•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Masiosare #28

1. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

LAST PLACE FOR MASIOSARE IN THE FINAL OF EDITION 28.

Rinaldi Riots.jpg
    RABANASTRE, INSPIRELAND, September 21st (MASNews) – Italian singer Manuel Rinaldi had quite some difficult challenges to surpass for the 27th edition of the ESCchat Song Contest. In the end, he couldn’t deliver.

It was the first time that Masiosare qualified automatically to the Final; and after receiving 102 points in the last edition, this time it only managed to get 33 points, which left the country in the 24th and last place.

In order to obtain better results than those achieved in the 26th edition – Masiosare’s best so far – Rinaldi had to achieve an 8th place or higher, or more than 102 points. However this couldn’t be possible – in fact, Rinaldi couldn’t even get close to the results obtained by Christian Chávez and Anahí.

For the second time, +Canal’s representative for Masiosare didn’t do well. The first one being Corneille, who didn’t qualify for the Final two editions ago and got second-to-last place: so close to getting the “Toilet Award” – the recognition given to the song with the least votes in the Semifinal.

“We were so sure this song was going to do so well, we were already expecting another Top10 result”, said Esther Morales, CEO of +Canal. “I guessed I was very optimistic about the entry. But that’s what this is all about: showing our full support for our entry, whether it places high or low. Now I can say that nothing’s written and anything can happen”.

After coming 9th in edition 26 and auto-qualifying for the Final for edition 27, Manuel Rinaldi couldn’t deliver a good performance and came last in the latest edition of the of the ESCchat Song Contest that took place in Rabanastre, Inspireland.

HATE AND SUPPORT AT THE AIRPORT

Before his arrival, Rinaldi’s followers gathered at Chapulhuacanito’s International Airport showing their support to the Italian artist. People were waving signs with phrases such as “ti amo”, “sei grande” and even “stuprami!” (“rape me!”).

In a brief press conference right at the airport, Manuel Rinaldi assured he feels disappointed with himself: “I really worked hard on this song and, with all honesty, I don’t feel like I deserved a last place. But that’s what contests are about: there are winners and losers… and this time it was not my turn to win”.

Nevertheless, “‘grazie a tutti i paesi e grazie mille a Esterra per i dodici punti!’” said Rinaldi in Italian, thanking all countries that voted for his song and especially to Esterra for their 12 points. It has also been rumored that Mr. Rinaldi will not be giving further interviews related to the contest’s result.

However, during the press conference, a small group of people started to shout against Rinaldi. Phrases like “go to hell” or “you should be deported to Esterra” – the only country that gave 12 points to Masiosare – made the artist upset and the fans furious against the small anti-Rinaldi committee. This created a dispute that took several minutes before airport security could take the situation under control.

LOOKING TO IMPROVE FOR EDITION 28

For the 28th Edition, MasRTV has decided to send a Mexican pop-rock group, performing a song written by one of Mexico’s biggest performer and songwriter alive.

“For the first time, Masiosare is sending a group; and for the first time, Masiosare’s lead singer is a girl”, said Maurilia Jonguitud, chairman of MasRTV. “The group became popular in 2006, the lead singer appeared in a reality show and they have also recorded songs for two Mexican TV shows”.

“Another important thing about our entry for Edition 28 is the song’s lyrics”, added Pepe Páez, Head of Delegation for Masiosare. “The song tells the story about a girl talking to her ex-lover. She tells him that she already loves another man; but nevertheless, she is willing to help him get over her”. The song is quite old, but it has been sung by many other artists. The version we're sending to the 28th Edition of the ESCchat Song Contest was released in 2008”.

“And about the songwriter: he has written more than 1,800 songs, which have been translated to English, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, German and French. He has a star in Hollywood’s Walk of Fame and has sold over 100 million copies of his albums. So, he’s quite a superstar!”, ended.

TWO VICTORIES IN A ROW FOR INSPIRELAND

It has been a great season for Inspireland: in the last four editions, the country has managed to get 3 victories – the last two of them in a row. And it has been in the Top10 since the 21st edition. The country’s most recent victory has been achieved thanks to the 152 points that Sylwia Grzeszczak received for her song “Małe Rzeczy”.

It’s the third time in the ESCchat Song Contest that the host country wins. The first and second time consecutively happening during the 9th and 10th editions of the contest, when Furnyland hosted and won the musical competition; making this – so far – the only country that has won three times in a row. Can Inspireland become the second country to do so? Many believe it’s quite possible.

Nawrocka took the second place with the song “Love Love Love” performed by Avalanche City and which received 109 points. These two countries were the only ones who received more than 100 points. MinnEiginnRass took the third place with Sugarland’s country-ballad “Stay”.

Almatia, LuLuLand, Sheepmark, Jamoukovia, Støkkanslåndet, Syphoria and Hexelbourg conform the rest of the Top10, who will automatically qualify for the final of next edition – once again – in Inspireland.
  2. Mina Member with a "past"

Mexican pop-rock sounds good but...seriously, how long did it take you to write all that?? :o
  3. James ... and his things xD

Looking forward to it! Well written!
  4. Lilly.. Y U NO ALIEN?

