•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Christmas escChat.com Song Contest!

?

Is the Christmas escChat.com Song Contest a good idea?

Yes 14 vote(s) 73.7%
No 5 vote(s) 26.3%
  1. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

Hey guys. I thought of a great idea! :D When December approaches we could have a Christmas edition of the escChat.com Song Contest. This would be separate from the main contest (just like the Junior version was).

My suggestion is that this will be without a semi-final, because fewer people are likely to enter. Also, I would like to host this since I thought of the idea. :P

Could people please give me your comments on this idea below and don't forget the poll at the top of the page. ;)

I look forward to your responses. :)
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Is this cos you know Hatican City has absolutely no chance of ever winning the main contest due to its delegation being the market leaders in Bad Tasteso you have to invent another contest to have a chance of hosting? ;)
  3. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

:P:P:P

I came up with the idea just out of the blue, but admittedly my second (and almost immediate) thought was that I would get to host it. :D
  4. Eurovizz Member

hahahah :D
  5. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

If it involves sending Christmas songs then please shoot me now :P I don't think I could listen to 20 or so Christmas songs on the trot without going insane :D
  6. Alex Identified Flying Object

Altho i cant say i like Hatican Citian music , i believe that a good taste means for everybody a taste that is close to yours , so noone can say that I or Chris have a bad taste :P
    Coz simply we have different tastes:D

I agree on the Christmas edition:) I had thought of it as well , and i thought it was obvious that December's Contest would be the Xmas edition!

I am between a song by a greek macedonian or by a slavic macedonian artist:D:D One thing is for sure : Macedonia will be present in the Xmas edition :P
  7. Mina Member with a "past"

I like all contests so I like your idea, too :P
  8. No, it's utter fucking tosh, honestly. I've done a Christmas contest before and it was so devoid of any joy, excitement or originality I nearly topped myself.

I do NOT want this.
  9. If there is a Christmas contest I will take part in it :)
  10. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Nearly topped yourself? :P sorry that sentence just made me laugh (reminded of the phrase 'go screw yourself') XD

Hmmm...Christmas edition...I still haven't decided on whether I think there should be one or not.
  11. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I do agree but maybe not to the same extent :P I'm no scrooge but at Christmas I prefer just to listen to songs that i'd listen to any other time of the year :D And apart from Slade's I wish it could be Christmas everyday, there aren't any Christmas songs that spring to mind which I actually like :P
  12. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

It seems that people are pretty divided about this. What I'm thinking is that JECSC had only 16 participants, so there is no reason why this can't go ahead with a small number like that. It would only take a short while to organise too. Let's see how things go anyway.
  13. Arben The Flag Lover

but we could have something like VIDEOS being related to to christmas!!

like here... this song is not really made for the event, but its performed on show which was at christmas... so it is related to christmas lol...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2_m2ml6IVE&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2_m2ml6IVE&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think that would be a nic idea...
  14. Eurovizz Member

OMG Arben sorry, but that song would've been good if I didn't watch that performance, tsss:@ Just NO to that video for Christmas, despite the accessorizes.

The reason why I voted no: Cause I simply don't like themed editions :S *Cough* domstos *cough*
  15. Arben The Flag Lover

ROFL.. vizz...ehm why do u think i took this video as an example...?

right, because my entry would be better...

but dont tell me u didnt ses the chrismasballs in this vid ROFLROFL
  16. Eurovizz Member

ooooooooo, now I get it :D and YES, I saw those Christmas decorations omg geeez:@
  17. I've got 4 great Christmas songs to choose between; one rock, one pop-rock, one pop and an Irish one :D
  18. Alex Identified Flying Object

I vote for the Irish one ofc:D:D
    Sometimes i feel somehow like Louis :S

PS : I hope we don't have the same song on mind:P
  19. CTP Jass hater

If there were to be a Christmas edition, I would take part, and already have the song I would use chosen. I listen to Christmas songs all year round; I mean, if you like a song, it seems silly to only like it at a certain time of year... I see no reason why this couldn't happen with those who want to take part. In fact, even if this doesn't happen, maybe I'll just enter my song in the main edition :D
  20. c1ask0 Napkin of death holder

I have every intention of trying to make this happen for those who want to take part. It's not like we're going to do it all the time! :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023