•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

2008 - 2009...

1. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

well its all over for this year, the full published results will be out in about a week...
    i thought it would be nice if we all wrote something about the past year, about ourselves -
    if you think you have changed in the last 12 months or not,
    if you liked or disliked this year - quality of songs only,
    regrets?,
    and then any notes to the rest of the people using this website (a thank you for jw im sure will be appreciated!!!)
  2. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

This is the very first time I have followed the contest throughout, and I am very happy with the way that it has gone. I look forward to repeating this next year and I would love to go to Norway next year to see the contest live. Anyone who wants to join me, raise your hand! :D
  3. ollie2283 jedan sam čekao je ovdje!

overall i am mixed about this year in many ways - with a general low quality of songs which were only hightened by a good dance routine etc.
    friends wise i can honestly say that i have gained and reinforced so many friendships with so many people, and for that i am thankful - however this is at the cost of another friend...
    people would argue i have changed, but i just believe i have just opened up more to people - even still i am reffered as the 'mature' one xD
    i wanna thank jw for the amazingness of the site, there wasnt need to create this - and nobody specifically asked you, u just did it on your own and for that i am so grateful
    and to the chat regulars/blogtv regulars thank you for amusing me countless times, your all like my little comedy family based around music...
    kittos!
  4. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

This was the first year I really really followed the national finals. For 2008 I did but now as vigorously as this year. I have to admit, before the 2008 contest I wasn't as excited as I was for the 2009 contest, and because 2008 was more predictable it was a bit of an anti climax whereas 2009 was far more exciting imo :)

Regrets ... no :P In fact yes, maybe that its worth argueing less and just enjoying the songs and NF's :) Hopefully for the 2010 season because i'll be here no at esctoday I shouldn't argue nearly as much, if at all.

Have I changed in the last 12 months? Well maybe ... i've definitely become less tolerant of spammers, I know that much lol.

I loved this year. Its defo been more exciting than the 08 season. Cos I met tonnes of new people, and ofcourse its been a bit of a rollercoaster with esctoday and everything lol :D Initially I thought the quality of the songs was rubbish, BUT it ended up that imo we had the strongest final ever, and I definitely think the songs just get better year upon year.

And thank you to everybody who made the 09 season as fun as it was and thank you to jw for setting up this site!!! :)
  5. Kevin New Member

omg i feel so old compared to you lot (and im only 18 rofl)

EDIT: i got my maths wrong :P
    this was my 12th esc :P
  6. Aaron N Moof master

omg shut up kev :P lmaoo i've been watching esc since i was 8!! and i'm 20!!! so if you feel old then i must be fookin ancient!! :P lmaooooo
  7. Kevin New Member

ROFL! so you remember Gina G then?
    go us! 5ft 6ers for the win! herpise & rybak 4 the bin :D
  8. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

10 and a half? How do you figure that? :S
  9. CTP Jass hater

How have I changed over the past year? I guess I may have come out of the shadows a bit and been a bit more of a willing participant, be that on forums, or in life more generally.

The contest? I'm thrilled with the result, the first time in a long time my top 3 were the same as the "real world". I was admittedly disappointed with the semi's, and what were those hosts like!? She must be so sore being groped so much... But the final was amazing, and it seemed like every performer in the final put in an extra 10%. Despite the lopsided result, the voting was fun and exciting for me. It was nice not always knowing where the points would go! For the first time in a long time, the winner has cracked the top 50 itunes charts in Australia (#27) and I wish Alexander and Yohanna (and everyone else too!) great success... and welkommen til Oslo, 2010!
  10. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Uk top 100 update:
    3: Fairytale
    16: It's my time
    30: Is it true? (is still climbing)
    71: Miss kiss kiss bang
    86: Dum tek tek
    88: Randajad
    89: Always
    90: La Voix

BUT good news for Mina ....

99: LOSE CONTROL!!!!
  11. Mina Member with a "past"

Gooooooooooooooooooo Waldo:D:D:D
  12. Kevin New Member

the half was because i onyl saw half of the first contest i watched ;)
    but my equations were wrong anyway
  13. Mark New Member

hmm ... about this year ... one of the greastest things happened to me, and one of the worst ... it's been a very mixed year for moi ...

