•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Thought for the day

1. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

In light of recent events, I feel that I have to share something I have learnt over the past 18 months:

I had a disciplinary at work about 18 months ago. Essentially this was due to a lack of professionalism - I sent an email that the recipient took exception to.

You might know that communication is 55% body language, 38% tone of voice and 7% words. When we are writing in chat/forums/etc, 93% of what we would normally communicate is lost.

When we write to someone, we should always try and remember that no matter how we write it, despite the words we choose, our tone cannot be communicated effectively, and the words will always be received in the mood of the recipient, not the sender.

Before we type a message, we should always try and remember the "3 Ps"

• Pause - if someone says something you don't like, or don't understand, take some time to stop, and think - don't just type the first thing that comes into your head.
      • Pace - think about what you are typing. Short sentences can make it seem like your angry. Long sentences can sometimes seem like a rant. Read over what you've written before hitting send, and make sure that it doesn't convey the wrong impression.
      • Probe - clarify what the person meant. Don't assume that it was an insult, or an "attack"
    And remember, everyone is here because we all have a common interest, we're all here to have fun.;D
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

You are exc, q.f.
  3. Julio STRANGLES

exc this should be to everyone to see and its directed to all ofc no exceptions im included obv and if somehow i hurt someone by saying anything well it wasnt on purpose and i apologize
  4. mm

Great point Adam.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023