•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Rehearsals

1. Kevin New Member

Here is the opinion of the king

Montenegro - hmmm its a bit dull on that big stage. Very empty. Unless that man goes topless like the one in the video, it will easily be forgotten. Plus the vocals are a bit weak. May not qualify - might get forgotten

Czech Republic - Its ok, but the song is so schieße, that whatever they do will seem boring. The lead singer doesnt play to the camera well, and he just runs around. Its rather boring, but a memorable performance. May not qualify - song is too bad, and Belgium is better

Belgium - Although i'dve like to see the cat, the song is alright, and the Elvis thing is funny - again memorable. The only thing is, he has a large microphone on his face, which is easily seen. It ends up looking stupid whern hes supposed to sing to an old fashioned mic. May qualify - everyone likes a joke

Belarus - Although i find the song rather boring, the perfoamce was the eset so far. The woman in the Tesco bag was memorable, and i have to say i enjoyed it. Although at times it is hard to see his face. - Will qualify - the Ghost of Tescos makes it good

Sweden - Almost as boring as Czechia, The song is rather boring, and the staging is identical to MF. Which everyone knows is boring, as everyone has seen it before (its the preview video don't forget ;)) Didn't they learn from Kitty last year :S Looks rather empty on stage, and what happened to the narnia theme? Will miss out on qualification, and rightfully so :D

Armenia - Now this is the best so far :D The staging is great. The dancers and props, and the spinny thing is great. A sure qualifier

Andorra - The song is rather boring, but at least the vocals seem good. The perfomance was average, may be forgotten. As it is Andorra, i doubt it will qualify, but theres always hope.
  2. Aaron N Moof master

Andorra

yayayayayayaya!! i really think andorra could do it this year!!! :D:D
    i looved it!!
  3. Montenegro
    Crap vocals and rather...I don't know how to explain it...rather anonymous. It just comes and goes and washes over you.

Czech Republic
    Impressive but messy, very VERY messy. I like the graphics but that's where the 'liking' stops.

Belarus
    I have to say, I quite like this :D there's some good vocals and the dancer looks like me trying to get out of bed in the morning.

Belgium
    What a fucking surprise. No 'le chat' in sight - now will people pull their heads out of the sand and realise that this is just one big slap in the face to one of the greatest musicians of all time??!?!?!?!
  4. Sweden
    ...wtf, WTF?!?! OMG, I am so unimpressed...get me Christer Björkman now!!!
    (1) Malena was off key (possibly saving her voice?) AND she forgot some lyrics
    (2) The backing singers pop-vocals are weak compared to Malena's opera + their outfits are dull
    (3) The graphics are too monochromatic and they're the same as the ones in bloody MF!!! But apparently, the 'new' ones aren't ready yet...
    (4) Seeing as how they couldn't be bothered to change the performance they've made it worse by getting rid of the 'glowy' bit during the middle eight
    (5) No fireworks, no plateau, no lasers, no nothing. It's just the same thing all the way through...

WTF Sweden, this is not how you win!!! Get it together!

In consolation, Malena looks beautiful, and well, it's still the same song :D
  5. Armenia
    Now this I like! I told everyone back in February when the sisters were selected that ARMTV would make sure the performance was top-notch and lo and behold it is. Great colouring, great energy, loving the dancers AND the lasers, if there was one thing bad about it, the sisters were a bit out of sync with each other but then again, t'is only a rehearsal :D

A definite qualifier for sure, and what makes it even better is I loved this song from the beginning (when nearly everyone else were being all high and mighty), I had complete faith in Armenia and now they are going to kick some ass!!! JAN JAN!!!

Andorra
    Bless 'em, they do try...the lighting is too chaotic, I'm not impressed by the vocals or the staging and I had reservations about the suitability of this song from the beginning. I like it, but ain't no way we're seeing it again on the 16th :P
  6. Thanks for the link Jonny. It made it so much easier for me to find the rehearsal videos. I still haven't found the Belgian one though and I'm dying to watch it :D

Belarus was just as great as I expected. I love that guy :P

I think this is the first time I hear Susanne live. hmm ....

Euro Sheep, now you scare me :o
  7. Kevin New Member

Switzerland - Not the best perfomace (same with Andorra), but what do you expect with a band like this? The vocals are better than the last two Swiss entries, but it feels like its lacking something. Love the backdrop though :D really sums up Switzerland. Maybe not a qualifier :(
  8. Mark New Member

Switzerland: I love the backdrop :D:D I think it will be better with a crowd and on tv, it just looks a bit empty atm... the vocals are good.
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Switzerland: Really really good :D The vocals were great, the backdrop was superb, I can see them qualifying now! :)

Turkey: Oh dear! Hadise is singing like she wants to punch somebody and it doesn't sound good! The dance routine isn't bad but the whole thing is a bit underwhelming and vocally it is lacking :S The most dissapointing rehearsal of the day for me.
  10. Mark New Member

Turkey: A lot weak than I expected. The one man dancing with 3 girls look totally out of place, it should be 4 girls. With him in the background out of the way, the backdrop is quite boring, the dance routine is boring, the singing is better than I expected, but very average - however it could get a good result ...

