•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Azerbaijan Televotes (2009)

1. [IMG]

LOL :D I had to share this with you all - the highlights being the 43 votes to Armenia compared to more than 44000 for Turkey :P I also find it hard to believe noone in Azerbaijan tried to vote for themselves...or maybe that's just a UK-thing :rolleyes: plus Portugal and Finland really DID NOT appeal and I'm rather shocked at how many televotes there were in total...I thought Azeris were meant to be enthusiastic...
  2. Mark New Member

ROFLROFL I love how it is on a piece of paper that looks like it's my homework :D and final scribbled on - are you sure it's not Moldova's or Andorra's votes ? :D:D
  3. I'm sure :D do you know any other country in Europe which loves Turkey and hates Armenia THAT much?! :P

And I think that's how all the votes were presented by Digame.de - the official televoting parter of the EBU/Eurovision :D
  4. CTP Jass hater

Ah... the peace, love an harmony that is Eurovision... providing you're from the "right" country of course... And people still think televoting is "democratic and fair" lol
  5. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

ROFL @ Turkey getting like 10 times the runner up!!! :P And as sheep said, for a country that loves eurovision, their voting figures aren't great :S Especially considering apart from four countries everybody got 1000 votes or less.
  6. Mina Member with a "past"

When one song gets 44.762 phone calls for the neighbour and the runner up gets 6.800 (and the number declining rapidly from then on) it's obvious that televoting is very biased in some countries.
    Someone might say 'didn't you know that already?' I did but it's different when you see 12 and 10 points and 8 points and very different when you see that huge difference in phone calls.
    5.000 phone calls between the 2nd and the 3rd is a reasonable difference...but 36.000?:S
    I still don't believe in the juries but at the same time this looks very bad, too. It's like whatever song the other countries send the Azeris will still vote for Turkey in huge numbers.
    Countries should release the number of phonecalls..I think it might make many people reconsider about televoting...at least in its present form (instead of one vote per country per phone for example).
  7. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I do totally agree :) I'm all for televoting as it is the most democratic way of deciding the winner ... but then again whats democratic about the same country getting 12 every year? Thats like having a general election but the same party wins every year regardless, because its supporters are allowed to vote as much as they want. I know we've heard it all before but we all know, 1 vote per phone is the way forward!! :)

But then even with 1 vote per phone, Turkey still would have won this televote no doubt ... see its tricky, it gets to the point where we nothing can be done. Even with the jury votes the televote in certain countries will still be as biased as ever, and the same will still happen just on a lesser scale, if they apply 1 vote per phone.
  8. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

The Azeri jury vote was like this:

12 Turkey or Ukraine
    10 Turkey or Ukraine
    8 Norway or Moldova
    7 Croatia
    6 Romania
    5 Bosnia & Herzegovina

Also, Moldova definitely got at least 3 from the jury.

I'll work hard on the others. ;) I might even try again on the Romanian televote results that I messed up the first time.
  9. *BUMP*

I give you our 2012 hosts, ladies and gentlemen...
  10. DJ Balkan Ramadanske♥

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, I wonder if Azerbaijan will block lol. If they do so, they cannot host lol.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023