•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Liam's top 10 contest songs (Aka Liam jumps on the bandwagon)

1. Liam Esterran.

Well, since I have now taken part in 10 consecutive editions of the chat song contest, I thought I'd join in the lovefest that is declaring your top 10 songs!

These are the top 10 songs that have taken my fancy in the 10 contests I have taken part in between editions 10 and 19!

Who will be first? ooh, Tension!....
  2. Liam Esterran.

Here we are! #10

Marina and the Diamonds - Oh No! (Nova Nova Scotia)

[IMG]
    Points from Wodongaria: 10

This was one of the first times from memory that I actually agreed with a winning song, I was already familiar with Marina and the Diamonds from a drunken party in which they ended up on heavy rotation, granted I couldn't remember this song specifically, but when it appeared in the contest, I was delighted, and while I was sad at the end of the voting in which my own entry had lead for most of the voting that I failed to retain a top 3 position, I was still delighted that such an awesome came out on top!
  3. Liam Esterran.

Right out of the gate, it's #9

Sys Bjerre - Alle Mine Veninder (Eigerland)

[IMG]
    Points from Wodongaria: 7

I've always had a fondness for Jarek's entries, he always sends a pleasing mix of German, Polish and Scandinavian pop varying in style, and never in English! True to form, this is certainly one of his best choices! The hypnotic chorus line and overall sense of fun of the song never fails to put me into a good mood, as well as a great fun film clip! This will surely be getting a heavy rotation once November hits, as it's an ideal summer song!
  4. Liam Esterran.

Three in a row! #8

Bellefire - Say Something Anyway (Custonia)

[IMG]
    Points from Wodongaria: 12

My housemate Radhika came to investigate the strange sounds of snippets of songs emerging from my room one June evening and I introduced her to the chat song contest. After her initial disappointment with my own entry doing so badly, I showed her which song I had voted for. The result was an eye roll and an "Of course thats what you voted for", and there really was no entry that had my tastes summed up so much this edition, I've long since come to terms with my love of cheesy girlband pop, I would never have attended the S.H.E concert if I had not, and this is a delightful slice with echoes of The Corrs and a dash of B'witched, is it any surprise they're Irish? A fantastic entry from our lord and messiah Jesus.
  5. Liam Esterran.

Shit guuuuurl! #7

Sky Ferreira - One (Nova Nova Scotia)

[IMG]
    Points from Wodongaria: 7

The first time I heard this song I was sitting with my boyfriend Mitchell as he too had become quite intrigued with our fair contest, originally I had ranked One quite low on my list, but as we progressed through the songs, I kept moving it up and up, and now it's progressed to a song I have a very high opinion of, even if Mitch and I are convinced she's actually a robot, despite her claims within the song. It's a quirky electro-pop number which makes good use of voice manipulation technology, a feat hard to do in today's auto-tune saturated music market. <3 Stew also.
  6. Liam Esterran.

Is anyone even reading this? #6

Mando Diao - Gloria (San Minino)

[IMG]

Over half of the points I have given to our favourite 'Shine' cover artist have been a result of this song, and we can say this proves two things,
    A) Mina and I have some fairly different tastes
    and
    B) I fucking love this song!
    With a funky 60's vibe (and look), this song just oozes funk. and the bit where it slows right down and then speeds up again reminds me of one of my favourite Eurovision songs ever (Ben Adam, Israel 1988). What more can I say, other than this is a kick arse song, and the first time I've really been sad that Mina did not create her own film clip out of sexy greek soap operas!
  7. Liam Esterran.

More fun than spam mail anyway! #5

Jan Sievers - Die Suche (Eigerland)

[IMG]

The second non-english entry in my top 10 is also from Eigerland? Quel surprise! Way back in edition 14 I had a conundrum! Do I vote for Die Suche, a song which had grown on me considerably since I had given it 10 in the semi, or do I stick to the more instant "A Night Like This", the debut entry from Empelia? at the last second I decided to switch to the song that I thought was overall better. I'm glad I did! With no offense to our dear Anette, I absolutely hated her entry that edition, and had I not had a last minute change of heart, this masterpiece would have lost! Without speaking German, this song is still plenty moving, and for the second time in this topic, I would like to again thank Jarek for brining a bit of diversity to his entries!
  8. Liam Esterran.