Overall
    1. Armenia
    2. Belgium
    3. Switzerland
    4. Belarus
    5. Turkey
    6. Czech Republic
    7. Montenegro
    8. Sweden
    9. Andorra
  11. Kevin New Member

Now ive seen more of the swiss song on tv, it looks beter

Turkey - I knew it, a slightly better than average song, with awful vocals. They try to cover it up with fireworks, but like Czechia 08, you can still hear them :o Will qualify, but totally undeserved. This girl is scheiße!
  12. Kevin New Member

Overall on perfomances:

1 - Armenia
    2 - Belarus
    3 - Switzerland
    4 - Montenegro
    5 - Andorra
    6 - Belgium (I'm waiting for Le Chat)
    7 - Sweden
    8 - Turkey
    9 - Czech Republic
  13. Now I start scaring you? :D even after my non-stop CnB rant for 5 months!? Anyway, I only criticize because I love Sweden and want Malena to win!!!

Switzerland
    The vocals are strong, I'm loving the LED projections BUT the staging is rather lacklustre and the lighting is very poor considering what we were treated to in the preview video...in other words, I want some lasers!!! :D

Turkey
    I'm surprised! It wasn't that spectacular. For an ethno-entry is was rather boring. I can remember being blown away by Sirusho but this left me feeling cold. Nice graphics, but Hadise sounds permanently pissed off and she gives the vocal a bit too much 'attitude'

And that is all for today - Hadise was last on stage so let the spectacle continue tomorrow :)
  14. LOL Euro Sheep, I know :D I partly agree with you. Those backing singers/dancers were boring to look at. I hope their routine will improve.

SWITZERLAND was great. I love the song and I hope and pray that they will qualify :P

TURKEY was a great disappointment to me :S
  15. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

NEWS JUST IN: Susanna Georgi has head chopped off by Andorran flag.

[IMG]
  16. Mark New Member

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL !! What a really shiny flag !! :D
  17. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Israel: Alot better than I expected. The lighting really suits the song and it all reminds me alot of Israel 2005. Maybe it'll do what Denmark did in 2005 ... in that its not a showy or flashy song, but its simple and appeals to alot of people, so maybe it'll do better than we all seem to think :)

Bulgara: This is DEFO gonna be in the final and it could easily be a dark horse to win. The vocals are alot stronger than they were before, especially seeing as it looks like they've taken alot of the work off Krassimir buy giving him 3 really great backing vocalists. I'm not a fan of the stage performance, cos I find the stilt people a bit random and they sort of look like they just wandered on stage. I think it would have been better just to have a troupe of 5 backing dancers/singers and give it a kick-ass routine! But overall I think its looking great for Bulgaria! :)

Iceland: Not bad. The lighting is very good, especially the ships I love them! The vocals seem strong but maybe at the end if sounds as if Johanna is shouting a bit, i'm not sure. The trouble is, i'm thinking this may well get forgotten. Coming right after Bulgaria its difficult for any song to stand out, especially a ballad like this. Maybe it'll be the jury choice, but I think its looking increasingly unlikely Iceland will qualify

FYROM: Quite good. I'm not a fan of the lighting, I think it'd be better if the stage stayed the same colour throughout the entire song rather than having a rainbow type effect. The vocals weren't bad, I think it will look alot better with all the camera moves and everything, and I think it'll qualify given how catchy and memorable the song is :) Performing the song at least partially in english would help too I think.
  18. Kevin New Member

Israel - They really do harmonise well, but the acoustic version seems too shouty. The music was better in the nf. The imagery and stage performance are good though. Not sure if it will qualify. I think it will just make it

Bulgaria - Sounds way better than i expected. I like the stage arangement, and comapred to Sweden, i much prefer this. I can see it qualifying.

Iceland - I just love it! Her voice is amazing, the stage looks amazing, Everything is amazing. Definately to the final.

Macedonia - I don't think it will go anywhere, its alright, but not amazing. The vocals aren't great, but the music sounds better.
  19. hadiserocks New Member

hadise is going to win

i think you are a jealous person because this is the first reharsels. HAdise is preparing she isnt showing her best. she is saving it for the finals as a huge surprise because i have seen her sing live and she is great
  20. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

I hope she improves because if Hadise doesn't and people still praise her...abilities *rolls eyes*

Apparently being a fan can make ya tone deaf :P

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023