•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

WORLD CUP 2014 FANTASY LEAGUE

1. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Well this is proving more difficult than I thought! I don't know if it is just a bit early, as the (real) teams don't have to be finalised until 2nd June, but it is really difficult to find a suitable website.

I'm fairly sure the one we used for Euro 2012 is not doing a World Cup one 'for reasons beyond their control' and other problems have been: having to pay / only being allowed 10 teams in our own league / only companies being allowed to participate / only being available as an App (for phones or Apple products) / game not set up yet.

I have 'registered my interest' with fantasyfootballpundits.com who will contact me when their game is 'live', but there are no further details about how the game will be run.

I have also registered and created a league (only because I had to in order to see what was happening) on www.fanxt.com

This looks quite complicated compared to the one we used last time, although I suppose it might be more simple when (if) we actually use it. You have a budget and can transfer people but I'm not sure if you can make unlimited transfers before the competition starts, so I don't want to pick a team too early in case I'm stuck with them.

The rules are on http://fantasyworldcup.fanxt.com/en/howto.php so maybe some (or all) of the regulars would like to have a look to see what you think. Of course, we can wait and see what the other one is like or still try and find other sites, and we can leave creating our teams until nearer the time the World Cup starts.

Another point against this one is that (a) it says to invite friends using facebook. I'm hoping the invitations can be sent from elsewhere too and (b) if I invite you, I get more money, which wouldn't be fair ofc for the purposes of the game.

If we do decide to go with this one I can (hopefully) give REGULAR chatters the link and details of the league in private but, in the meantime, if you find a better one, let me know.
  2. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

What do you think of the McDonald's one?
    • No points for substitutes - only starters.
    • Automatic substitution of another player in your squad if the one in your team doesn't play
    • Can change the team (from other players in your squad) - players who haven't played (yet) for other players who haven't played
    • Can start selecting teams on 8th June but can register now
    http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/rules
    Let me know what you think. (I think it sounds a bit more straightforward)
    adamacs and sokrates1988 like this.
  3. Curtis Belgium is a non country.

mcdonalds one will do sweet pea xxxx
    adamacs and sokrates1988 like this.
  4. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

In the absence of anything that appears better (at least on the first 4 pages of Google searching) I have now registered for the McDonald's one:
    http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com

It is possible to start creating your team on 8th June.

I haven't been able to create a league yet. I assume this will not be doable until the competition 'goes live'.

I must admit I haven’t been through the Rules/Terms/Conditions with a fine tooth comb but I assume they’re pretty standard fare. The only thing that might be relevant for some people is that if you are under 14 you have to have a parent/guardian’s permission and you can’t win any prizes. However, with all due respect to all of us, I doubt if that will be a problem because we probably won’t be troubling the scorers.

Do please register to take part. We had fun during Euro 2012 and should do so again! (Even you, Jonny)
    Jonny likes this.
  5. DenDutch Well-Known Member

"I don't do games"
    ThatWelshOne likes this.
  6. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I am organising this, of course, for your delight and delectation.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  7. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

registered, Come on Yugosokia
    Merjan likes this.
  8. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

Merjan likes this.
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Registered. Black Daisystan shall go to the ball.
    Merjan likes this.
  10. Mina Member with a "past"

I've registered, too.
    Merjan likes this.
  11. ThatWelshOne Member

I have as well. :D
    Merjan likes this.
  12. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Oh I see what you did there :P
    Jonny likes this.
  13. Julio STRANGLES

i have registered
    Merjan likes this.
  14. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Well, it appears we can start choosing our teams at 14:00 UK time today (8th June).
    ThatWelshOne likes this.
  15. ThatWelshOne Member

Exc can't wait, ty Janet :D
  16. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

i registered!
    Merjan and ThatWelshOne like this.
  17. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Well it now appears to be 19:00 UK time. Having gone on the site at 14:07 and faffed about trying to work it out for 15 minutes, while the countdown clock definitely said 00:00:00:00, it then jumped to 00:04:34:23.
  18. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

took ages for me to be able to log in, typical FIFA website lol
  19. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

WTFF is going on on this website? The World Cup will be over and they'll still be putting off the time we can start picking our teams :nope:
  20. ThatWelshOne Member

Typical McDonald's, too busy frying chips

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023