ESC has turned out to be a huge success this year, but only for the voting. Song wise I think I will only listen to about 10 again, ofc. including the great Kaas.

Have I changed !? Well I'm still freakin' awesome and the best as ever, so I guess not :D
  14. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

And still as modest as you always have been ROFL! :D :P
  15. Kevin New Member

have i changed - hmm not much, ive got older, im now an adult, i can drive, hmm thats quite a lot lol! - i have met most of you guys this year :)
    this contest probably had some good songs, but after the truly awsomeness of Euroband (they are gods in my opinion) nothing seems as good
    my ranking of the best: 2008 (purely because of euroband), 2009, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 1997, 2002, 2000, 1999, 2001, 1998, 2004, 1996 :P
  16. What a difference a year makes...

2009 was my 4th final and 1st 'proper' Eurovision following all the national finals, supporting my favourites and I have to say it was incredibly fun. However through having done that it dispelled a lot of the excitement I felt last year and as a result I believe that the quality of the songs overall dropped - although it may just be due to the credit crunch :D

Funny to think this time last year, I only knew 'of' the majority of you rather than actually being acquainted with you. I've learn so much and I think my research/reporting skills have greatly improved :D I am without a doubt, the ultimate fan of modern Melodifestivalen, apart from maybe Stockholm calling and I'm most impressed with my mp3/album tracking/downloading skills :)

Despite this, there's a whole lot more that I'm not happy with. Being an active member of forums/discussions has turned me into a horrible, intolerant super-bitch. I would never dream of doing things or treating people the way I have in real life. I'm shocked and appalled and I don't like the person I've become. I'm confident and careful enough to know I'm right 90% of the time and part of it I think is I clash too easily with people who are not necessarily as smart as me and share different opinions. Another factor is, I don't think I really fit into the dynamics of this forum and far too many people (not necessarily on this site) believe their opinions are fact and anyone who doesn't share them is somehow less worth than them.

I have considered 'retiring' from the ESC scene many times and for the good of my character and others' well-being, I think that day may be coming quite soon...
  17. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

That cannot be denied!!! Your love for MF is out of this world and I do wonder whether it would be bad for your health lol :P You have no idea how guilty I felt after the first semi final, when your webcast didn't work and mine did. Cos knowing how much you love MF I felt guilty knowing that a casual observer like myself was watching it and you couldn't. Hopefully next year the webcast will be more friendly :P

Don't leave ... we're not THAT bad ... are we!? :D lol
  18. Aaron N Moof master

well look at that you can do something i can't (drive that is :P lmao) i don't think i could trust myself behind the wheel of a car :P i'll stick to walking and trains lmao

i honestly don't know if i have changed this year..... granted i didn't know all of you of at the start and because of that i have twice as much fun this year :D every year my love for esc grows and this year its the same and as of this year i have watched *counts on fingers* 14 esc's :o i'm sooo old lmaoo
  19. I thought yours didn't work either :( anyway, I felt awful because I was actually meant to be there watching live in the stadium, the fact the webcast didn't work only made me feel worse...

But it was all fixed the next week :D purely by chance, I switched web browsers and it worked perfectly for the rest of the shows and only skipped MINORLY 4 times in total :)

Well it's debatable :D :P but really no, I'm THAT bad. Okay, taking a specific example: people calling Slovakia's entry this year 'screamy'. The singers' vocals were near to studio when they sang live, the only reason people think it's screechy is because Nela sings high notes and you could hardly accuse Kamil of shouting the song. What I can't stand is people not liking a song, then just dismissing everything about, not searching for the good points and then preaching to other people like it's the truth...

I'm far too oversensitive to interact with others :P part of me wishes I could go back to the little bubble I had before in 2007 when Portugal 2005 was nothing but pretty, happy, shiny, uplifting pop :D
  20. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Thats rather lucky actually :P I remember when the Scotts came in during AC my webcast just completely crashed, and then when I got it back up it was jolting for the rest of their performance continuously, and then as soon as they left stage it worked fine, and i've never worked out why! Maybe its some kind of anti-Scotts conspiracy, god knows.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023