•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

#100 Poll of the Decades

1. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know you will all be pleased that Chris is still able to be involved with our #100 Celebration Countdown. Thank you to those people who agreed to be press-ganged in to help, but hopefully we will be able to do it between us. If we do need any additional assistance, I know there will be people willing to step into the breach, like this afternoon. Thank you Adam, Julio, Ana, Rua and Sexy Norman Prigent.

For those people not in at the initial stages of this before, the core idea is to count down the top 10 (for example) favourite entries of the past 100 editions. This would be interspersed with recaps and live performances of songs and so forth that celebrate the diverse range of songs sent to the contest. You may, therefore, be called upon for your comments and/or reminiscences.

There are some minor changes to the celebration as it was originally announced, but it is basically the same idea.

We shall now be voting on top-3 songs (not top-4 as before) and the poll is open to all people who intend to be eligible to enter #100. Voting will be compulsory for all such people and everyone must vote in all decades. You should vote for your top 3 songs in Eurovision-style: 12 - 10 - 8 points. Please send your votes to me by private message and keep them confidential.

jw has kindly agreed to produce recaps for all the decades to showcase the songs but, of course, you should vote having listened to the entire songs.

Time is tight, and the voting schedule is as follows:
    Round 1: The 00s - 16th - 20th April
    Round 2: The 90s - 21st - 23rd April
    Round 3: The 10s - 24th - 26th April
    Round 4: The 80s - 27th - 29th April
    Round 5: The 20s - 30th April - 2nd May
    Round 6: The 70s - 3rd - 5th May
    Round 7: The 30s - 6th - 8th May
    Round 8: The 60s - 9th - 11th May
    Round 9: The 40s - 12th - 14th May
    Round 10: The 50s - 15th - 17th May

NOTE: You can vote for your own songs - however the poll results will be made public after the event.

Please remember this is a friendly event celebrating the history of the contest and its songs. This is just for fun and doesn’t impact on any contest rankings and certainly doesn’t mean your song isn’t a good one if you don’t top the poll. There can be only one chosen from each decade so many great songs will miss out.

Below is a recap of the songs from which you are voting and links to the relevant contests.

Each new recap will be premiered in chat on the evening voting opens, after the Country Night.

Please send your votes for Round 1 by 23:59 on 20th April. Voting opens after the premiere of the recap in chat.

Thank you and have fun!

Ronini, Anaconda, James and 2 others like this.
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

3. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

4. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Anaconda likes this.
  5. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

6. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Anaconda and Rua like this.
  7. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

8. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Anaconda likes this.
  9. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

10. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Anaconda likes this.
  11. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

12. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

DenDutch, Ronini, Rua and 1 other person like this.
  13. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Anaconda, Rua and DenDutch like this.
  14. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

Oh it will need a lot of energy to that qf, and possibly some medication too
    Genesis2703 likes this.
  15. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

16. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

UPDATED VOTING SCHEDULE:

Round 7: The 30s - 17th - 19th May
    Round 8: The 60s - 20th - 22nd May
    Round 9: The 40s - 23rd - 25th May
    Round 10: The 50s - 26th - 28th May

Huge thanks to jw for the 30s recap. Voting can start immediately. Please vote in private using the link below or by continuing your conversation.

Thank you

adamacs Anaconda CTP Curtis dan DenDutch Genesis2703 James Julio jw Luis DLC Merjan Mina Nessie NickEmpel Ronini Rua Sandera Scheeples SilentPrayer sokrates1988 Stockholm calling Teodor
    DenDutch, Rua and Anaconda like this.
  17. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

18. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Anaconda, DenDutch and Rua like this.
  19. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

20. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Voting is now open for the 40s, even though some of us, Hi Luis DLC , still haven't voted on the 60s :rolleyes:. This voting window closes at midnight on 25th May.

As ever, please vote in private, either using the link below or continue your conversation. We are nearly there :D

Humongous thanks to jw for the recap :kiss:

adamacs Anaconda CTP Curtis dan DenDutch Genesis2703 James Julio jw Luis DLC Merjan Mina Nessie NickEmpel Ronini Rua Sandera Scheeples SilentPrayer sokrates1988 Stockholm calling Teodor
    Julio and Anaconda like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023