•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Empelia Promotion #24

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Hello everyone!

Secretly, Empelia held it's third ever National Final. This time, ten different artists with six different languages tried to earn a right to go to Jamoukovia to defend the Empelian honour.
    We can now reveal the points awarded, but not with the songs next to it, prepare for a shock:
    #1: 75 points
    #2: 75 points
    #3: 75 points
    #4: 75 points
    #5: 57 points
    #6: 52 points
    #7: 51 points
    #8: 50 points
    #9: 37 points
    #10: 33 points

This indeed meant we had a 1969-scenario. I eventually counted the most top scores and then we came to this song we just submitted.

We will give you some hints, but not an obvious one (like it's a male or something like that). With these ones you really have to think.
    • Fox
    • Married With Children
    • Sand lady
    • Eurovizz
    Well if you talk about cryptical! Of course we will explain all these hints once our song is revealed!

Regards,
    Empelia
  2. Eurovizz Member

NOW WHAT IS THIS NICK :) it must be something revolutionary uptempoish, or just really mong
  3. swissBoy Active Member

sounds very interesting :P
  4. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

Now I have no clue... could be something.
  5. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

uptempo...
  6. Eurovizz Member

sand lady and eurovizz, it must be an eastern european (me) ballad (sand lady)
  7. Ljupco Active Member

WIth a promotion like this, I'm so anxious to check out your entry :)
  8. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

We love how confusing our promo is:D
  9. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

We just saw the reveal of all the songs for Edition 24. As we promised, it is time for us to explain the four hints we gave you all.

First of all, just to make it clear, our entry is:

Tóth Vera (or Vera Tóth as we would say) will bring to you all: Mondd, miért pont ő?
    Indeed, we once again go HUNGARIAN

TÓTH VERA:
    [IMG]

Now, the hints!

Fox: This was a hint to the language we would send and the country this artist is from: Hungary. Some of you may know Kati Wolf debuted in the music scene when she was seven years old. She sang the song for a tv-series: Vuk Dala. A song about, indeed, a FOX! If you were able to make this connection, you would've figured out that we were going to send Hungarian.

Married With Children: This was a hint to the style of the music video. I think this was the most difficult hint of all. Whoever here knows this American tv-series knows that the main character is Al Bundy. If we start to think of other famous people in history with the name Al, you might think of Al Capone. And admit it, the video we sent does have the look that Al Capone could step in right away, doesn't it?

Sand lady: A link to the style and looks of the artist this was. If we think of sand ladies we know, we soon think of the woman drawing sand during the Ukrainian entry for Düsseldorf 2011. The title of this entry was 'Angel'. If we think of other ESC songs with that title, where do we end up? That's right, in 2005, when Chiara sang 'Angel' as well. Vera looks a bit like Chiara (fat and curly hair) and she also sings a ballad for us.
    NOTE: some people indeed mentioned Chiara in chat, so I am not completely crazy...

Eurovizz: Vizzy must have been thinking: What the hell does he mean with putting my name up there? It's actually quite easy. Eurovizz tends to call me 'nicka' in chat sometimes. And guess what Vera's real name is? VeroNIKA. This was indeed a hint to her name, her real name.

Well well, I hope you all understand the hints now:P

Good luck to all participants, and a welcome to Masiosare, Planet Janet and Moldijan! Welcome to the contest!
  10. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Thank you for your good wishes, Nick, but how obtuse can you be? Agatha Christie would have struggled with those clues :o
  11. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Official message from Empelia:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
    Well that was our first toilet ever, we are still laughing. Hahahahhahahahahhaa. We feel sorry for the other 8 countries missing out. Thanks for all the voters for Tóth Vera! We are happy we didn't react à l'Amaury Vassili!:P
    Merjan, Julio and Scheeples like this.
  12. It's incredible how people who are supposedly your seniors act with less maturity after such a result than you Nick. You are a true credit to your nation. :D

Sheepmark wishes Empelia all the best for edition 25 - that golden rosette is anyone's!
  13. Julio STRANGLES

great song anyway, best of luck next edition
  14. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

NickEmpel likes this.
  15. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Though it seems our artist took it... a little less good:

[IMG]

But...
    we told her to get a life, it's only a result of one edition. We don't worry, she shouldn't either, so then she changed some things:

[IMG]

She lost 20kg!!! How awesome is THAT!
  16. Mina Member with a "past"

Wow, she really changed a lot after losing that weight. She's like a different person :o

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023