•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Democratic date thingy!!!

?

Which option do you like the most?

Option 1 6 vote(s) 50.0%
Option 2 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Option 3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Option 4 5 vote(s) 41.7%
  1. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Because we're all so confused about the dates for the second contest, and everybodys going crazy due to rehearsals and it will result in suicide if nothing is done, we're going to have a poll over when & how we hold the next contest. (cos i'm like totally democratic like that!)

Here are the options, vote on the poll above:

OPTION 1: I post all the songs tomorrow as I have them right now, with 12 competitors (possibly 13-14).

OPTION 2: I wait until after the actual ESC (about 9 days) to post all the songs.

OPTION 3: We start completely a-fresh, forget all the songs and start a new contest, with the submission period opening NOW.

OPTION 4: We start completely a-fresh, forget all the songs and start a new contest, with the submission period opening AFTER ESC.

OPTION 4 WON! So we shan't worry or think about the contest until a few days after eurovision.
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

OK HERES THE LOW DOWN!!!

First of all the new contest will take part a couple of days after ESC itself has finished. By that point the hype of the results should be over and we'll be entering the "dead period" where nothing really happens, so obv we're going to need something to keep the site alive whilst there isn't really much going on. For the next one we'll start afresh, so people will have to submit new songs, or simply re-submit the song they submitted before, so if you wanna chose a new song you can and if you don't, then don't worry.

So because theres more time to prepare, the next contest will be better than ever I promise! And I think also its a good thing if we hold the contests a bit further apart in the future, as it means the novelty of them doesn't wear off, as I think if we held them one after another in quick succession, they would get a tad boring.

Also for the next contest, Mark did ask me to host as hes got other stuff going on atm, BUT i'm more than happy for anybody else to host seeing as I did do the first one and if anybody else wants to host just ask and consider it yours.

I also think in the future NF's should be ... banned. A number of people agree with this as NF's do ruin the suspense of what songs people have chosen, and in the real ESC, would the UK let France chose its songs? NO!! And its the same principle here. BUT obv we should hold a vote for this because it seems this polarises opinions.

Soooooooo I hope everything is a little clearer now.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023