•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Denmark 2014, here we go!

1. Julio STRANGLES

Today RTP has confirmed participation in ESC 2014, so we are back! :D

Here is what Eurovision.tv posted today:

''We usually keep quiet until January but just want to share our excitement about confirmation from #Portugal for the #Eurovision Song Contest in 2014!''

See also the official confirmation of RTP site:
    http://www.rtp.pt/tvonline/sites/fe...gal-participa-na-Eurovisao-2014.rtp&post=2544 In there you can read that the RTP director is still to decide if it will be a national final or an internal selection.
  2. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

HFC. Kindly don't follow suit, Poland.
    MagicGianluk, sokrates1988 and Julio like this.
  3. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Welcome back Portugal :D HFC
    Julio likes this.
  4. ThatWelshOne Member

HFC. Exc to have a country back after 2 withdrawals this year :D Hopefully Portugal come back with a bang this year! :D
    Julio likes this.
  5. Marc Member

6. James ... and his things xD

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I'm so happy for you jules<<
    Julio likes this.
  7. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Excellent! Portugal sends amazing entries, I'm so excited to see what they have in store for us :D

Now we just need you on their team of entry sending, Julio :up:
    Julio likes this.
  8. Jammy Member

Yay!

P.s how do you get the waving flags as your signatures?
  9. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

Very Good,at least we will listen to some good music if they keep going on as they did back in 2012 :D
  10. Güneç Gülün Active Member

This is the best news I've heared for a long time...
  11. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

12. Teodor Moderator

yay!!! Portugal :D
  13. Julio STRANGLES

I came across today with this:

The video is from November 2013, and Anna Vissi is talking about Rui Andrade who took part in FDC twice, she sayd '' Hi Rui I heard you are going to take part in Eurovision this year'' and that made me go hmmm, specially because the Internal selection is likely to be our method this year. Out of curiosity i went to his FB page and I found a link he posted from other ESC news site where it said:

''Ruslana, the female vocalist who won the Eurovision Song Contest back in 2004 was a special guest at the World Outgames held in Antwerp where she performed a mixture of old and new material, including Wild Dances andThis is Euphoria. She spoke to several media outlets and revealed that she would like Portugal to return to the international competition with Rui Andrade as the representative. ''

So not only Anna Vissi but also Ruslana said it, and he posted it on his fb saying:

''A big thank to all the team of XXXX for this publication ... I hope to deserve your attention in the coming months ... :) and have your support :)
    A big hug
    Rui Andrade ''

The part of '' I hop to deserve your attention in the coming months'' makes me go hmmm again.
    Rumour has it that he has sent his song to Zlata, Ruslana and Anna Vissi, hence the videos replies, Zlata simply wished him a happy birthday and the best for his music career:

However I'm somehow scared of the internal selection as also in November 2013 RTP official FDC fb page posted a link of the new song of Carlos Costa who also took part in FDC, and let put it this way, he is crap, and they never posted before any video of any singer that didn't go to Eurovision before.

Anyway, Rui Andrade song in 2011 (should have won):

And Carlos Costa crap (should have come last):

14. Great news, congrats Julio ;)

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023