•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Eurovision 2014 songs

1. Julio STRANGLES

Well this forum thread will be used to post the songs that are announced to go to ESC '14

The first country to select their song this year was Ukraine today (21/12/2013) they decided that Maria Yaremchuk will go to Denmark with the song Tick Tock. See the live performance bellow, feel free to comment.

2. Julio STRANGLES

Personally I don't like it, it is not as bad as ''Be My Valentine'' but also nothing good, I would think this is likely to make it into the finals but I don't think we are going to Kiev.
  3. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

It certainly is not a Gravity nor a Be My Guest - I feel like this is one of their weakest entries so far. Disappointed - final for Ukraine is likely, but they'd have to fight for a top 10 with a song like this if we go by how Be My Valentine fared.
  4. ThatWelshOne Member

This is nothing special. Certainly not top 10 material for me but considering it's :ua: , a top 10 is almost guaranteed :mal:
  5. Jammy Member

I'd agree that it's not their best entry over the past three years, but I like it. How it will do I'm not sure but I want it to do well.
  6. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

That Ukrainian entry just leaves me cold. I keep thinking WTF when I'm listening to it. It's not as horrible as Loboda was, but it surely is a step back from last year for Ukraine. They need a major revamp on this one.
  7. Genesis2703 Pointless

Not overly keen on Ukraine at all this year, the live version especially worried me. Atleast with Zlata she could sing it well live, so when they re-made the song she could still sing it. I do fear with the singer this year that if they did improve the song her vocals would still make it sound bad.

This is not a song I would normally want as a finalist but it is too early to tell for obvious reasons.
  8. ThatWelshOne Member

[IMG]
    :al:Albania are selecting their entry tonight! Who'll be watching?:al:
  9. Julio STRANGLES

Albania decided to send Hersi Matmuja and the song Zemerimi I Nje Nate
  10. ThatWelshOne Member

[IMG]
    :al: Albania 2014
    Herciana Matmuja - Zemërimi i një nate
  11. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

having reflected, :al: isn't that bad. Lose the intro and the random guitar solo which just sounds out of place, and this is quite a pleasant song with a nice melody
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I agree with BAS that they should cut out that guitar solo. However, I quite like the intro. After that it just goes down, it doesn't live up to the expectation of drama you expect with that intro. Sadly. At least it's better than Tick Tock...
  13. Julio STRANGLES

Albania is ok, to plain though and it wouldn't pass the semis if they kept it as it is, however she already said the song is to be sung in English on the ESC stage. So ill wait to see that version it can either improve it or kill it even more, but for now, I say Ukraine has more chances of doing well than this, however I find this better than Ukraine.
  14. Genesis2703 Pointless

I do prefer this to Ukraine currently, however I am almost certain that in Copenhagen Ukraine will get a higher placing than Albania is both songs were kept the same.

My main issue with Albania is simply that I feel the song doesn't know what it wants to be. It has a really dramatic opening, some random guitar solo, and the rest of the song is different yet again. I hope when the song is edited and put into english the songwriters will decide what they want the song to be and then I think it shall be better.
  15. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

My note on Albania: I actually quite like this song - Herciana has quite a powerful voice and the song has a very dramatic opening and the song flows quite nicely - if a little too slowly. It doesn't feel like it goes anywhere for quite a while.

The second I heard the song, I felt its quite similar to Seal's song 'Kiss from a Rose'. However, I prefer this to Tick Tock - perhaps when the song is reworked a little, I will enjoy it a bit more. (Crap that they are changing it to English - Albanian has a very mysterious feel that this song gives off.)

Right now however, a nice entry from Albania.
  16. ThatWelshOne Member

I like the melody of this song; Herciana has a wonderful voice.
    It needs to be revamped a bit to even have chance of passing the semis. The song is called One Night's Anger, but I really don't hear any 'anger' in the song at all. Maybe if it was revamped to be more uptempo? At the moment though, it's much better than Tick-Tock and I do hope they'll keep it in Albanian.
  17. Julio STRANGLES

18. Julio STRANGLES

1 - It's Belarus
    2 - What to expect from a song called ''cheesecake''
    3 - Welcome to my last place
    NickEmpel and Jammy like this.
  19. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Here's the Italian entry, La Mia Città!
  20. Julio STRANGLES

Finland has chosen ''Something Better''

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023