•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Promos!

1. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Indeed :D:D:D
  2. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Could it just post the titles and not the countries (y'know make the contest anonymous)? :P

P.S. Thomas says 9 and 11 points. just saying.
  3. Mina Member with a "past"

I had said the same thing a looooooooooong time ago. I think it would make the contest more interesting :D
  4. Kiewen New Member

ok, so, after trawling through 4 pages of this, it seems that a return to the previous system (6 and before) is on the cards?

tbh, it was always going to be the case when jw stopped producing the shows, because frankly, the vast majority of us have no idea of how to do that kind of thing, and will only be able to use scorewiz! So, jws idea of the automated show does seem like a good idea, just with individual logos etc, like editions 6 previous had! That way, we can keep the high standard of shows, and still make it vaguely personal.

The only problem with that, which i think someone else raised, what happens when we get to 40+ members etc.... if left to a machine could we have endless numbers of people? Or could people be left out of the contest due to a cap on participants, etc. although tbh, im sure jw will have or can create some sort of algorithm to stop that from happening!

It would also be nice to see Luis/Mina's idea of just knowing what the song is, that way, you can still have the host, because then we are forced into trusting each other! Could it not be possible also, as i think was earlier suggested for the votes to only be revealed to the host once everyone has voted, with the votes then being somehow recorded :)p) so that it would be evident if there has been any tampering?

It looks like we all have some great ideas for how we see the contest, and what we would like to do with it, which is great, which could even bring us back into discussing the golden rule idea! Which, even if we did have an automated contest, would still make it personal!

OK, so I think I'm done now! :D
  5. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

I think we'd still need to keep the splatter based logo because the player only accepts splattered country logos and it's too much hassle to change that.. but the other aspects would be able to be personalised if that's the route we go down. I wouldn't say it's like #1 to #6 again because there would still be the player, the voting page and a form of video based show at the end (i.e. not scorewiz). :P

I don't think anonymous songs would ever work because someone would inevitably tell someone via PM what their song is and so on. Nice idea in theory but almost certainly wouldn't work in practise.

Regarding the golden rule, that could pave the way for themed contests which I'm dead against. I don't think the type of song that anyone can submit should be restricted in any way, which is essentially what the golden rule would inevitably result in. Just my opinion.

Lastly - yes it's possible to make it so the results are not disclosed to the host until the end of the voting window. They'd be recorded and could be double checked against any final published results to ensure no tampering, if we kept the host. :)
  6. Kiewen New Member

So, can it be that for the people that don't have the skills to use scorewiz, so myself included, can use the automated system, whilst adding banners, etc to make it personal, but then others, who do want to have a go, can do so, but with the locked and recorded voting, so that we are forced into trust, and the people that want to make shows can go ahead and do it!

(and i do agree about the golden rule, and the not knowing songs, they are both idealistic, and work in principle, not in practice) (Y)
  7. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

It could probably be made to work that way, yes. :)
  8. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Just one anonymous contest, pretty please :D :P

P.S. I have an afternoon job now so I might not get to chat with you guys as much :(
  9. CTP Jass hater

Ok, no matter how automated the system might become, it still relies on the fact the creator of it doesn't cheat. Seeing as the creator is in all likelihood jw, we still have to trust him (which I do). Sounds like a lot of work to get right back to where we are. There is no perfect system. Whether its the vote collator/host or trusting the other contestants to vote for the song they like and no other reason.

Anonymous songs would be interesting, however as others have pointed out, unlikely to really work. Some form of automatic generation of results shows if it could ever be achieved would be good for those of us without the time or technical knowledge, I don't know how feasible that might be, and how people could put a personal touch on things, but a nice idea at least.
  10. Mina Member with a "past"

Hmmmmm it was never a question of whether we trust jw or not. This is his site and it goes without saying that if someone doesn't trust him, why are they here in the first place?
    The whole conversation was about hosts in general, not about jw..it just happened that he is the host of the current contest :rolleyes:
  11. CTP Jass hater

Well, if the current voting system stays in place, set it up so the host does not have access to the results, but jw, or someone else who is trusted, would have access to it, and can simply pass on the end result to the host and they can deal with the results shows. They wont be able to change their votes then because obviously jw (or whoever) will have already seen the votes and know if they have been tampered with.
  12. MILKshake  

let's bring Thomas rule of 9 and 11 points in our votes at least for one edition :P
  13. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

I'm with Milky. :)
  14. Alex Identified Flying Object

I agree with Vince ofc :D:D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023