•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Hearing songs you discovered in the escchat contests

1. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

What songs that you discovered in the contest have you heard after the contest and where?

Platinum Weird - Taking Chances, I hear this at the 99cent store near my dad's work

Francesca Battistelli - Free To Be Me, I was flipping through channels and came across this on a Christian music network
  2. Julio STRANGLES

Gotye feat Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know, I seriously didn't knew it before contest :P heard it after many times on tv :P also Patrick Wolf - The City, it was used as a background music on a program of tv in here can't remember much more :P
    Luis DLC likes this.
  3. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Since Somebody That I Used To Know keeps climbing up the Hot 100, I'm pretty sure I'll hear it soon...I just wonder why I haven't heard it once yet:S
  4. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

I heard Somebody That I Used To Know in VIVA , I heard Jar of Hearts in a shoe store (I knew it before the contest though) , there are a lot of songs which I already knew before the contest and which I still listen to and ofc famous songs , they play them all around.
  5. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

Sonohra - L'amore At an Italian restaurant
    Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know At a room in my dorm
    Alanis Morrisette - Thank You - At a supermarket (Carrefour)
    Lady GaGa - Edge of Glory - Everywhere.
  6. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

Arisa - Malamoreno
    Davide Mogavero - Il tempo migliore
    Francesca Battistelli - Beautiful Beautiful
  7. swissBoy Active Member

As far as I remember...

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love - on a tv show
    Jessie J. feat. B.O.B Price Tag - almost everywhere
    Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know - on the radio
    Luis DLC likes this.
  8. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

A few spring to mind for me:

Something in the water - a couple of weeks ago in all bar one (prententious bar next to my work)

The city - again in a bar

Clare maguire - her songs in general I one was used in a car advert, and I discovered a mini session on virgin music OD (same with patrick wolf)

I'm sure there's more but that's what springs to mind
    Luis DLC likes this.
  9. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

OMG you are not going to believe this! :faint:

I heard Blue Da Ba Dee at work - infants' sports day (2011) blaring out.

When I mentioned it, people told me how they remembered it from years gone by. A certain person whom Mr Williamson will know as a star of Saturday night quiz shows told me he was in Year 6 (age 10-11) when it came out. :o

I had NEVER heard it before in my life. (Or since.)

(And ofc I have heard Gotye and Kimbra on the radio. But I have had it yonks thanks to James. :) )
  10. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

That scares me, Merj :P
  11. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I've led a sheltered life :notsure:
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Matt's Welcome Home was in a commercial here.
    Of course I also heard a lot of the German songs on the radio there, but I also heard Je Veux there.
    Oh and when I was in Greece, one of the earlier songs in the contest by Anna Vissi was on TV there.
    Luis DLC likes this.
  13. Julio STRANGLES

I can add two more, Kina Grannis - In Your Arms heard it on a commercial and Florent Pagny - N'impore Quoi today on tv.
    Luis DLC likes this.
  14. Ljupco Active Member

1000 Ships in the supermarket. It made shopping more fun :)
    Luis DLC likes this.
  15. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

I heard Poison, but an instrumental version, in a commercial with Nicole talking about a make-up product.
  16. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Not really fitting here, but for school we had to make a video clip and I suggested to use Poison. The entire group agreed and so we made a clip for it.
    In the end, we scored 10/10, the best mark possible :D
    As soon as my teacher puts it on YouTube, I'll show you all!
  17. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HEARD "ALORS ON DANCE" JUST 2 DAYS AGO ON THE PUBLIC TRANSPORT'S RADIO. It was so weird, like the bus driver just "pimped his ride". :P

BTW, this is a picture of the public transport bus I got in:
    e2e6bd604af539037967fb081dd66d26.jpg :S

Also I've seen on the "TopLatino Music Chart" that "Somebody That I Used To Know" is in the Top10 (but I still haven't heard it on the radio). :xD:
    James likes this.
  18. James ... and his things xD

All jamoukovian songs!!!!

We heard woodkid and iron, yesterday in atocha! Me and nessie whistled along while crusty was ewing:)
  19. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

Lol ^_^
  20. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Janet first heard pretty much everything on Viva.
    Luis DLC and Scheeples like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023