•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

France 2015

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

A question for those who know her:

Why do you think France has chosen Lisa Angell? I had never heard of her, she doesn't seem that successful?

Her song has the cliche title N'Oubliez Pas and is apparently about World War I and since a few weeks also about the attacks in Paris. You can listen to a snippet here. It's written by Robert Goldman (Jean Jacques Goldman's brother).

I like a good old fashioned ballad, so this sounds good to me. It's not going to do incredibly well though.

Update: There is a three minute version on YouTube, uploaded by France Télévisions, so it's the correct three minute version, but they seem to have ruined the sound...

Update 2: France Télévisions have now deleted the video, but couldn't stop others from uploading it.

Update 3: After deleting it and apparently noticing they were late, the French decided to reveal their entry anyway. Listen below!
    Rua likes this.
  2. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Good old France really going for it this year
  3. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

From the snippet I do quite like it. I don't find it to be nearly as emotive as I imagine it's intended to be, but the song builds quite nicely and, from what I understand, she has the pipes to pull it off. I'm predicting a rather cautious top 15.
  4. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

That's probably the aim I guess, a cautious top 15, get a slightly bigger name for 2016 and slowly, but steadily get the interest for Eurovision back in France. This song is decent enough to pick up some votes.
    Jonny likes this.
  5. Mina Member with a "past"

Very French. I like it and I like her voice, too. I believe if she's good live, it can be a top 10.
  6. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Full song available now!
  7. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

It's not half bad, I must admit - I wasn't expecting much from France after the car crash from last year.

Lisa has a strong voice and a rather accessible ballad - I think it'll all depend on the running order draw, though - if this is in the first half, it'll struggle to gather votes. I think the jury might place this in the top 10, though.

I like the final chorus, too - it builds up nicely.
  8. DenDutch Well-Known Member

I was also expecting something much worse after what they chose in 2014.

This is very nice, and it might do really well, depending on the order and the other songs ofc. It took me a few listens to enjoy it more though (it is my #1 now)

They went for a quite old-fashioned ballad, the same genre as the 2014 winner, but it won't stand out as much for obvious reasons.
  9. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

the verses are a bit weak, but i do like this, especially the crescendo at the end. Allez! Go!
  10. CTP Jass hater

Pleasant, inoffensive song, if perhaps a bit old-fashioned. It won't be on my replay list (assuming no changes between now and Vienna) but it will have its fans.
  11. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Well this is a bit nothingy.
  12. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

Not a big fan of French music, but this one is quite good and it could be winning material.

France is going to tell the world something with this song, and if she manages to make people feel it it wouldn't be weird that she gets a very high placing. We all know what has happened in France and the mere mention of it by the comentators will change the way people listen to this song and -who knows- maybe bring it to the highest position.
  13. James ... and his things xD

I can see this doing very well, but I don't think it can bring the contest to Paris (would be great though).

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023