•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Moldijan Question!

1. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

Hello everyone!

I am Gian and I represent Moldijan in our contest. Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for the point and ABGB ofc for allowing us all to spend such a good time. As most of you know with Edition #64 I signed my 45th official participation, which is really an important statistics for me and my little country. In my ''career'' there have been a lot of good placements (ed.24, 32, X2, 35, 39 etc.) but ofc something is missing, and you all know what it is: A MEDAL :D . It's evident that I am mistaking something in sending songs and several people told me that, basically, it's because I always send italian songs sung by female solo singers. Since there is a pause from the contest I am asking for your help. I would like you to write here what do you think is wrong with my submission or my song selection form...I really ask for your help because I would like to crown my path in here with a medal, and I really would like to hope that my ''target'' may come true.

Thank you! :)
    Zuñir likes this.
  2. Curtis Belgium is a non country.

Italian, far too much Italian.

LOTS of ITALIAN

chuffing loads of Italian.

Lots.

A HUGE AMOUNT.
    Jonny and Scheeples like this.
  3. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

I think your biggest issue is the fact that you aim for a result. Simply send a song you like and see how it does, don't put pressure on the result, we're here to show each other the music we like to listen to.
  4. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

I stopped reading at this point because I am sick to death of you stating the bleeding obvious.
  5. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Gian - there's not much I can say to you as a medal is something that I know you really want and is the one thing that can be difficult to get your hands on.

All I can say to you is go with your heart (as cheesy as that sounds), if you feel a song, even if you personally think won't do well but you love it, send it. You have to be happy with your song before others can be happy with it.

I know you probably do this also but, just go with your heart and who knows what can happen.
    MagicGianluk and Merjan like this.
  6. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

just do as i do and keep sending songs you love even if you flop, winning isnt everything but it helps :D
    MagicGianluk likes this.
  7. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

got it, thanks for your opinion Curtis

you know, it's not completely right, I think almost 100% of the songs I sent were meant to show what kind of music I liked.
  8. NickEmpel BURGER AND FRIES

Your post here shows that that is not entirely true. You want a medal and you're asking us to help you get it. Just send something without thinking about that medal.
  9. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

You know Rua, I have always been going with my heart, I like every single entry in my chronology and I would send them once again. The problem may be that, basically, my musical taste is not that ''strong'' but there, I can change nothing.
  10. DenDutch Well-Known Member

Ofc you can still send Italian, but try to send different styles (proper styles, that have a possibility of winning). So if you just search in other languages and styles, you'll find a song you like there.
  11. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

So far, basically I think we have 3 theories

1. Too many Italian songs
    2. Choose a song basing on your heart and not aiming about the result
    3. Try Different Styles

thanks to everyone for your help :)
  12. sokrates1988 I HATE EUROVISION

Just send Rosanna Rocci you will win then :up:
    MagicGianluk and DenDutch like this.
  13. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

4. Stop stating the obvious
    NickEmpel and MagicGianluk like this.
  14. Mina Member with a "past"

You'll get one when you least expect it. Nothing is wrong with your songs.
    MagicGianluk likes this.
  15. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

I know I may not be particularly enlightened on this subject, what with me coming fresh off the golden toilet, however I can only echo what Nick has said.

The results really aren't important, as opposed to sending a song you like which is the very essence of the contest. After all, if you're sending songs solely to win, you're basically Azerbaijan, and, hint hint, no one likes Azerbaijan.

:turd:
  16. Gian My avatar is fat and frumpy

ok, thank you :) I will work in this direction then :)

thanks mina
  17. jw HI. I'M ADAM SCOTT.

Actually, Gianluca does... that's where the 'jan' part of Moldijan comes from :baby:

Maybe, hint hint, no one likes Moldijan, hence the lack of medals :o (kidding, OR AM I?)
  18. Wiggles Administrator

Gian, I'll state some obvious things. You are Gian, I am not Isabella, queen of Castille, and this is a song contest.

Now what is the purpose of the song contest? It is a game, but is it a game like chess, where you try to outmanoeuvre the opponent and win, or is it something else? The medium of the game is an art form, and the approach of almost all has been the sharing of which songs they like.

Remember that this contest is not an objective measurement of the quality of songs. It is a measurement of how liked certain songs are according to the taste of a specific group of people ranging between 20-25 in number. Therefore, your amount of points or placing on the table has no bearing on the quality of your song at all, but the alignment with the taste of the other contestants. Send something the majority will like, and you may win, but send something by the otherwise very popular Justin Timberlake, and you could find yourself cleaning the lavatory. With a different group of people, sok could have won ten times by now, and julio maybe never. Would that change how they felt about their songs?

The purpose of participation can in my opinion be one of three:
    • Sharing music you like, regardless of how it is received by others.
    • Some balance between sending a song you like, but with the music tastes of others in mind (I believe this is the most common approach, at least this is why I haven't sent very hard metal. Not because it would certainly place last but because most people would just find it very unpleasant to listen to).
    • Sending music only with the others' taste in mind regardless of your own, i.e. trying to win.
    Now, most people agree that the last approach is not in the spirit of the game and cheapens the participation in the contest. As stated above, this is a common impression of what Azerbaijan does in Eurovision and in my opinion makes them completely expendable, as any country could send the music they are sending.

About Moldijan, the impression is that you send songs in Italian and they are of a similar genre. This is not a bad thing, for it indicates that you are sending songs that you like. People like a bit of diversity, but if a song is good enough (in their eyes), regardless of language and regardless of whether it's the same style as your last song, it will get many points. You know this already, as you have done quite well on occasion.

Again, if you are really miffed about a lack of podium finishes, you might question the purpose of the participation. Just beware that people sense when someone eschews their specific personal taste at the expense of sending songs likely to win. Also, when someone starts to play to win, they are only a step away from using tactics in their voting, which is one of the lowest things one can do in the game, in my opinion, for they lie about what songs they like. This is not to say you can't change the style of music you send. I have started to listen to music of different styles since joining the contest, both as a result of liking songs I've heard here and in my research of what I'd like to send. This I see is evolution of one's music taste.

The contest is a by-product of the chat, and as such it is meant for sharing of music between the community that has formed here. I wouldn't like it if the contest opened for any Tom, Dick and Harry because then people who weren't part of the community wouldn't care about sharing music with us, they would probably play to win.

I'll give you your obviousness hat back now.

TL;DR: Send what you like, nothing is wrong apart from the atttude. Don't be Nawrocka.
    Genesis2703, Teodor, Jonny and 7 others like this.
  19. Genesis2703 Pointless

I do indeed hope people are not suggesting that you send less exc females. The fiends!

Ouch right in them feelings.... ;)

Anyway my take on this is simple (and not mathematically complex), you can either send what you like and if that means your performances in contest are a bit meh then so be it. Or you can try and play the contest but that will annoy others.

I can't comment too much as I rarely do well, but I'd like to think I send songs I enjoy and I find (personally) that I make a few people really happy but no one else really cares for my music taste, meaning I get very average results often. I could easily send different stuff for the sake of it, but i want to ensure I like my own song first.

Anyway just stay strong, if I can get a medal then you can for sure!
    MagicGianluk likes this.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023