•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Esterra 26

1. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

We here in Esterra have a few things to say before we promote our entry. There are two words I would like to mention. The first word is fame. People go around throwing accusations that this song, that song or the other are "fame", and should not be in the contest. Others will go so far as to say "I will not vote for a fame song!" Really? Where exactly does it say this contest can not have any famous songs? I personally have gone back and forth on this issue. Sometimes I sent well-known songs, other times I sent obscure ones. I can honestly say every song (save one) that I have sent to the contest, I LOVE. The one I do not love, I still like. Coincidentally, that one song I only "like", finished with a toilet award in it's edition. It just annoys me that some people refuse to give high marks to a song they enjoy, simply because they think it is "fame". Also, it does not appear that one person's definition of "fame" is always the same as another's; even to the point of changing their own definition of what constitutes "fame" so one song or another is not as affected. Some well-known hit songs have won the contest, while others either did poorly or failed to qualify. From this point forward, I will ignore the detractors who shout "FAME!" while pointing at the screen when a particular song comes up. I wish to apologise to those I may have hurt during my time as an "anti-fame" person. I was wrong.

This brings me to my second word: hypocracy. As so eloquently stated in the promo from Inspireland, several people here have pointed fingers at others for "fame", "friendly-voting" and the like. Quite a few of these people have selective memory and forget that they too are guilty of the exact same things they accuse others of. Have I myself yelled at others for sending fame when I did myself? YES. I both recognise and apologise for this. Am I guilty of "friendly-voting"? One can argue that I am with one country (gave 114, received 107). However, on the other side of the coin, there is another (gave 93, received 37). I would just like to point out that I am not just calling out others for blame. I am publicly admitting that I have done the same thing, however, I am publicly apologising for it.

I enjoy this contest immensely, it is just one aspect of our amazing site. However, if accusations continue to fly, Esterra will follow Inspireland out of this contest. What originally began as something fun amongst friends, has quickly devolved into name-calling and the throwing of accusations. Please, can we stop that before it is too late??

Now onto the fun part...the promo!!!

The entry from Esterra for Edition 26 is different from most of our previous entries. While the artist is American (big shock I know ^_^), it is not an upbeat song. In fact, it might be considered depressing. It is a song I have considered sending in the past, but (to my knowledge) was never featured in a NF for my country. Someone sent a previous entry that included an aspect that will feature prominently in my entry for 26. At the time, I did not like their entry for this aspect. I could not say publicly at the time, the true reason for my displeasure; however, I can say now that it is because I wanted to send this particular entry. I wish to apologise to this person for voicing my displeasure at their particular entry at the time. While there was truth to my original public reason for not liking your entry then; please know that the true reason was that I wanted to send this entry. I have decided that NOW is the perfect time for this entry. I do not wish for people to think I am only sending this entry to gain sympathy votes of any kind. Please understand I have given this a lot of thought, and decided that now is the time for this entry to be sent. For the reasons listed above, this is why my entry may be considered "controversial".

WHEW! That took a long time to type. Thank you for taking the time to read through all of my rant and promo. Lastly, here is my clue for my entry for Edition 26:

January 1st
    May 17th
    July 7th
    March 9th
    pepepaez and Merjan like this.
  2. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Depressing? YAY! Bring it on!
  3. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

Good luck!
  4. James ... and his things xD

OMG este, the forum is for threads, not books:P (OK, I will read it now)
  5. James ... and his things xD

Ok I read it and actually I would like to react.

I appreciate it that you thought about what you wrote and that you see that you were wrong in some cases, but don't forget we are all human.

I don't feel offended cause I know my voting is 100% clean, but this kind of posts (also the one of Inspireland) bother me a bit, because I think we have a great contest and these post damage the atmosphere more than it does good in my opinion.
    I also think: It is only a contest! It is a great one, but It's not a life important thing. It's just for fun. If some people don't want to vote famous songs or don't like famous songs in the contest, then that is that their personal opinion and their way of voting. I am sure they also thought about their voting strategy before they voted and it is their right to vote like they want. I must personally say that a new song i discover and like, impresses me more cause it is a surplus value to my musical knowledge, so it's normal that such songs come higher in my voting.
    I must admit that the 'friendly voting' annoys me too sometimes, but maybe it is only friendly voting in my perception. There are people with simillar tastes and then it is logic that the votes go more to another person with that taste.

