•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Contest Reform

?

Which format for the contest do you like the most?

Only the host pre-qualifies, with the rest going through a semi. 8 vote(s) 36.4%
Top 5 pre-qualify, with the rest going through a semi. 5 vote(s) 22.7%
Keep it as it is. 9 vote(s) 40.9%
  1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

[jw] 9:50 PM: jonny should q.f. make a poll about it on the site as the contest was his idea

I present you with a poll on contest reform, which you may vote in if you please.

Ty.
  2. Liam Esterran.

Personally I think the current way works, I'd rather listen to a quick semi final and have 11 new songs for the final. It's a good balance, whereas if only the the winner was through, i'd have one new song and a semi that takes ages.

And as it is, there is only really 1-3 songs missing out on the final, so it's not an issue of better songs missing out.
  3. Alex Identified Flying Object

I cannot find a reason why there should be automatic qualifiers:S at all
    Just the host should be directly to final
  4. Arben The Flag Lover

im searching for a solution...
  5. Arben The Flag Lover

I think i have a solution:

Ok you want that only the host is in the final, but due to technical whateva there can only be 24 contestant in the final...

then how about having ONE voting phase for all songs...

jw then gets the complete results and first eliminates the last countries so that only 24 remain. (the host nation though remains in the show even if he did not get enough points to q. and comes in the final show last due to points)

some days later the final show will be revealed, THEN with points etc so we only have to vote once and the host is always prequalified

i think that this solution is very good, pls have your say:D:D
  6. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Arben, I think your solution isn't that good. IMO, it gives jw an awful lot of work because:
    if I give 12, 10, 8 and 7 to a country that does not qualify in your system, then jw has to find my nr 11, 12, 13 and 14 to complete my points. If that happens with more participants, then the delay will be huge IMO.

So my solution would be:
    A semi with all participants except the host.
  7. Arben The Flag Lover

why do you decorate your speculation with so strong adjectives?
    ask jw then we know
    i hope he replies here
  8. alexis9000 Member

Just keep it as it is...why do you need to change?
  9. Alex Identified Flying Object

Ok , ur GENIOUS!
    I think it will be really stupid if ur plan is not put in practise.It's really clever and EASY as never for JW.
    Congrats Arben:al:;D

Simple Plan FTW :D xD

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023