•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

United Kingdom 2019

1. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Hello everybody - as a Mini-UK, I decided to compile the list of the songs as they come out (also I have a bout of insomnia so what better way to spend your mid-morning.) :geek:

Michael Rice - Bigger Than Us
    Holly Tandy - Bigger Than Us

Jordan Clarke - Freaks
    MAID - Freaks

Kerrie-Anne - Sweet Lies
    Anisa - Sweet Lies

I'm sorry, :uk: - but whilst I always hope for the best for you, this is a step in the wrong direction with the format. :nope:

Here's my ranking:
    1. Michael (Good voice, pretty alright melody and it could squeak into a respectable place even if it needs a bit of revamping - the sudden end, especially.)
    2. Kerrie-Anne (There's potential - helps that it's upbeat and she seems to have a good voice.)
    3. Holly Tandy (Sweet voice, inoffensive.)
    4. Anisa (Dull as anything.)
    5. Jordan Clarke (You can't do anything with this song to make it decent - also is that Pachelbel in the chorus?)
    6. MAID (Jesus fucking wept.)

Best of luck either way, my friends.
    Anaconda likes this.
  2. CTP Jass hater

WTWAT. I concur with Rua mostly. Young Mick is the best bet I think, with Kerrie-Anne second providing she can sing this live with this much energy. Needs a bigger finish though. Both the other singers renditions of these songs could be perhaps best described as pleasant, if forgettable. Freaks had an interesting intro I suppose, but the song proper is a pile of shit.
    Rua likes this.
  3. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Same old samey dull songs sung by nobodies and x factor flops, why do the bbc bother its pathetic
  4. Mina Member with a "past"

Freaks by Jordan Clarke or Bigger than us by Michael Rice.
    Sweet lies I don't like at all.
    Anaconda likes this.
  5. James ... and his things xD

I think Michael would be the best choice, but overall it is a weak selection.
    Rua and Anaconda like this.
  6. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

I fully agree with Mina and James, and partly with Rua and cutiepie. I actually think this is a slightly better bunch than the last couple of years - but, sadly, that doesn't mean much. This would be my ranking:
    1. Michael Rice (best overall option)
    2. Jordan Clarke (just because the rest is worse imo)
    3. Holly Tandy (not my cup of tea, but passable)
    4. Kerrie Anne (really didn't like this)
    5. Anisa (really didn't like this either)
    6. MAID (this was just awful)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023