•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Iceland 2019

1. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Iceland will decide its representative through its national final of Söngvakeppnin 2019 this Saturday, 2 March (links and exact times to follow), after two semifinals held on 9 and 16 February.

Each semifinal contained five songs, of which the top 2 advanced to the final. Broadcaster RÚV chose to use its wildcard to push through an additional entry (marked below). All semifinal songs were performed in their Icelandic version, while for the final artists were invited to sing in the language they mean to use at Eurovision.

The 5 finalists are (studio for the English, semifinal performance for the Icelandic):
    1. Friðrik ÓmarHvað ef ég get ekki elskað? (studio version of What If I Can’t Have Love)
    2. Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen (W)Mama Said (semifinal performance of Ég á mig sjálf)
    3. Tara MobeeFighting For Love (semifinal performance of Betri án þín)
    4. Hera BjörkMoving On (semifinal performance of Eitt andartak)
    5. HatariHatrið mun sigra [Hate Will Prevail] (no English version)

You will have recognised Hera Björk, who previously represented Iceland in the ESC in 2010. You might have also recognised Friðrik Ómar, who hails from wiggles’s hometown and has also previously represented Iceland in the ESC, in 2008, as part of Eurobandið (Euroband). Just so you are warned, Hatari define themselves as an "anti-capitalist BDSM techno performance art group".

On the night, an international jury (3 Icelanders and 7 foreigners) and the public will decide the top two acts, which will advance to a superfinal. The superfinal vote won’t be starting from zero: the two acts will keep the votes they received in the first round of voting, which will be weighted 50% against the televote and jury vote for the superfinal.

Last year’s runner up Eleni Foureira will be one of the guest acts, performing Fuego.

My favourite since the semifinals has been Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen and I am over the moon with the fact that RÚV decided last minute to put her through. I also think her song works better in the English version. I am not much impressed with anything else.
    Rua and Ronini like this.
  2. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

If the Iceland song can make the final they will win but doubt the useless english loving international juries will be voting for them :(
  3. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

There are two songs in Icelandic, sok, which one?
  4. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Thought the other one got knocked out in semi 2
  5. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Friðrik Ómar (first in the running order) and Hatari (second in the running order) will both perform in Icelandic.
  6. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

but wasnt he going to sing in english originally
  7. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Like I wrote above, these two will be performing in Icelandic, and the other three in English.
  8. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

but there was only going to be 2 only icelandic songs in the semi and 1 qaulified in semi 1 and the other went out in semi 2 wish they would stick to what they are doing its very confusing
    Rua likes this.
  9. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Yes, it is confusing - english versions usually mean they'll switch to that if they perform in the final but it seems Fridrik has decided to stick with Icelandic (possibly for the best, the lyrics in English are probably preachy crap)
    Anaconda and sokrates1988 like this.
  10. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

See my original post above :D
    - In the two semifinals, ALL 10 songs were performed in Icelandic, they always are. So all 10 were in Icelandic to begin with.
    - For the final, each of the 5 artists is free to choose whether they want to perform their songs in English or Icelandic. 2 kept Icelandic, and 3 chose English.
    Rua likes this.
  11. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

sad thing is the juries will be all over hera bork :( I just fear she will win
  12. CTP Jass hater

At the risk of inviting a black hole to form and swallow us all up, I agree with Anaconda. Mama Said is probably the best of them. Hera seems to be well regarded so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent her, although I feel like I've heard the song more than once at Eurovision before.
    Anaconda likes this.
  13. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

:o :o :o
  14. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Iceland's national final of Söngvakeppnin 2019 will take place tonight at 7:45 WIM.

Link: http://www.ruv.is/sjonvarp/beint?channel=ruv

In my original post above, you can find tonight's running order, the voting procedure, and information about the interval act. In addition to Eleni Foureira, another international artist might make an appearance (as it has been a tradition since 2016 to have two in the final), and 2018 Iceland representative Ari Ólafsson is likely to also perform his entry. sok better be warned JOS is scheduled to pop up.
  15. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

with that interval and him popping up glad i aint watching they will only pick some dull english song like always anyway
    Anaconda likes this.
  16. Anaconda I'm as sick as fuck.

Hatari is the most hyped up to win, sok, so never know :up:
    sokrates1988 likes this.
  17. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Not with those annoying international juries sadly :( if they can make the final they will win but cant see them making it :(
    Anaconda likes this.
  18. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Hatari have won the ticket to Tel Aviv with Hatrið mun sigra (Hate Will Prevail) - quite the dark, cyberpunk entry and definitely something we haven't heard at Eurovision yet. Not sure if that's a good thing or not but it's oddly hypnotic.
    Anaconda likes this.
  19. James ... and his things xD

I found this video and I thought it was funny enough to share with all of you :)

Merjan likes this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023