•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Proposals! (not marriage ones though!)

1. Eurovizz Member

I think it's only La Mark who's unhappy here :P
  2. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

<gasps> b.i.t.c.h LMFAO atm i think we have 20 countries anyway.
    jonny ofc it wont upset you, your not hosting.... poor poor kots :(
    thinking about it a genre theme would be a bit dodgy as some poeple dont listen to rock, power ballads etc, but they can always withdraw for an edition but i think for a theme edition the rules need to be changed slightly eg for rock "up to 3 songs from a NF is allowed providing they didnt get in the top 3 and they didnt chart" just to make it fair to those who havent got a clue on those genres.
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Yeah I see what you mean with the genre's thing. Cos for example if we had to chose .. RnB songs I would be a bit clueless etc.
  4. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

mabye we should do language? we know LOADS of english songs ofc, but if we pick an area of languages eg the hellanics then greek stuff etc - then again that couldnt last for long either as we only know so many songs in non english that is non esc....
    scrap the theme ideas.... btw this would be easier to talk on the chat imo
  5. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

we could do a completly random thing like each of us send a video we find funny and do like a special comedy edition - that would be interesting and original
  6. Eurovizz Member

Do we have to make rules on which song genres/language each participating members should send? Hexelbourg wants to send whatever songs it feels most comfortable with to send! If not..... you know
  7. I totally agree Eurovizz :)
  8. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

lol yeah we don't have to use that rule at all obviously :P I mean if we're having two contests a month, we could have one themed and one not .. or is that getting a bit complicated I don't know :S Obviously we should just do whatever is the most popular, so if people don't want themed contests, we shouldn't do them :)
  9. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

it was only a suggestion - sorry if you didnt like it :o
  10. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I like it :D I think on the whole it is well appreciated, but obv we should hold a poll or something about a few of these ideas to see that the most popular option is chosen :)
  11. CTP Jass hater

I'm happy with most suggestions made, especially the regular dates. I guess a website for the contest might be nice, but that will also take up time to update and produce successfully, but if there are people willing/able to do it, then it would be a nice addition.

I'm very strongly against themes - I feel everyone should be free to send what they want, and I also don't like the idea of banning songs that have entered the UK charts outright - maybe the top 5 or top 10, if we have to have such a rule. If we do have any themes, I think they should be once or twice a year, and be totally separate special events.
  12. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I disagree with the themes idea, altho I do think it would be cool to persuade people to use non-English language songs more often.

:( I'm going on holiday ON 15th June. Does that mean I will miss a contest indefinitely? I DON'T WANNA! :D
  13. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

i really liked the idea of bringing back the website... now that i read all those comments i dont like the idea of themed contests either... some people might be clueless about a genre and the variety of the songs was (and is) an advantage of this contest... about the top 40 i think that's just too much! maybe top 20 will be enough!

and another thing: do you thing we should have the fixed dates of 1st and 15th of every month from this edition?? that would mean that this contest will last for 3 weeks though (ending on the 14th of June)... would someone have a problem with that? (i know i don't...)
  14. Kevin New Member

Thats what i would be concerned about too. I think its better the schedule works around the hosts & competiors, rather than the hosts & competitors workign around the dates. For instance what if the host has an overload of work and wishes to delay the contest for a few days? etc
  15. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I am also starting to go off the idea of themed contests after reading the comments .. it seems more difficult now :P About the dates, Kevin has a point in saying that them being so rigid could be difficult for the host on occasions, but maybe we should just cross that bridge when we get there :)
  16. Mark New Member

Well you certainly didn't cross that bridge when I was away - pfft.
  17. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

What do you mean by that? :S

EDIT: Ohhh I get it now. Well why would we have waited for you to come back? If we stopped the contest everytime somebody wasn't here we'd never get it done. Besides you only missed one edition, its hardly a big deal and if I missed a contest, or 2, or 3 I really wouldn't be that bothered. And if you're withdrawing anyway .. whats the big deal? :P
  18. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

we were bored on our holiday jeez
    not all of us can dissapear on holiday for a week so dont look down on us when we do something without you when your not even in the country...
  19. Mark New Member

I stated many times that I would be away for a week, yes only 1 week, it wasn't like I went to Australia for 6 months !! and the 2nd contest wasn't even finished when I went, but you managed to fit one contest in and start another one, in 1 week. Surely you could find something else to do with your time to stop you getting bored.

I can understand if you did that during the 6 weeks holiday's because everyone will be going away at different times... but in for 1 week, which is not a lot at all.
  20. Mark New Member

I wouldn't have withdrawn, if I didn't miss an edition ...

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023