•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Holland 2012

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Holland will pick their song this Sunday!
    The six participants are:
    • Raffaëla Paton: Former winner of Idols (2006), participated in The Voice of Holland in 2011, where she was in Jeroen van der Boom's team (Jeroen was part of De Toppers in 2009).
    • Joan Franka: Former participant of The Voice of Holland, failed to reach the finals in VanVelzen's team.
    • Kim de Boer: Former participant in The Voice of Holland, where she came 3rd in the final. She was in Angela Groothuizen's team.
    • Ivan Peroti: The big unknown name, but it's said he works for John de Mol, the producer of this NF and he writes songs for people like Ben Saunders.
    • Pearl Jozefzoon: Runner-up in season 1 of (no joke) The Voice of Holland. She was in Nick&Simon's team.
    • Tim Douwsma: Came 5th in Popstars 2007 and then went on to be a tv-host for TROS.
    It seems like a pretty biased choice to me, as the participants either come from The Voice of Holland (which is John de Mol's TV show), TROS (which is the channel that broadcasts Eurovision) or work for John de Mol (the producer of the NF).
    But if the songs are good, I can't complain about it.

There are battles for this NF. The winner of each battle will go to a superfinal. The voting is 50% televote, 50% juries and there will be an international jury of 100 people (who all come from abroad, but live in Holland....).
    The battles:
    • Raffaëla Paton - Chocolatte VS. Joan Franka - You And Me
    • Kim de Boer - Children Of The World VS. Ivan Peroti - Take Me As I Am
    • Pearl Jozefzoon - We Can Overcome VS. Tim Douwsma - Undercover Lover
    The big favourites seem to be Pearl Jozefzoon and Raffaëla Paton.

There are some snippets, so if you want to watch those, watch them below:
  2. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I just got my earlier thought confirmed: this line-up is a fixed one.

These six artists were asked by the selection committee to send in their entries! It was pretty obvious that the asked candidates were going to be in the National Final! I am absolutely disgusted!
  3. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

:oops:Poor Nick
  4. James ... and his things xD

How did u get that confirmation?
  5. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Because that's what the artists said in interviews, James.
  6. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

The Dutch will final will (if the stream works) be streamed in chat tonight!:D
    It will start at 20.20 CET!
  7. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

The stage for tonight:
    [IMG]
  8. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I just saw four of the outfits (Pearl, Tim, Raffaëla and Joan)...
    and I have to admit I'm afraid Joan will look like a joke wearing that Indian headdress.
  9. adamacs RUTH DAVIDSON FOR PM.

I'm sorry - we don't use CET here. It will start at 19:20 GMT I think you'll find :D
    jw and NickEmpel like this.
  10. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Usually I couldn't care less about what people wear (with few exceptions), but you're right. She needs to change the outfit or people won't take her seriously. :(
  11. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

And here is the Dutch entry!!!!

Joan Franka - You And Me
    Anah likes this.
  12. Julio STRANGLES

the video-clip is out:

matthewbell32, Luis DLC and NickEmpel like this.
  13. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I'm sorry, I just want to slap her!
  14. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

That's how we feel about you.
    Nessie, matthewbell32 and NickEmpel like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023