•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

WC 2014 Brazil - Prediction game.

1. Wiggles Administrator

Well, it's up to james whether anything is added, I don't distinctly remember that to be the plan, but I have no idea, really. These are the scores and results assuming the initial questions were all the questions.
  2. James ... and his things xD

Nothing will be added
  3. Wiggles Administrator

Now, the round of 16 wasn't really covered by many questions, so not many points have been dished out and not much has changed. But since it is the end of a round, I'll post the updated table. James still looks the favourite to win, Dennis has now joined the group of us who statistically cannot win and there are 26 points left to give. The unsettled questions are the semi finalists, which we will know after the quarterfinals, Belgium and Holland's final resting place, number of goals in the final and number of matches that will end in penalties, and of course, the world champion. So, most of those points won't be known until the final ends.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Rua and James like this.
  4. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

There is an error in your table, mgf chris. Teodor also predicted that 3 teams would exit without a point, which is correct, but it's been flagged up in red instead of green.
    Teodor likes this.
  5. Wiggles Administrator

Thanks for spotting this, mgf jw, I notice that the same error occurs in a few places, and this is due to cell formats in my document, where apparently the answers are stored as text in some cells but as value in others. A corrected table will appear soon.
    NickEmpel likes this.
  6. Wiggles Administrator

The error was only visible for two answers, denying Teo and Julio 2 points each, and the format error was a problem but has now been fixed. This doesn't change the table in very significant ways, except Teo is slightly closer to James now. Maybe these 2 points will make a lot of difference.

Here are the answers again (I'll keep posting these so people can verify the scores as before)

[IMG]

And the correct table

[IMG]
  7. Wiggles Administrator

New results
    [IMG]

And new table
    [IMG]

It's between three people now. Anette will support Brazil in the finals, there are 8 points at stake. Teo and James both back Argentina. James is close to the win though. Maybe it'll be clear already after the semi finals.
    James likes this.
  8. Wiggles Administrator

We're almost there now. There are still some points to give, but the results are in. At least the most important ones. I'll post the final table on Sunday (unless I forget) but this is how it stands now.

[IMG]

With the elimination of Brazil, Anette could no longer catch James. Teo still could, even though it was unlikely, until Holland went out in the semi finals. That gave James an extra point and sealed the victory.

Here are the answers as usual:
    [IMG]
  9. Wiggles Administrator

Right, since the winner was known, I wasn't in a great hurry, but in order to be a decent scorekeeper, I should close the game by posting the final table:

[IMG]

HFC James, who gains the title of Octopus.

And here are the answers. The tie breaker of course doesn't give anything as the 1st place needed no tie breaker and other ties were unimportant.

[IMG]
    Nessie likes this.
  10. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Thanks for the game even if i did do crap lol and Congrats James :up:
  11. James ... and his things xD

Thank you for the work, wiggles!
  12. Mina Member with a "past"

Thanks for the game, Ben and congrats to James The Octopus :P
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  13. Thanks James and Ben for the game, and congrats to James !
  14. DenDutch Well-Known Member

Thanks James and Wiggles for the fun game! And (for the 3rd time probably) HFC James on winning

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023