•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

I am quite frankly disgusted...

1. Hehe, you all thought I was talking about Norway didn't you? :P :D nooo, congratulations spiritual neighbours *hugs* you still have one more to go though ;)

No, I'm talking about something quite different which you may be completely unaware of. A few days ago in the thread "Semi One: YourThoughts" I wrote:

"Also, referring to the postcards, Russia did something quite impressive and controversial and actually supported (albeit very subtly) Armenia's position in the conflict they're having/had with Azerbaijan. In their postcard there was a shot of a male and female statue in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh...don't know why it's important but I found it interesting/surprising..."

When Sirusho announced the Armenian votes last night, she deliberately held up a clipboard with a picture of that statue on it, and in the background the same thing could be seen. In this conflict I side with Armenia BUT this is appalling, petty, shocking and quite frankly unacceptable behaviour and I am rather disgusted with Armenia's actions last night...
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

See, I noticed she was making it quite obvious she was trying to make a point. And I wondered whether it was a political gesture or just a lovely building that Armenia wanted to show off! Unfortunately it seems it was a political gesture :( Last night was truly amazing and i'm so happy (even for Norway!), but its just a shame that something always has to slightly sour the event.

On the plus side it was the best ESC ever and I am genuinely happy Norway won!!!!
  3. Mark New Member

Too be honest, I was thinking "How rough does Sirusho look" rather than some political statement - maybe if she wore a wig and sang We Don't Wanna Put In - it would have been better :D and funnier :D
  4. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

OMG! I noticed the obvious clipboard gesture too. Russia sabotaged the bosnian song too, they didnt give them their red-flag moment! Fkn russians....

ANYWAY I am still FURIOUS at the nation of Turkey and my political BNP quest continues.
  5. Kevin New Member

Herpies for the Bin!
  6. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

Regarding this statue;

[IMG]

I see it when watching Sirusho and the clipboard... it is defo behind her and on her clipboard. ON THE OTHER HAND, I have watched the armenian postcard a few times and cannot see it anywhere....
  7. It may have been removed in the final postcard but it's definitely in the semi one: keep paying attention to the top right hand corner.

I've re-watched the voting today and realised it's actually one of the more amusing things of the year :P nobody but the Azeris/Armenians blatently understood it judging by the complete lack of comments on YouTube and the way Sirusho lifts up the clipboard is just amazing :D so subtle...not!
  8. Yes, I was right - you can't see it in the final postcard because Russia edited it out...quite a fuck up in the first place if you as me :o

It gets better, apparently during the voting Azeri TV blocked out the number to call to vote for Armenia (not that they would :P) just to make extra sure they got 0 from them...read some more here.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023