]Bored enough to keep writing! #4

Monrose - This Is Me (Arbana)

[IMG]
    Points from Wodongaria: 10

This is one of those songs that makes me strut! Kickin' beat, message of empowerment, catchy lyrics, there is absolutely nothing not to like in this song (well, except the film clip which I have just watched, I'm glad Arben chose not to include it!) Arben is perhaps the most unpredictable player in our contest, one edition he can send an absolute cracker of a pop number, the next edition, some obscure song that alienates everyone and sometimes something way out of left field that nobody would expect from anyone else but Arben! And Honestly? It's worth putting up with his stranger entries, because periodically, he delivers. And when Arben brings it, It's been brought! It's only a manner of time until we see our contest go to Arbana!
  9. Liam Esterran.

This is more fun than homework anyway. #3

Nabiha - Deep Sleep (LuLuLand)

[IMG]

Luis once said to me "This song sums up how I feel in the mornings" and I gotta say I totally agree, mind, I don't start singinging a freaking awesome slice of funky pop! This is one of those songs I often listen to on the way to uni in the mornings (or even in the afternoons!) when I need a little bit of an aural pick-me-up! Plus I do love a good old fashioned language shift! I could sit around for ages and list all the reasons I like this song, but it would be fairly pointless, all I know is that this song should have won edition 15! Luis was robbed!
  10. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

As I say when it's something Eurovision related...

Boo the non-voters. :P No, just kidding. Actually glad I made the top 10 after quite some time. Thanks guys. :)
    I'm still trying to find the lyrics to the part where she switches languages.:S
  11. Liam Esterran.

Almost done! #2

Marit Larsen - If A Song Could Get Me You (LuLuLand)

[IMG]

Speaking of Luis being robbed... No offence to our glorious supreme leader, but for me this is the real winner of Edition 10! Edition 10 was my first introduction to our chat contest, one in which I failed to qualify. Oh well! It didn't matter as I was gifted with this slice of pop in which I totally adore! I've always held a soft spot in my heart for songs that deal with sad issues in rather upbeat manners, putting a fun new spin on a cliché topic. Marit is just too adorable too! This would have been my #1 if it hadn't been for a pesky song that just won't leave my head!
  12. Liam Esterran.

The grand finalé! #1

Soft Toy Emergency - Critical (Sheepmark)

[IMG]

Call me unoriginal, or uninspired or perhaps just good at picking songs I like, but of my top 10, 6 entries were 12 point recievers, and one of those was only my 10 point receiver because the 12 pointer is also here. So perhaps there have been no great revelations here, and few songs that have grown on me greatly post-contest. I suppose I'm just good at knowing what I like? And what is it that I like, well, it's critical! From the rocking electro beepety beeps, to the bizarre phrasing this song is just odd enough to rule my roost. And ever since me and my friends danced drunkenly to this song on repeat for about 20 minutes at my last house party this has been cemented as my favourite song to have discovered from this contest of ours.

And in the end, even if I do bad time and time again, it's songs like this that will keep me going on. It's the easiest way to share new music. So a big thank you to everyone who sent one of the songs that appears on this list, a big thank you to everyone who just missed out who I now forget, and a big thank you to everyone who in the future will send a song that will make me pleased to be a member of this grand contest!

x

-Liam
  13. Arben The Flag Lover

Ofc ive read it all Wodongria, very nice top 10 you have...

and i really am glad about your nice words about Arbana, as i know my next few entries already you can be sure, that my entries keep being "different" :)
  14. Estêvão Did you ever know that you're (JW) my hero

Liam, I had the IMMENSE pleasure of attending a Mando Diao concert in Lisbon back in 2009. They are AMAZING! My boyfriend loves them because of their 60's vibe. At the time of the concert, I had already heard their song "Dance With Somebody" (Terryfic: Edition #8). But it was Gloria that I rocked out to more at the concert. I was hoping to submit "Gloria" for Edition #20, now I must choose something else.
  15. Eurovizz Member

yes liaaaam i am reading

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023