•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

UK jury and televote

1. Mina Member with a "past"

Jury

12 Points - Germany
    10 Points - Iceland
    8 Points - Norway
    7 Points - Malta
    6 Points - Turkey
    5 Points - Ukraine
    4 Points - France
    3 Points - Bosnia & Herzegovina
    2 Points - Armenia
    1 Point - Azerbaijan

Televote

12 Points - Turkey
    10 Points - Greece
    8 Points - Lithuania
    7 Points - Norway
    6 Points - Malta
    5 Points - Iceland
    4 Points - Azerbaijan
    3 Points - Denmark
    2 Points - Germany
    1 Point - Portugal

5 more points we lost because of jury:(..and an appaling taste of the Uk jury..12pts to Germany and 5pts to Ukraine????? WHAT were they thinking:S
  2. LMFAO!!!

Glad to know those 12 votes to Estonia from me did absolutely nothing! :P

That's what you get for using the gayers from OGAE :rolleyes: In the end I'm glad we had a jury and televoting - Germany didn't deserve 12 but Greece didn't deserve 10...and wtf with Lithuania getting 8?! That proves there are far too many Lithuanian/Latvian immigrants in this country :D (just joking before I'm accused of racism!)
  3. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I actually enjoyed the German entry. I thought it was a really good show. As for the others, it does not surprise me that Malta got high scores with both votes, but I expected Iceland to be a little higher on the televote.

Actually, on that note we can see that the top 3 on the televote (which is as I expected it to be) are all countries with huge diasporas in the UK (sorry Mina, but it's true...) and its effect on the overall top 3 is that two of these countries were forced under. I think that is what the jury is for, to remove this predictability from the voting.
  4. Also, wtf is the problem with people in the UK? Is it impossible for us to vote en masse for songs which aren't in English? (the one point to Portugal not counting)
  5. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

OMFG I LOVE THE UK JURY!!!! ROFL!!! 12 points to Germany, its just too crap to be true lol :D

But bare in mind a few things ... people here are quite acustomed to that sort of musical style and traditionally we've voted for Germany alot anyway. Not to forget that whilst Dita was slaggy and the trousers were awful, vocally it was perfectly fine though :) I mean OK they didn't deserve the 12 points but I don't think its as outlandish as alot of people think :)

And 1 point to Portugal in the televote, thats a nice surprise :)

Also i'm surprised at the televoting giving 8 to Lithuania. I mean I know our other diaspora majors are up there to (Turkey & Greece) but those songs would have been popular with the public anyway and whilst diaspora helped, they would have still got points from us regardless I think. Whereas Lithuania is just a mystery .. I mean there aren't THAT many Lithuanians living in the UK and I didn't think the UK natives would have voted for him that much .. or maybe they just went for the whole usher look lol :D

And poor denmark (surprisingly) got a bit screwed over by the jury :(
  6. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Hehe, Sheep I know what you mean about the non-English songs thing. I get the feeling that British people are so used to seeing just English in their every-day lives, whereas the rest of Europe has to put up with English being slotted in alongside their native language. I think this commodity gives the average British person less interest in songs that aren't in English.
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Btw I read something kinda strange and not really related but kinda interesting at the same time ...

According to the Times Sunday Magazine, the James Bond film "Thunderball" nearly had a theme title called "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" :D

To quote:
    THUNDERBALL
    This nearly had a John Barry theme song called "Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

And (unrelated lol) in the front page of the magazine they had a small article about Katrina Leskanich :D

"Katrina Leskanich ought to be regularly carried aloft by cheering crowds. She is the last singer to win the Eurovision song contest for the UK. With more than 40 countries taking part - and even Andrew Lloyd Webber failing to win it this year (we came fifth, after Azerbaijan and Turkey) - it is unlikely to happen again for many years, if ever. As lead singer of Katrina and the Waves, Leskanich, seized victory in Dublin in 1997 with the song Love shine a light, her triumphant more poignant for coming the day after new Lavour came to power. Leskanich, 49, is in fact American, having been born in Topenka, Kansas. She is now a solo singer - since the 2005 hurricane in New Orleans, few people like the idea of a band called Katrina and the Waves :P
  8. That's exactly what the title of the entry was based on ;)
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

LOL really? haha I feel kinda stupid now :P
  10. Yeah, but it was only mentioned like once and then forgotten ;) no need to feel stupid!
  11. Kevin New Member

i voted for lithuania :D
  12. Why am I not surprised? :D :P :rolleyes:
  13. CTP Jass hater

I liked the German entry more than I wanted too, probably wouldn't have given it 12 myself, but i'm glad someone voted for it... The jury and televotes made a nice mix in general, and balanced out a bit of the silliness

And poor Denmark (surprisingly) got a bit screwed over by the jury

Doesn't really surprise me. I wanted Denmark to do well, but he just couldn't quite hit the notes on the night, and the kind of song Brinck was singing didn't allow him to hide behind backing singers like Sakis (seriously, was Sakis actually singing? I thought he had microphone trouble in the semi, but it was the same thing in the final).
  14. Kristiina sxesov q.f

Grr, how dare you to not give points to Estonia!

And I have to say, this jury thing doesn't help much. There's still diaspora.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023