•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Allocation draw: semi finals

1. James ... and his things xD

This is the result of teh semi finals draw this afternoon:

Semi final 1:

1st half:
    :gr: Greece
    :mk: Macedonia
    :ee: Estonia
    :cs: Holland
    :md: Moldova
    :fi: Finland
    :be: Belgium
    :am: Armenia

2nd half:

:rs: Serbia
    :dk: Denmark
    :by: Belarus
    :ro: Romania
    :ru: Russia
    :al: Albania
    :ge: Georgia
    :hu: Hungary

Voting in semi 1:
    :es: Spain
    :at: Austria
    :fr: France

Semi final 2:

1st half:
    :no: Norway
    :ie: Ireland
    :cz: Czech Republic
    :lt: Lithuania
    :sm: San Marino
    :mt: Malta
    :pt: Portugal
    :me: Montenegro

2nd half:
    :ch: Switzerland
    :az: Azerbaijan
    :si: Slovenia
    :lv: Latvia
    :pl: Poland
    :is: Iceland
    :il: Israel
    :cy: Cyprus
    :se: Sweden

Voting in semi 2:
    :de: Germany
    :it: Italy
    :uk: United Kingdom
  2. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

We're not Serbia&Montenegro :mal:
    jw, Rua and Genesis2703 like this.
  3. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Looking at these semis, EBU's system does not work.

The current pot/draw system is there to prevent predictability. If you then end up with a semi with Greece, Russia, Romania, Estonia, Denmark, Serbia, Hungary, Belarus, Georgia, Holland, Moldova, Finland - there's nothing that can explain that. A lot of those are regular qualifiers, just we are not. But we have made the top 10 twice in a row. Every other country is basically already screwed or they need a massive surprise... There's seven almost sure qualifiers in there and that does not help against predictability.
  4. Julio STRANGLES

So we are performing on the first half and out of those countries, including the Big 5, only Switzerland tends to vote for us, my prediction is the same as usual lately, we are doomed.
  5. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Meh, you're not doomed. Of the following bunch, six go through:
    • Latvia
    • Poland
    • Slovenia
    • San Marino
    • Czech Republic
    • Switzerland
    • Cyprus
    • Montenegro
    • Portugal
    • Lithuania
    • Israel
    • Ireland
    That means six stay behind. Switzerland, Montenegro San Marino, Latvia, Israel, Poland, Czech Republic and Portugal all don't have a track record to be happy with. Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania and Ireland can really ruin songs as we've seen in the past. Any of those twelve will make it and no one knows who. A half decent song may even make you scrape through.
  6. Julio STRANGLES

But besides our bad record even when we send half decent songs we very much depend on friendly countries in voting terms (like Switzerland, France, Spain etc.) the 3 times we qualified we had them on our semi, this time we only have Switzerland
  7. Norbert Welcome

i really like semi 2! seems like there'll be surprises
  8. Loukas New Member

My origin country on semi 1 and current home country on semi 2. Unfortunately I cant vote Greece on semifinals.. I'll vote for Cyprus though.
  9. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Yikes, talk about friendly voting with some of these combinations.

( :by: + :ru: + :am:)
    ( :be: + :nl: )
    ( :fi: + :ee: )
    ( :ge: + :al: )
    ( :md: + :ro: )
    ( :mk: + :rs: )

While I'm not holding out for a miracle, seems we were lucky with one thing in semi final 2. :P
    ( :ie: + :uk: )
    ( :no: + :is: + :se: )
    ( :cz: + :pl: )
    ( :lt: + :lv: )
    ( :sm: + :it: )

Not looking forward to the neighbourly intentions this year - hopefully the jury works well.
  10. Norbert Welcome

im happy for my country malta this year apart from the strong song there is :it::sm::az::uk::ie: all voting :D
  11. James ... and his things xD

It had to go fast, I did it live :P
    NickEmpel and jw like this.
  12. James ... and his things xD

I think we are pretty doomed either, same for Holland. Its true that they made the final twice but with much stronger songs. I also think we shouldnt rely On jury's good Will and honesty. We only have a chance if Holland doesnt act unfaithfull again and if spain, austria and france do what they should do. Only if we have a good song ofc.
    I think Portugal is in a more difficult position by missing both spain and france. I see greece, armenia and russia as sure qualifiers. Romania most likely too. They ll gather votes from belgium, france, Holland and spain.
  13. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Semifinal One is full of logical qualifiers (the likes of Greece, Russia and Romania). Semifinal Two is wide open and pretty anyone will have a chance there. Even San Marino if their song is decent.

Belgium will have a good old struggle, they'll need a miracle as at the moment, I don't know which seven countries they could beat. Same however goes for Moldova. Macedonia, with the song already known, already looks doomed...
  14. Norbert Welcome

i think in semi 1 these usually qualifiy
    Armenia Russia Romania Greece Denmark Serbia Georgia moldova
    finland/Albania/hungary probably might do..its very tough semi

semi 2 its usually Norway Sweden Iceland Azerbaijan which qualifies which leaves it as a very interesting semi
  15. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

There's more. The Germans will probably give a few points to the Czechs and both countries profit from having Polish/Czech natives all over Europe. The UK and Italy will probably vote for the Czechs there. If their song is decent. Same for Poland.
  16. DenDutch Well-Known Member

And you can include Georgia in ( :by: + :ru: + :am:)
    :gr: will get points from :al: and ( :gr: + :ro:) could be a pair.

There are even more groups, and that's just semi 1 :P
  17. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

:mal:
    Rua, James and DenDutch like this.
  18. Mina Member with a "past"

19. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

so much for keeping neighbours apart in the semi's
  20. Julio STRANGLES

argh I just realised we are also on the semi final with more countries, more chances to stay out

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023