•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Holland 2015

1. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

So here it is.... Walk Along

2. Mina Member with a "past"

Sorry but I find this very boring/monotonous.
  3. DenDutch Well-Known Member

Sounds okay, but anything can sound okay after you've heard the Belarussian NF.
    After a second time: it's meh
    After even more time: It could have been way worse, it's quite catchy, nothing too special, but in a years with lots of ballads of a lot uptempo songs this can do well, we'll see. I quite like it, it's not too heavy.
  4. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

It's not bad - Trijntje has a good voice although I agree it's pretty repetitive and boring after a minute or so.

Probably won't do very well but it's very reminiscent of early 00's pop music.
  5. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Sleeping Bag at the ready :zzz:
  6. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

I like it
    adamacs and NickEmpel like this.
  7. Genesis2703 Pointless

Within the first few seconds I was like "woah this sounds decent", but the chorus is a massive let down and is far too repetitive. Staging will make or break this, hopefully you guys have the same people who organised the setup for The Common Linnets this year, then you may have a decent shot of another nice result.

Way too early to say of course, as this year could be shitter than normal quality wise (or massive better :baby: )
  8. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Yes, Milton, the same stage director (Hans Pannecoucke) will once again stage our entry.

I spent the day listening to it on repeat because I wasn't quite sure what I thought this morning. I think it's a decent enough entry and Trijntje's vocals are good enough to carry this. I do however think the song is a tad repetitive, which means it's not as great as it could have been.
    It's really catchy and that's a good thing for me. The inspiration for this clearly came from the late 90s/early 00s, but in a 2014/15 setting. Trijntje would never have released this in that stage of her career. mgf JW rightfully said (on Facebook) that it reminded him of Mel C. I'd add Alanis Morisette and Natalie Imbruglia to that bunch and that's when you get Trijntje and this song. It's nice and MOR, nothing too pretentious and no idea where it's going to finish.
    Mina's comment that it's monotonous I don't get at all, not one bit. Monotonous is probably the last word I'd come up with.

In short, I think it's a decent enough entry and it will depend on the other songs this year to see where it's going to finish, but for now, all I can say is that this song is made by Trijntje. She makes it to what it is and I like it, even though there's definitely room for improvement.
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I partially agree with Mina feat. Rua. Monotonous is perhaps a bit far, but I don't feel that the song builds in the way it should, and the chorus does come dangerously close to being over-repetitive.

I also think we should be cautious of thinking this song will do better than it will because of :nl:'s recent track record. I imagine that had this song been revealed as their entry in 2009, for example, fewer people would be predicting it for the top 10, SOZ.

POST-EDIT: Also I wonder whether it may suffer the same fate as 'Children of Universe' i.e. decent enough, polished pop song but ultimately too sterile and/or lacking sufficient ethnic wailing to reach the left hand side of the scoreboard.
  10. DenDutch Well-Known Member

I can't jugdge about that, I might be too biased for that, it's becoming a bit of a tradition here to say the song is pure crap (same happened last year, until we did well) and for that reason we also predict ourself to stay in the semis.

I curious about the other songs, because until now we might have the best one (not that that is a giant achievent with Malta and Macedonia as the other contestants)
  11. Mina Member with a "past"

By monotonous I mean that when she keeps singing 'why i i i i i won't you walk along, baby' I feel like shooting myself..maybe repetitive would be a better word.

As for the recent Dutch track record, well, Anouk is Anouk and the song was very special and The Common Linnets had an amazing staging and out of the world chemistry between the singers.

I do agree with Jonny on the UK 2014 song..I had the same feeling when I had first heard it..that it goes nowhere.
  12. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Repetitive is indeed the word I'd use. It is a bit repetitive and is really going to the edge of driving catchiness to repetitiveness.

About the track record: Let's also face that there is no chance in hell that we'd get such an experienced singer and song in 2009. Or any year before Anouk. This song is hard to compare to anything we've done before in terms of voting countries (i.e. all 38 others)/system (combined jury/televoting ranking 1-26) and that's why I think you can't be sure where this is going. I don't think many people will really hate it, it's not as 'hateable' as 2013 or 2014, but I also don't think many people are going to have this as their #1.
    That said, we only have three songs so far and I was less than impressed with both Malta and Macedonia, so obviously there's some enthousiasm in the Eurovision world. I'm confident for Trijntje's staging, Hans Pannecoucke did 2014 and that looked great. It will all depend on Trijntje's chemistry with the camera and the act she's going for. Fact is, 'we' (the oh so overused sense of togetherness in this country) have changed something in our approach to Eurovision. That's why I find it hard to speak of a 'track record', as the path we've been using now has only been in place for two years.
  13. Julio STRANGLES

I quite like it, apart from the why yyyyyy part
    NickEmpel likes this.
  14. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

lol, hanita keeps essaying to defend holland's song, but it doesn't need defending
    Nessie and NickEmpel like this.
  15. Merjan BOSOPOFO ELSIE

I think it's rather nothingy (but I don't suppose it's the last one I'll say that about). Maybe it goes nowhere because last year's song very successfully went nowhere so they thought they'd try the same thing again. I think the only place this will be going is home after the SF.
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  16. Teodor Moderator

it's not very good because of this ''why y y y y'',which is repeated all the time but it's catchy.,.so, i like it a bit
  17. I like it too
    NickEmpel likes this.
  18. Nessie SWEET HOME ALABAMA

WHY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY
    [IMG]
    DenDutch likes this.
  19. ThatWelshOne Member

I quite like it, it's decent. Chorus could be less repetitive as said before, but the song has a nice melody. I don't think it'll do too well, but then again, we are far from having our full line-up yet, so it's too early to tell.
  20. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

And here's the first live:

Rua and Teodor like this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023