It was not my intention to offend someone or to be a know all or sort of a priest. I just wanted to react after those two threads i read. It's nothing personal. Thx.

I just hope we can keep the good spirit in the contest and that we just have fun instead of accusing each other and seeing conspiracies all around. As I said before: It's a contest, no way of life.
    Erixi likes this.
  6. Both you and Nick need to look up the definition of 'clue':

clue |kloō|
    noun
    1 a piece of evidence or information used in the detection of a crime or solving of a mystery : police officers are still searching for clues.
    • a fact or idea that serves as a guide or aid in a task or problem : archaeological evidence can give clues about the past.
    2 a verbal formula giving an indication as to what is to be inserted in a particular space in a crossword or other puzzle.

What you've given is just a random set of dates that would only ever make sense to you.
    LOLZ.
  7. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

What you say is right,
    people should vote for the song,both fame or not
    but i think if a song is EXCELLENT,it will pass however if it's famous.
    so good luck and IN BOCCA AL LUPO
    :D
  8. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Oh really Sheep? One person has already contacted me, having CORRECTLY deciphered the clue. Or are you just admitting you cba to try to decipher it yourself? ^_^
  9. matthewbell32 Du kommer alltid vara nummer 1 för mig

Make that 2 people that consider this clue DECIPHERED.
  10. Julio STRANGLES

on the moment I wrote it I knew people would react like this, like it or not that's what I feel and even some people said to me that they agree and only were afraid to say it, i say what I want and that is a right that everyone has, but if there is something I don't like is people pretending that are innocent when thy aren't. you can have your opinion but just like you have so do the others have, and yes it is only a contest indeed, but are certain things that are unfair, and even you said to me you also didn't agree with some of the block vote. like it or not its what I feel and can assure you that I'm not the only one to think like this.
    Estêvão likes this.
  11. YA GOT ME! :D
  12. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

You'll ignore the people who shout fame as in no points or you'll just think 'whatever'?

And the word is hypocrisy :P
  13. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

There ya go, boys and girls :P LuLuLand feels that this also describes us.
    Nessie and pepepaez like this.
  14. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

And it applies to you too Luis. You say you do not vote fame, but have given 12pts to fame before. So however it is spelled, yes applies to you as well ;)
  15. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Watch out:rolleyes:

And you didn't answer my question.
  16. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

I plan to vote based on songs, as everyone should. I admit there were some editions where I could go back in time and change my votes, but alas I can not.
  17. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Yes, I vote based on songs, but my criteria is different, but still voting for SONGS and not people.
  18. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I vote for songs and for me, fame does have a small impact.
    Since Edition 19 I have used the same system to judge songs:
    40% vocals
    40 % music (melody etc.)
    10% language
    10% fame
    This can result in fame getting top points (Within Temptation, Adele), but if the music is not my thing (La Isla Bonita), it gets 0. For me, this seems to be more fair than just throwing it down on a list.
    I know I have been one of the people to 'boo' the fame, but I won't do that anymore. People should send what they like, no matter if it's Lady Gaga or some guy from the woods in Angola. However, I will always be against people who send fame just to score points.
    Those that I have hurt with a rant about fame: I'm sorry.

About friendly voting, I don't know how I see that, to be honest. I know (for example) Mina and I exchange a lot of points, but that is more because her taste is similar to mine, it has nothing to do with who she is.
    pepepaez and Estêvão like this.
  19. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

wowww let's see.

1-MAY i am wrong este, but i felt a bit identified with the thing about the song. does it include 11S? well, i just remember that you didnt like europa vii much because of that... and the dates could be terrorism attacks or something like that...

2-about the fame thing... well, i have sent PSB for example and i dont feel bad for it. what i think about fames is 49% joke, 51% real atm. we all expect different things from the contest: some people want to have fun with the songs, others want to dance, others want to cry, many others want to discover hidden pearls worldwide and others just want to win. i am one of those that CUMS when he listens to a song that wouldnt have been able to listen if i hadnt taken part on the contest and it's a great song. i just love that!! and people that have found that pearl(song) may have my points more than one that opened billboards and copied the first link he saw there...
    i am NOT AGAINST FAME, but i SUPPORT the non-obvious songs.

but anyway dont shiver, i even voted for tatu :P
    pepepaez and Luis DLC like this.
  20. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

oh!!! good luck este!!! :D

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023