Omg I'm so impressed by the article , god its a novel , you should think about being a writer or something like that . You made the song sound amazing , I hope its like that , can't wait to hear it. Good luck!
    pepepaez and MagicGianluk like this.
  5. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Is it written by that guy or is the band doing a cover?:devil: Had better not be the latter :P
  6. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

LOL! It did take some time, but because I couldn't concentrate. This weekend I travelled to San Luis Potosí (north-center of the country) to visit my parents and relatives... and we were talking, eating and drinking while I was writing this...

... so I can say that this has been the text that has taken me the most time to write (also, my family was not helping me at all! :cautious:).

Sorry Huicho, but (now that the songs have been revealed) Playa Limbo is covering one of Juan Gabriel's most popular songs (and one of my favorites!). So here are the lyrics in Spanish and the English translation (just in case you might want to sing in Spanish! :D).

ASÍ FUE THIS IS HOW IT WAS
    Perdona si te hago llorar. Forgive me if I make you cry.
    Perdona si te hago sufrir, Forgive me if I make you suffer,
    pero es que no está en mis manos. But this is just not in my hands.
    Pero es que no está en mis manos: But this is just not in my hands:
    me he enamorado, I've fallen in love,
    me he enamorado, I've fallen in love,
    me enamoré. I fell in love.

Perdona si te causo dolor. Forgive me if I cause you pain.
    Perdona si te digo adiós. Forgive me if I say goodbye to you.
    ¿Cómo decirle que te amo? How can I tell him I love you?
    ¿Cómo decirle que te amo? How can I tell him I love you?
    Si me ha preguntado: If he already asked me:
    yo le dije que no... I told him "I don't"...
    yo le dije que no. I told him "I don't".

Soy honesta con él y contigo: I'm honest with him and with you:
    a él lo quiero y a tí te he olvidado. I love him and it's you I've forgotten.
    Si tú quieres, seremos amigos; If you want, we can be friends;
    yo te ayudo a olvidar el pasado: I'll help you forget the past.

No te aferres, Don't hang on to it,
    ya no te aferres Don't hang on to
    a un imposible. an impossible.
    Ya no te hagas, Don't hurt yourself
    ni me hagas más daño... and don't hurt me...
    ya no. not anymore.

Tú bien sabes que no fue mi culpa: You know well it wasn't my fault:
    tú te fuiste sin decirme nada; you left without saying anything;
    y a pesar que lloré como nunca and even though I cried as never before
    ya no seguías de mí enamorado. you were not in love with me anymore.

Luego te fuiste, Then you left,
    y que regresabas and that you'd come back
    no me dijiste you never mentioned
    y sin más nada. and just like that.
    ¿Por qué? No sé, Why? I don't know,
    pero fue así... but this was it...
    así fue. that's how it was.

Te brindé la mejor de las suertes. I wished you the best of luck.
    Yo me propuse no hablarte, no verte I proposed myself not to talk 2 U, not to see U.
    Y hoy que has vuelto, And today that you're back,
    ya de eso no hay nada. there's nothing else of that.
    Ya no debo, no puedo quererte... I don't have to, I can't like you...

Ya no te amo. I don't love you anymore.
    Me he enamorado I've fallen in love
    de un ser divino with such a nice guy
    de un buen amor, with a good love,
    que me enseñó who showed me how
    a olvidar to forget
    y a perdonar. and to forgive.

Soy honesta con él y contigo: I'm honest with him and with you:
    a él lo quiero y a tí te he olvidado. I love him and it's you I've forgotten.
    Pero si tú quieres, seremos amigos; But if you want, we can be friends;
    yo te ayudo a olvidar el pasado: I'll help you forget the past.
    No te aferres, Don't hang on to it,
    ya no te aferres Don't hang on to
    a un imposible. an impossible.
    Ya no te hagas, Don't hurt yourself
    ni me hagas más daño... and don't hurt me...
    ya no.... ya no. not anymore... not anymore.

Just to add some curious info about Masiosare's #28:
    • The girl's name is María León and she was one of the 5 winners of the first (and only) Mexican (unsuccesful) version of "Popstars" back in 2002. She's the only one still dedicated to music.
    • Songwriter Juan Gabriel is the most played male Hispanic composer in the world and his songs are considered part of Mexico's cultural heritage. He's the only artist in the world with total control of his rights as singer and songwriter. He even represented Mexico in the OTI Festival (Eurovision's Latin spin-off, however, I couldn't find the exact data).
    Well, that's all for now, people... take care and talk to you soon! ^_^
  7. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

8. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

¿Qué?
  9. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

¿ indeed.
  10. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

A cover? :( Just send JuanGa :P
  11. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

I like this version a lot... and besides, there are other 1,799 songs from JuanGa ANYONE can send. ;)
  12. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Como dije antes, ay Pepe :P
  13. pepepaez Masiosare's first Head of Delegation.

... in that case: "¡ay Huicho!" :cautious:
  14. Luis DLC I spread Eurovision joy in the US, oy

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023