira (composer Adelaide Ferreira) - Paz (Peace)
    She represented us in 1985

Semi final 2

Rubi Machado (composer Sebastiao Antunes) - Quando A Lua Volta A Passar (When The Moon Goes By)
    She is a luso-indian singer no idea who she is to be honest.

José Freitas (composer Diogo Churky) - Mal Menor (Less Bad)
    x-facor contestant

Teresa Radamanto (composer Fernando Abrantes) - Um Fado Em Viena (A Fado in Vienna)
    Took part in FDC 98 and 07 both times came second

Simone de Oliveira (composer Renato Júnior) - Á Espera Das Cancoes (Waiting For The Songs)
    Well I don't think she needs any introduction, represented us in ESC 1965 and 1969 and even with 77yo she doesn't seem to want to stop. Composer wrote some songs for fdc in the past as well for Simone.

Filipe Goncalves (composer Héber Marques) - Danca Joana (Dance Joana)
    Took part on a show in here called Operacao Triunfo, the composer wrote some of Rita Guerra songs.

Diana Piedade (composer Carlos Massa) - Maldito Tempo (Damn Time)
    She was the runner up of the 1st Idols series

Rua and NickEmpel like this.
  3. Julio STRANGLES

My favourites from what I know them are Teresa Radamanto and Diana Piedade, specially the latter.
  4. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I don't know most of these well enough to judge already, but I'm curious how Simone's song is going to sound. She's 77, what's she thinking? :D
  5. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

6. cathal I'm actually Johnny Logan

I respect the fact that Portugal always stick to Portuguese no matter what! its a beautiful language but if they want to win Eurovision or even do well they need to get away from the extreme cultural stuff. take a page out of Turkey or Greece's book and combine cultural with a fun/attractive son, last year was good progress hopefully it shall take the next step

Good Luck Portugal :) :pt:
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

But :pt:'s best result in the modern era was in 2008, in which they sent a massive ballad sung in Portuguese, i.e. the exact antithesis of the disposable ethno-pop that has become synonymous with Greece and Turkey.
    DenDutch likes this.
  8. cathal I'm actually Johnny Logan

that was an exception, that was better than anything they had ever sent in recent times, nothing they have sent before or since can match it IMO, but this year based on there semi they will need to send something of the same quality as 08 if they want any hope of making the final, they only have 1 known friend in Switzerland (and there not a very reliable one).
  9. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

It wasn't the only massive aspect of the Portuguese 2008 entry, AMMIRITE?

On the note of that: how was it 2nd in the semi final and then 13th in the final? I CALL SHENANIGANS.
  10. Julio STRANGLES

no offence like, but I seriously rather have us singing in Portuguese with a ballad or folk or whatever that represents us and do badly than having to send something as cheap as secret combination (Greece 08) or dum tek tek (Turkey 09) that I personally find extremely cheap and crap.
  11. Julio STRANGLES

p.s. don't get me started with the vocals of the songs I mentioned above :P
  12. cathal I'm actually Johnny Logan

i understand what you mean and i am in the same boat as you, what i mean is send something cultural without it being cheap or crap e.g what greece did in 2010
  13. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Obviously the juries are not appreciative of the LARGER LADY. :nope:
  14. Julio STRANGLES

There was no jury :baby: which is probably why tbh
    Rua and Jonny like this.
  15. Julio STRANGLES

16. Julio STRANGLES

17. Julio STRANGLES

18. Julio STRANGLES

19. Julio STRANGLES

jw likes this.
  20. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Portugal made the right choice :yeah:
    (unlike the BBC)
    adamacs, ThatWelshOne and Julio like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023