•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

the logo war

1. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

Dear ESCChatters,

On behalf of the ESCBU, I have the honour to announce the beginning of the Contest to decide the logo of our ESCChat Song Contest and of ESCBU.

Interested designers can submit their entries by replying to this thread by this Wednesday (08/07/2009).

Here are some guidelines:
    • Any designer can enter with as many logos as they like.
    • The logo of the ESCChat Song Contest has to contain the text "ESCChat Song Contest", enough space to write the host city/country and the edition of the contest and a specific place for the flag of the host.
    • The logo of the ESCBU must contain the text "ESCBU"
    • There should be an example of your logo for the ESCChat Song Contest based on an edition (either real or imaginary). For example you can use the flag and name of your country and say that it's the 100th edition. (if you haven't understood what I mean, there will be some examples - my entries - later)

About the voting:
    • People (obv) cannot vote for their own entries
    • Everyone can vote, including those that don't participate.
    • Even if you participate you don't have to vote.
    • Information about the voting system used will be announced later as it will be based on the amount of entries.

So... grab your pens and brushes and start designing!

Good Luck!
  2. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

I call this the "handwritten ESC style logo"

Attached Files:

3. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

I call this the "logo made of glass" (the flag is formed by the letters "escchat")

Attached Files:

4. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

i call this the "splattered logo" (the flag is formed by the splatter in the centre)

Attached Files:

5. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

OMG Kots they are VERY good! My favourite is the splatter one! :D Anyway I shall get to work right away!!! :)

Btw this could get a bit confusing when it comes to making the logo for each individual edition. Cos only the person who made the logo would have the logo in template form in the correct file format (aka .png for using fireworks etc). So either that person has to make the logo for each edition when it comes round or they send the template to the person of hosting that edition. providing they can edit it appropriately :D Does that make sense?
  6. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

yh ofc it makes sense! i guess that the designer of the logo will have to make it for each edition as there are many ppl here who don't know how to use programs like photoshop or fireworks...
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

OK here are my first two designs. The first of each design being the plain one (template) and the second one being a personal one to each contest. :) These aren't the absolute finished ones and the quality is a bit naff due to re-sizing, and I still have the high-res png ones for editing for each individual logo :) Anyway, here are my submissions! (BTW I had to use the colours of Black Daisystan instead of Davis Island because Black Daisystan is the only flag I had readily available, SORRY! ;))

Idea 1 Template
    [IMG]

Idea 1 Personalised
    [IMG]

Idea 2 Template
    [IMG]

Idea 2 Personalised
    [IMG]

:)
  8. Mina Member with a "past"

I'm not good with these things so I can't take part in it but from the ones I see I like Kotsios' splattered one (very cute) and Jonny's 1st one (very professional).
  9. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

jonny!! i love ur 2nd one!! its awesome!! the first one is also great!!
  10. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

is there a free downloadable fireworks anywhere? if there is than i can make something
  11. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Thanks kots :)

I think you can download a 30 day free trial here: http://www.soft32.com/download_351.html :) So I assume its legal seeing as its just a trial :D
  12. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

thanks :P ill make a thing within the next few hours/days xD
    in the mean time i have created a new flag for myself - well i say new flag - more of an update thanks to the download - i will give it out to those who ask as im not quite sure how to make a thumbnail thing on here - being the tired sleep monster i am:S
  13. Mina Member with a "past"

I made one, I know it's not as good as the previous ones but at least I tried:P

[IMG]
  14. MILKshake  

oh welll i liked the first one as a text design but as a background i liked the 3rd one by kots

maybe are you able to make it XD?
  15. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

welll this is my poor first attempt *bear in mind last time i used fireworks was like 3 months ago*
    ill make another and better one in the next few hours

Attached Files:

16. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Oooh I do like Mina's neon guitar! And Ollie I like your idea of having a slogan, i'm surprised we didn't consider it beforehand! :) They're all great guys!
  17. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

a bit of American slang...

"Big props" out to everyone for their logo ideas!!! Kots, it was an AWESOME suggestion to create a logo for our contest!!! I shall try my best with the programs I have but I think everyone's ideas so far have been incredible! :D
  18. kotsios Call me Kots. Potter Kots

The idea was Dave's!! i cant wait to see what you are going to do! and mina, that was really good!!

btw milk... ofc i can do one like that later!!
  19. calrisle Scrutineer

Hey guys,

Here I go with my own idea... I've gone for clean 'n' modern, with the generic graphic insert being a rectangular flag with nice clean lines.

Hopefully you guys will like it :)

[IMG]

Feedback in general would be cool :)
  20. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

I SIMPLY ADORE DAVID'S WORK OF ART - especially the pinkness rofl :P

So far all I have *patheticallY* achieved is this:

[IMG]

More to come as I fiddle around with fireworks :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023