•   days until the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Malmö!

Poland 2020

1. Ronini SHIT Taste Central

Poland's Szansa na sukces, a casting show that originally ran from 1992 to 2012, comes to a close tomorrow from 2.15pm WIM on TVP2.

There are 3 acts competing in the final, but we know only 2 of the songs they intend to take to Rotterdam at time of writing. The show will also have the three acts performing covers.

The 3 acts are:
    • Kasia Dereń - with her song Ufaj mi
    • Alicja Szemplinska - who previously did very well in The Voice Poland, but we know nothing about her song
    • Albert Černý - who is the singer from Lake Malawi of "Hi, we are Lake Malawi from the Czech Republiiiic" and :cz: 2019 fame, and who will perform the Lake Malawi song Lucy with the support of Lake Malawi. The song apparently is a collaboration of various ESC notables, ie JOWST (Norway 2017), Lasse Piirainen (Finland 2017) and Cesar Sampson (Austria 2018), while Lucy is Lucy Ayoub who hosted the Green Room in 2019. Guess who is the favourite to win, also considering there was a rule change for semi final three in which Albert ended up qualifying for the final
    Rua, Anaconda, Mina and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rua Haldor Lægreid Impersonator

Just to casually overtake your thread, Norman - Alicja won the ticket with her song 'Empires' and she won both jury and SMS vote.

As someone who enjoys ballads, I am so sick of ballads this year. Please, no more - especially not if they're as ham-fisted as this. Bond song-lite with lyrical cliches about moths to light, matches to gasoline, birds to panes of glass (wait, what?) - we get one of these (or more) every year and I can't deal anymore. :zzz:
    Teodor, Anaconda and Ronini like this.
  3. James ... and his things xD

It reùings me a bit on the Georgian 'keep the faith'.

This is carp
  4. Mina Member with a "past"

Like this page on Facebook

Comments posted on the forum and in the chat room are the sole opinion of the respective author and not escChat.com.
escChat.com © 2009 – 2023