•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

News about the juries

1. Mina Member with a "past"

New rules regarding the JURY

• In each of the 42 participating countries, a jury of five music industry
    professionals (including one jury chairperson) will judge the entries taking part
    in the Final. Their decision will be based on the second Dress Rehearsal

• Viewers can vote by phone and/or SMS. An on-screen clock shows the 15-
    minute voting window, after all songs have been performed

• Jury voting and televoting each count for 50 percent. The combined results will
    be presented on-air during the Final by spokespersons in all participating
    countries

• The jury voting will be monitored by an independent auditor in each country

• The jury should consist of a variety of members in terms of age, gender,
    background

• All jury members must be citizens of the country they are representing

• None of the jury members must be connected with any of the participating
    songs/artists in such a way that they cannot vote independently. The
    participating broadcasters must send a letter of compliance with the voting
    instructions together with signed declarations by each jury member stating that
    they will vote independently

The names of the jury members must be revealed by the respective participating
    broadcasters before or during the Final

• The national juries will rank the songs after the Second Dress Rehearsal. The
    jury should convene on the day of the Final live show

• Each jury member of each national jury will make a ranking of his ten favourite
    songs and award points from 1 to 8, 10 and 12 points

• The chairperson will allocate 12 points to the song having obtained the highest
    number of votes from all jury members, 10 points to the song having obtained
    the second highest number of votes, 8 points to the song having obtained the
    third highest number of votes, 7 points to the next, and so on down to 1 point
    for the song having obtained the tenth highest number of votes from all jury
    members

• In the event of a tie for any of the above positions, the order of the tying songs
    shall be ascertained by a show of hands by the jury members (abstentions are
    not allowed)

• The jury voting will be monitored by an independent notary in each country

The results of the national juries will be published by the EBU’s Executive
    Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest through www.eurovision.tv

The merge with the TELEVOTING results

• As usual, the televoting winner receives 12 points, the runners-up 10 points, then 8 points, and so on

• The EBU’s televoting partner Digame will merge the points given by televoters (1 to 8, 10 and 12) with the points given by the jury (1 to 8, 10 and 12) per
    individual country. Based on the combined points, the country with the
    highest points receives 12 points, then 10, etc.

• If there is a tie between two or more songs when the combined calculation
    between televotes and the jury votes is used to determine the final ranking of
    the songs in the Final, the song(s) which obtained the most votes from the
    televotes shall be ranked highest.
  2. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

It all sounds fandabbydozy apart from one rule: The names of the jury members must be revealed by the respective participating
    broadcasters before or during the Final

WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Surely the EBU should be trying to stop that!!

Unless they mean reveal to the EBU not neccesarily to the public, in which case I can understand it, but it still sounds a bit weird :(

But other than that i'm happy with it! :D

And a massive yippppeee that the results will be published!!!
  3. Mina Member with a "past"

Since they will have voted during the 2nd dress rehearsal (and given their votes), why shouldn't the names be revealed?
    I want to know who will be responsible for the crappy votes we'll give:@
  4. Kevin New Member

rofl mina

well germany already revealed theirs
  5. Mina Member with a "past"

One thing I can't understand is this:

What happens in the case that the jury and the public don't agree on any points?????
    It can happen, can't it? There will be 25 countries in the final and only 10 sets of points:rolleyes:
  6. Kevin New Member

then the order will be:
    12 Televote favourite
    10 jury fav
    8 televote #2
    7 jury #2
    6 televote #3
    5 jury #3
    4 televote #4
    3 jury #4
    2 televote #5
    1 jury #5
  7. Mina Member with a "past"

Kevin, are you sure about that or just assuming?
  8. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Kevin is right.

It says that if there is a tie for any place, then the country with the most points from the televotes gets priority ;)

So it would go ...
    12: (the 12 from televoting)
    10: (the 12 from the jury)
    8: (the 10 from televoting)
    7: (the 10 from the jury)
    6: (the 8 from televoting)
    5: (the 8 from the jury)
    4: (the 7 from televoting)
    3: (the 7 from the jury)
    2: (the 6 from televoting)
    1: (the 6 from the jury)

Although it'll be a miracle if that situation arises lol :P
  9. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

And I want to know who will have saved us from utter televoting disaster :D

But it doesn't specify that the jury names can't be revealed before the 2nd dress rehearsal, so all the broadcasters could reveal them now if they wanted :o Mind you, although its not ideal I don't think releasing them would cause anything along the lines of corruption etc, well we never know but I doubt it.
  10. Mark New Member

Now all the EBU needs to do is publish all the old jury votes :D:D - it'll be interesting, and then we can all moan that Dima didn't deserve to win again !! :D
  11. Mina Member with a "past"

If there is a tie. Not having any points in common doesn't make a tie:cool:
  12. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

By tie I mean that two countries will have the same amount of points!!

Lets say for example ...
    Azerbaijan got 12 from the televoting, and 0 from the jury
    Bulgaria got 12 from the jury (lol) and 0 from the televoting

They both have 12 points! **shock horror**
    Soooooo.... using the break down method the votes are ....
    12 Points to Azerbaijan (as they got more points from the televoting than Bulgaria)
    10 Points to Bulgaria (as they got less points from televoting than Azerbaijan did)

And then they'd do that for every tied set of points until they run out of actual points to give in the contest, that is if the juries and public didn't vote commonly for any song whatsoever.

Does that make it a bit clearer?
  13. Mina Member with a "past"

Hmmmmmmmm we're getting somewhere.
    So, if I'm getting this right, if some country isn't voted at all by either the public or the juries, and even if it gets the 12 points by one of them, it will automatically have less points than countries voted by both (as long as the sum is more than 12 points).
    Right?
  14. Mark New Member

Mina - the next time you play a sim on ESCNation, look at the results in detail or something at the end, it'll make it clear :D
  15. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Sorry i'm not quite sure what you mean ...

OK!!!! Here it is:
    > The jury and televoters vote, allocating 1-12 points each.
    > The scores are merged.
    > The countries are then ranked in order of how many points they have
    > If there are no ties then thats fantastic, but if there is then the country who has got the most points from the public (out of the two/three/four etc tied countries) gets the highest amount of points within the tied countries ...

aka points there are two countries tied in 2nd place, both with a total of 15 points. (for the sake of arguement they are Moldova and ... Malta!)

Malta got more of their points from televoting than Moldova did, SO Malta get 10 points (2nd place overall), and Moldova get 8 points (3rd place overall)!

Theres really nothing more to it :D
  16. Mina Member with a "past"

I meant:
    Say Norway gets 12pts by Greek public and 0 pts by Greek jury.
    And say the Uk gets 3 pts by public and 9 by jury.

Who gets more points in the end?
  17. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Oooooohhhh I see what you're saying now!!!

Well it depends on whether that country that wasn't voted for by public or televoting, got their 12 points from public or televoting.

If they got their 12 points from televoting, (and nothing from the jury) then they take priority over the country that got their points from a mixture.

If they got their 12 points from the jury, (and nothing from the voters) then the country with their points from a mixture takes priority :cool:
  18. Jonny Ginger Tory Witch

Norway, because they got more points from the televoting/public than the UK did. :)
  19. Mina Member with a "past"

So, basically, televoting is still the king. So Greece could win:o
  20. Stewart SOD ME HARD AND FAST

OMG IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
    It's all very complicated but, hey... whatever.

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023