•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

escChat Song Contest Voting

1. Jammy Member

Can someone let me know how the voting on the site works? Just so I can fin a good way of voting
  2. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

When you scroll over 'My Nation' and go to 'Vote Now For Edition 57, etc', you'll see all songs (minus your own song, of course) - when voting, you can drag and drop the songs in order, from 1 to Last place.

Each song in your top 10 will be awarded points in Eurovision fashion, 12 points to 1st, 10 to 2nd, 8 to 3rd and so on until it's down to your 10th song, which gets 1 point.

If a song from your top 10 is disqualified (by way of not voting in time, revealing intentions, etc) then your song placed 11th will get 1 point, song placed 10th gets 2 points, etc.

It's a good idea to rank all songs incase of this - and I would also suggest giving more than one listen to all songs - you can click out of your voting list and it'll stay exactly the way you ranked the songs too, so you don't need to worry about remembering how you ranked all the songs!

Hopefully I helped a bit. :)
    Merjan likes this.
  3. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

In addition to Rua's excellent explanation, the rules page explains the process:

Upon the closure of the song submission window, the songs will be revealed and can be viewed on the contest page. The order that songs are be presented in is determined by a running order draw held prior to the songs being revealed. When the contest has concluded, the order will be rearranged to present the songs in their final score positions. 

Once the voting period has opened, participants must rank the songs in order of preference, with the top ten being awarded points in traditional Eurovision order, with 12 points to their favourite song, 10 to their second favourite, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 point.

Participants are also urged to rank more than just their top ten in the event that any of their top ten songs are disqualified; in such a scenario the points allocated to any disqualified song will be given to the next song in their ranking. For example, if Participant B is disqualified and Participant A gives 8 points to Participant B's song, then the song originally getting 7 points from Participant A will get 8 points, with the song originally getting 6 points being awarded 7 points and so on, and the song ranked in 11th place will receive 1 point. This procedure will be exhaustively repeated for all disqualified entries. 

Only people who have submitted songs can vote. Voting is compulsory for all participants. Participants must listen to all songs via this website before they are allowed to vote. Failure to vote will result in disqualification and expulsion from the contest. 

4. Jammy Member

Thank you!

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023