•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

The stage

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

[IMG]
    [IMG]

There we have it: the stage of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest. The idea is that it should look like a massive eye (the entire thing is 44 metres long...).
    I must say I'm impressed, it's not as amateurish as I expected. I get the eye idea and this can be a great stage if artists know how to use it! An impressive stage which may end up being my all time favourite if the actual thing looks just as good as the sketches.
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Compared to the horrors of :no:, :de:, and :az:, it does look quite interesting and has a bit of shape. It does sound unnervingly large, however, and with the exception of :dk:, I'd be reluctant to say that big is beautiful when it comes to Eurovision stages.
  3. CTP Jass hater

I rarely give a shit about the stage, though based on what has been picked so far, it might be more interesting than the songs. We'll see what it looks like in due course.

Also, I agree with Jonny - bigger often isn't better with stages.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  4. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I'd say the actual stage (where the artists are, that bit), isn't that big. 14 metres is quite ok I think, I don't expect it to look that big, they need to make it look smaller.
  5. CTP Jass hater

I don't know how 14 metres compares, it doesn't seem too big I guess. But no doubt they will want to capture the impressive stage design around the outside, which could dwarf the on stage performances. That said, it's up to the director and creative teams to make sure that balance is maintained. We'll be able to judge it when we see it.
    Merjan likes this.
  6. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Exactly that, Chris.

A big stage can only work when it's kept small. You don't need tons of zoomed out shots with the massive stage where the people standing on it look like Lego characters. Then again, I remember seeing the pictures for the 2005 stage design and it looked nothing like what we ended up with, so they first need to execute this right.
  7. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

can we not go back to 2000 seat venues with cardboard cut-out skyscrapers. not my opinion, just channeling sokrates1988
    Jonny likes this.
  8. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Dickie bows and evening dresses with an orchestra pit and curtains :) and this stage looks like a football stand
  9. Zuñir This is Janet, not me

I reallly like the design of the stage this year, lets see how it is in the reality.
  10. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Should be a big mouth and when the crap songs starts it can quickly close

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023