The singers could send in their applications until the end of June and these are the ones who made it through!
The Maltese Public Broadcaster PBS has just revealed the names of the 12 singers that will hope to wave the Maltese flag at this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Poland.
As stated on the rules, every child willing to enter the competition should send an original song or cover version of any popular song that shows up their singing abilities for the public to decided through online voting who should follow the steps of Ela Mangion in the competition.
Take a look at the 12 hopefuls below:
- Aiden Aquilina Cohen – ‘Loved Either Way’ (ORIGINAL SONG)
- Francesca Borg – ‘Seven Nation Army’
- Shania Cauchi – ‘O Mio Babbino Caro’
- Maya Cauchi – ‘Creep (Postmodern Jukebox)’
- Leah Cauchi – ‘Illejla’ (ORIGINAL SONG)
- Yarin Coleiro – ‘The Power of Love’
- Martina Cutajar – ‘Dynasty’
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – ‘Sto Male’
- Yulan Law – ‘Speechless’
- Amy Pace – ‘Rise Up’
- Eksenia Sammut – ‘Always Remember Us This Way’
- Kristy Spiteri – ‘Never Enough’
As you can see, only two of the competing children are bringing an original song, so it’s presumably logical that any singer which could win singing a cover of an already popular song, would be assigned an original song on a later stage for the contest in Gliwice.
The winner will be announced on the 20th of August and as it differs from last year, the performances will be filmed and shown on TV and online, thus there will not be a live show but the audience will be able to vote online for their favorite contestant and a music industry panel will be responsible for the other 50% of the final outcome, as they witness the filming of the performances at the studio.
Stay tuned for Malta’s preparations and decisions regarding their participation at this year’s Junior Eurovision in Poland.